• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mimikyu Just Wants Some Friends! Mimikyu for Smash 5!

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
*Direct starts showing Pokemon

Me: Hahaha someone's gonna get deconfirmed

*Mimikyu is shown

Me: WHAT NOOOOOO

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
I am sad Mimikyu's out of the running, but I expected it. It does have an awkward body shape and design for a fighter.

On the bright side, the Pokeball Mimikyu is brilliantly animated and looks really, really good!

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I am sad Mimikyu's out of the running, but I expected it. It does have an awkward body shape and design for a fighter.

On the bright side, the Pokeball Mimikyu is brilliantly animated and looks really, really good!
I really want Smash to have more non-humanoid fighters, but yeah the pokeball mon are animated BEAUTIFULLY. Glad he is in the game in some form.
A side note- I wish Ditto gave the derpy .__. face to the characters.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion

I may sound desperate but what if Mimikyu can still be DLC? I feel like being both playable and also a Pokeball could be an exception for Mimikyu. When Mimikyu is playable, his Pokeball is disabled.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I may sound desperate but what if Mimikyu can still be DLC? I feel like being both playable and also a Pokeball could be an exception for Mimikyu. When Mimikyu is playable, his Pokeball is disabled.
perhaps we could have totem mimikyu

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
I was the ones who supported Mimikyu in Smash, even so, it looks cool in Smash even if it's a pokeball.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I'm still shucked that Mimikyu is de-confirmed. No. This isn't real. This can't be it. There has to be another way. This was all I asked of Sakurai. ** Classic Mode, ** Adventure Mode if I'm not pushing the boundaries there. All I needed was Mimikyu. ** I'm making a Twitter account.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm very sad that Mimikyu has been disconfirmed as well. It was my personal preferred Alolamon to make it into Smash Ultimate.

At this point, I'm just hoping that the next pokemon isn't yet another starter or humanoid/anthromon...

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
I'm very sad that Mimikyu has been disconfirmed as well. It was my personal preferred Alolamon to make it into Smash Ultimate.

At this point, I'm just hoping that the next pokemon isn't yet another starter or humanoid/anthromon...
This is most likely the case. Haha If not Incineroar, Zeraora is definitely in.

Staarih

Smash Master

Yeah, while two-legged, humanoid characters in fighting games is usually a norm, I was hoping for something more quirky to go with Smash. Which is why Mimikyu was my favorite option. Oh well, I'm lowkey expecting Incineroar happening now, but we'll see.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
Mimikyu passed up is so unreal to me. I thought Sakurai would have looked at it as a obvious unique addition and GameFreak also pushing for it.

Mimikyu needs to become a staple of the Pokémon anime with it already replacing two of Team Rocket's most iconic Pokémon. Mimikyu varieties of different types of Pokémon NEEDS to happen as what's been suggested. Then, Mimikyu could definitely see a future consideration in Smash.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Ripperoni Mimikyu. Oh well, all good things must come to an end, plus I really like how well she looks as a pokeball.

Now, to wonder who else could be playable. Assuming we get a 7th gen Pokemon (which I've been unsure of since we got 4 Pokemon returning), I think Type Null/Silvally or Incineroar would be really fun.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Ripperoni Mimikyu. Oh well, all good things must come to an end, plus I really like how well she looks as a pokeball.

Now, to wonder who else could be playable. Assuming we get a 7th gen Pokemon (which I've been unsure of since we got 4 Pokemon returning), I think Type Null/Silvally or Incineroar would be really fun.
Ok. Your really cool for making this support thread but I'm really starting to question how many of us were actually true Mimikyu supporters. This is not ok when you really think about it. Its the same "cool" humanoid Pokémon in repeated and I thought you would have wanted to see change, to.

I don't want to call this the end. Mimikyu>DLC. There's a way.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Ok. Your really cool for making this support thread but I'm really starting to question how many of us were actually true Mimikyu supporters. This is not ok when you really think about it. Its the same "cool" humanoid Pokémon in repeated and I thought you would have wanted to see change, to.

I don't want to call this the end. Mimikyu>DLC. There's a way.
What? I just like seeing Pokemon I like in Smash. I don't have any ulterior motive, and Mimikyu seemed like the most likely. Now that Mimikyu is deconfirmed, it's time to move on.

UserKev

Smash Champion
What? I just like seeing Pokemon I like in Smash. I don't have any ulterior motive, and Mimikyu seemed like the most likely. Now that Mimikyu is deconfirmed, it's time to move on.
Mimikyu is in my top 5 last requested characters in Smash. Its that one brilliantly badass character that hit me out of no where so I gotta continue to support it.

UserKev

Smash Champion
My dude Mimikyu lost due to the humanoid Pokémon trend. I'm still holding on for you, buddy. Like Charizard, the pokeball is only the first entrance. If other highly suggested gen 7 Pokémon remain absent from Smash Ultimate, that says a lot.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I'm surprised this thread hasn't been locked. Regardless, I would have liked a playable Mimikyu.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I'm surprised this thread hasn't been locked. Regardless, I would have liked a playable Mimikyu.
Not until the end of speculation. A lot of other de-confirmed characters are still discussed, dude.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I like how Mimikyu ended up the last discussed update by GameXplain.

Mimikyu's Pokeball assist is it instantly KO's the opponent. Sick and accurate to the character. They also talked about its move set potential. I really wished Sakurai looked at its ability rather than its similarity in design. Now Its the "Everyone Is Here" that probably ruined Mimikyu's chances. I could totally see Mimikyu's appeal rather than as just another *Pikachu"

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Why would it be locked? People can still talk about disconfirmed characters if they want to.
When DLC happens though, deconfirmed topics who aren't plain trophies will definitely be gone

Going off of how things we handled here for Smash 4 speculation.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
When DLC happens though, deconfirmed topics who aren't plain trophies will definitely be gone

Going off of how things we handled here for Smash 4 speculation.
Oh sure, when DLC comes along.

Right now for the base game though, I think people can still talk about the characters regardless of their confirmed status, if they are sad that they have been disconfirmed and all, they should be able to express that for now.

So long as no flamewars, trolling or anything out of hand goes on like with the Ridley threads of old.
The Waluigi thread was locked by the thread creator's own request though if I recall so I guess for now, It's up to the OP wether or not they want to keep the thread open.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
The OP can pass Mimikyu's support thread on to me. Haha Its honestly silly to just abandoned a character right after they become de-confirmed. If its your most wanted, you support them until the exact end.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The OP can pass Mimikyu's support thread on to me. Haha Its honestly silly to just abandoned a character right after they become de-confirmed. If its your most wanted, you support them until the exact end.
Try asking an admin like Cyn Cyn to change to ownership if possible.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Try asking an admin like Cyn Cyn to change to ownership if possible.
With current forum software (Xenforo 2 vs Xenforo 1) it is impossible for us to change post authors like we could before due to the lack of a reliable add on. There is a workaround that involved moving an older post into a thread, but the current OP is older than UserKev UserKev 's account, so it is impossible to do.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
With current forum software (Xenforo 2 vs Xenforo 1) it is impossible for us to change post authors like we could before due to the lack of a reliable add on. There is a workaround that involved moving an older post into a thread, but the current OP is older than UserKev UserKev 's account, so it is impossible to do.
Ouch, never knew about that limitation.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Cart Boy

Smash Rookie
Hey, all. I hope no one minds some self-promotion, but I wrote an article about Mimikyu so I figured a few here may be interested.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
My most wanted and reason for joining. Speculation wasn't the same once you were de-confirmed, my dude. I will post an ultimate farewell before your thread is locked.

I will repeat tho, at least you got INTO Smash with the already huge pool of Pokémon. Not how I wanted it but its a step in some way. Later, bud.

To all Mimikyu supporters, thank you.

Sorry how I had to go about it.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Is Mimikyu showing to be a main stay with Team Rocket? I'm asking whoever is up to date with the Pokémon Sun and Moon anime.

Decidueye is awesome.

D

Deleted member

Sure, count me in.
One of my friends would love to see more Pokémon reps (maybe he wants Gengar the most, but he’s also fine with any other Pokémon too).

UserKev

Smash Champion
Sure, count me in.
One of my friends would love to see more Pokémon reps (maybe he wants Gengar the most, but he’s also fine with any other Pokémon too).
Uh, sorry man. Mimikyu has been confirmed as a Pokeball summon awhile ago.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
There’s always the next game doh.
Nope. It's now or never to fix Gen VII representation. I pray to God that Sakurai found out about those stats that show Mimikyu and Lycanroc are more popular than Incineroar.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Nope. It's now or never to fix Gen VII representation. I pray to God that Sakurai found out about those stats that show Mimikyu and Lycanroc are more popular than Incineroar.
I think Mimikyu was denied also due to its unique portions. Sakurai has already stated to wanting a wrestler aesthetic.
probably just til the end of the alola arc
I need a clear confirmation.

Top Bottom