• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mimikyu Just Wants Some Friends! Mimikyu for Smash 5!

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Oh heck yeah I want Mimikyu, it could have such interesting potential!

TempahRelapse

Smash Journeyman
But, it HAS been represented in Brawl via Pokémon Trainer and, with the 3 original starters of the entire franchise. It doesn't need to happen again. That's bogus.
No it doesn't HAVE to happen. What I'm saying, is why it may happen. Two pokemon from one generation may
have been too much for Smash Wii U. So hypothetically Sakurai may want to complete the three starter types in the Switch version. I wouldn't call the theory complete bogus, nor would I call it fact.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
So many People are so sure of Decidueye, yeah like how Zoroark was a "shoo-in" for Wii U/3DS?
It kinda makes me expect Mimikyu more

Cynthwave

Smash Rookie
So many People are so sure of Decidueye, yeah like how Zoroark was a "shoo-in" for Wii U/3DS?
Yeah its just like how no one expecting Greninja was exactly how he got in, Sakurai notices trends but deliberately goes against them

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Anyone who thought Zoroark was a shoo-in for Smash 4 was delusional, given that XY already came out and Zoroark faded fast in popularity despite GameFreak's attempt to push him as the next Lucario.

Mimikyu I would say has equal chances to Decidueye. It depends on what Sakurai is looking for.

Yeah its just like how no one expecting Greninja was exactly how he got in, Sakurai notices trends but deliberately goes against them
Greninja wasn't picked because of "deliberately going against trends" (which isn't something I think Sakurai does very often). He was picked because he was one of few XY Pokemon with a finished design when he was picking Smash 4 characters (May 2012), and his ninja design appealed to him the most.

Last edited:

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
I'd like Mimikyu in Smash, rather than just getting a starter. Really interesting Poke and the moveset posted on the front page sounds really cool.

Cynthwave

Smash Rookie
I'm not saying Sakurai himself doesn't go against trends, I'm saying the nature of character choice always goes against what the fanbase predicts. As soon as we think we know what he's thinking, he surprises us again. It's not a deliberate thing, more just how the world is sometimes

Staarih

Smash Master
Having recently arrived from Japan, I can assure Mimikyu is high in demand when it comes to merchandise at least. The official Pokémon Stores I visited had shelves dedicated to Mimikyu-related merchandise only and I heard many of the kids shouting out its name, probably wanting a plushie or something. Although marketing isn't the main thing when it comes to Smash, it does tell that Mimikyu has major popularity (though everyone knows that already haha).

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I tend to justify the grass starter pokemon rep theory not as fact but a valid opinion. Sakurai wants to represent all franchises in smash properly, and really water, fire and grass are the three significant types. Therefor I could see Sakurai prioritising a grass type as the new pokemon rep or having pokemon trainer return (as he represents the three types). Just my opinion
I mean, if Sakurai truly cared about representing the starter trio properly, wouldn't you think he would have done so for Smash 4 already? He had opportunities to include someone like Sceptile during the DLC period but he didn't.

I think the whole Starter trio thing was only really relevant for the Pokemon Trainer during Brawl because one of his mechanics revolved around that. Charizard and Greninja made it in due to unrelated circumstances. Charizard because he's Charizard and removing him along with Squirtle and Ivysaur would have resulted into a heavy backlash and Greninja because he was suggested to include a Pokemon from X and Y and was given some concept art of some of the then new pokemon for him to choose from.

If he where to include Decidueye, it would be due to its own merits and what it can bring to the table, not because Its there to fill in some starter/type quota.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Mimikyu I would say has equal chances to Decidueye. It depends on what Sakurai is looking for.
By this point, I want Decidueye in just for its fans. The Green Arrow and Robin Hood aspect behind it is cool to, which are badass characters. I won't deny that. I'm probably one of the few who can actually see both Mimikyu and Decidueye in Smash 5.

StormC

Smash Hero
By this point, I want Decidueye in just for its fans. The Green Arrow and Robin Hood aspect behind it is cool to, which are badass characters. I won't deny that. I'm probably one of the few who can actually see both Mimikyu and Decidueye in Smash 5.
Considering that gen 1 is the only Pokemon gen to get more than one Pokemon a game, I very much doubt we would get both.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Mimikyu's Disguise ability: Under 55 percent Mimikyu has Ghost Type versions of Pikachu's specials. These specials can act slightly different and are not as strong. Mimikyu also has Pikachu's taunts.

Over and at 55 percent, Mimikyu becomes busted and gets a new set of specials and taunts.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Mimikyu's Disguise ability: Under 55 percent Mimikyu has Ghost Type versions of Pikachu's specials. These specials can act slightly different and are not as strong. Mimikyu also has Pikachu's taunts.

Over and at 55 percent, Mimikyu becomes busted and gets a new set of specials and taunts.
nah that wouldnt really work

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Was looking up Mimikyu in response to another thread, and found this on the official Wikipedia (not like bulbapedia).

"Some fans have speculated that Mimikyu is the Pokémon Porygon in disguise, connecting the stress reaction said to occur when one sees Mimikyu's true form with the real-life epileptic seizures experienced by many viewers of a 1997 episode of the Pokémon anime, "Dennō Senshi Porygon"."

Has anyone heard this before lol? Seems a little too creepy pasta for me XD

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
Was looking up Mimikyu in response to another thread, and found this on the official Wikipedia (not like bulbapedia).

"Some fans have speculated that Mimikyu is the Pokémon Porygon in disguise, connecting the stress reaction said to occur when one sees Mimikyu's true form with the real-life epileptic seizures experienced by many viewers of a 1997 episode of the Pokémon anime, "Dennō Senshi Porygon"."

Has anyone heard this before lol? Seems a little too creepy pasta for me XD
I actually seen a Porygon under a Mimikyu cloak image. I wouldn't believe the theory though. Its just fans with literally nothing to do.

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't be surprised if we get a direct this month or next month be it Pokemon on Smash that we will see a Gen 7 Pokemon confirmation. Here's to hoping it'll be Mimikyu.

Put me on the list by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrysanthosVice

Smash Cadet
I saw this thread a bit back and I can't stop thinking about it! An up special might be difficult, but otherwise I feel like there's a very good chance of Mimikyu making it! Plus, little guy's just so cute! Support!

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
I could imagine Mimikyu's reveal trailer showing it getting jealous of attention (maybe from Peach and Zelda) or the action/glory which leads to it entering the fray to take Pikachu's spot.

I understand people's appeal for archer owl Decidueye, but Mimikyu was overall more successful and made a larger impact. And Deicidueye already got his fame in Pokken, so it's time for Mimikyu to step up.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I could imagine Mimikyu's reveal trailer showing it getting jealous of attention (maybe from Peach and Zelda) or the action/glory which leads to it entering the fray to take Pikachu's spot.

I understand people's appeal for archer owl Decidueye, but Mimikyu was overall more successful and made a larger impact. And Deicidueye already got his fame in Pokken, so it's time for Mimikyu to step up.
We have Decidueye, Incineroar and Mimikyu as the actual 3 that are likely to be representing gen 7 in Smash. Lets be real. There's no other gen 7 Poke present in that competition. Its just them and I really feel like Mimikyu is the least checked as if he had his turn.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Ok, I had a dream Mimikyu was in Smash Switch. I showed his moveset to Sakurai and he liked it enough to where he literally took the Mimikyu plush away from me I had out of no where and put into his sudden roller crate that already had Smash characters in it. It was awesome, realistic and I felt my hype building that woke me up.

Mysteriously though, I can't remember if I saw the reveal first or last. Hahaha

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Mimikyu

Mimikyu is a weaker, slower version of Pikachu. Until he transforms.

Mechanics

Disguise: Mimikyu tries to replicate Pikachu's moves. However, when an attack makes Mimikyu's percentage hit or exceed 35%, all knockback from the attack is canceled. Mimikyu generates a circular pushback force and enters Busted Mode.

Busted Mode is Mimikyu in a ruined costume. The head droops to the size reducing the vertical size of the fighter. Transforms moves to reflect an angry fairy spirit no longer attempting to hide its supernatural identity. Stats (jumping, speed, dodges, ect.) are the same.

B Shadow Claw: Similar to Thunder Jolt. Shoots out purple electricity shaped like a ghastly hand. Instead of hugging the stage completely as it goes forward, the Shadow Claw disappears into the stage only to reappear slightly further ahead and arch back into the stage repeating the pattern. Deals more damage, but little hitstun.

Down B Hidden Power:
Mimikyu's eyes flash purple. Then a flash of purple electricity surrounds the imposter fairy knocking enemies away. A purple bolt with an outstretched ghosthand jolts upwards and disappears into a vortex. Reverse thunderbolt essentially.

Side B Skull Bash: Similar to Pichu's skull bash, the move can charge for longer than Pikachu's move. Tentacles are seen flowing out of the ragdoll disguise as a means of propulsion.

Up B Feint Attack: Similar to Pikachu's Quick Attack except it only does damage at the junction where the second direction is inputted. Purple waves of energy radiate outwards from Mimikyu at this point.

A: Thrusts puppet head forward for a headbutt. Good pushaway move. Does not continue by holding A.
Forward Tilt: Uses psychic abilities to levitate and swing entire body like a bat
Up Tilt: Swings big puppet head upwards similar to Pichu's Up Smash
Down Tilt: Hunkered down, spins in place whacking with its wooden tail

Dash: Lunges forward like a battering ram similar to Pikachu

Forward Smash: Similar to Pikachu, Mimikyu creates a ball of purple electricity in front of him
Up Smash: Using psychic abilities, rotates upside down in a full circle whacking with its wooden tail
Down Smash: Spins low in place, purple electricity crackling around body

Neutral Aerial: Aerial Somersault similar to Pikachu
Forward Aerial: Corkscrew attack similar to Pikachu. One hit, shorter duration.
Back Aerial: One backwards rotation while horizontal to the floor similar to Pikachu. One hit, shorter duration.
Up Aerial: Flip hitting with arching tail similar to Pikachu
Down Aerial: Turns upside down and spins. One hit opposed to Pikachu's multi-hits.

Throws
Grab:
Uses a pulse of psychic power (rings of energy in front of body) for a grab
Forward Throw: A pulse of purple electricity sends the enemy forwards. Same damage and knockback as Pikachu's throw
Back Throw: With psychic energy, rolls opponent backwards. Weaker than Pikachu's.
Up Throw: Same as Pikachu's
Down Throw: Same as Pikachu's

BUSTED FORM

Down B Play Rough (Ground): Leaps forward, its disguise billowing outwards. Can land on opponents. If this happens, The shape of the character can be seen being jerked around underneath the sheet. At the end they are popped upwards.

Play Rough (Air): Sheet billows open, a threatening black hole inside. If you overlay on a character, both will pause in the air as Mimikyu's spins around and shoots the character downwards.

Up B Trick Room: Mimikyu folds space like origami and disappears. Reappears in the chosen direction. Does not go as far as Zelda's and does less damage. However, the original warp point remains visualized as a wavering heat mirage or if used on the ground, a shifting floor. Any other person that touches it warps to the exit point of the last used Up B move. Mimikyu using this Up B again erases the last entry point and creates a new one.

B Pain Split: Mimikyu jumps backwards leaving behind a ghastly, fiery, purple image behind for several seconds or until a new one is made. An opponent going through receives damage and is cursed. For a set period of time, in any instance that the cursed character does damage to another, they will incur a portion of that damage.

Side B Shadow Claw: Raises a shadow claw before shooting out an extended arm for a long ranged attack. Can be aimed. Will grab a projectile it touches (this includes the Pain Split illusion), bringing it along as it goes toward its destination where the projectile will fizzle away if the attack misses an opponent or connect along with the attack.

Forward Smash Dazzling Gleam: A purple circle travels forward along the floor as you charge (could travel up and down ledges). When the Smash is released a light beam travels upwards (like Palutena's Up Smash, yet not nearly as high) to do good damage and vertical knockback.

Down Smash Astonish: Rises upwards as black tentacles ooze out of the disguise and twirl around for multiple hits.

Up Smash Shadow Ball: Creates a spinning horizontal portal above him as he charges. When released a Shadow Ball will be shot upwards. Size and power depends on length of charge.

Neutral Aerial: Creates a circular wave of dark energy. Does damage, but no hitstun or knockback.
Forward Aerial: Slashes forward with two shadow claws
Down Aerial: Shadows arms both swing downward towards each other in a slashing motion. Slight meteor where claws meet each other.
Back Aerial: Turns around quickly, eyes behind the cloth cutout glowing a bright purple to create a flash of light (similar to Mewtwo's Disable). Short range, good knockback
Up Aerial: Turns upside down and pauses briefly before a purple explosion of electricity occurs at the opening of the sheet

A: Creates a purple flash of light with eyes
Tilt: Brings both claws down slapping the floor
Down tilt: Quickly swings broken head forward to the floor on one side and then the other
Up Tilt: An arching overhead swipe with a claw

Dash: A ghastly aura emanates from Mimikyu before he lunges forward. A few armored frames during end of move.

Throws
Grabs:
Shadow arms come out for a grab
Attack: Purple energy pulses through arms for damage
Up Throw: Lifts opponent up and dunks them into the floor, which ripples as it devours the enemy. The enemy reappears from a portal at a set distance above Mimikyu
Forward Throw: Arms stretch, pushing the opponent harshly against the floor before ending in a shove
Back Throw: Mixes up its grapple, holding the enemy by the head and feet in a horizontal pose before jump roping over them as they are swung underneath and backwards
Down Throw: Slams the opponent on the floor, before swinging the opponent to the other side of its body for another floor slam which pops up the foe

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
Mimikyu

Mimikyu is a weaker, slower version of Pikachu. Until he transforms.

Mechanics

Disguise: Mimikyu tries to replicate Pikachu's moves. However, when an attack makes Mimikyu's percentage hit or exceed 35%, all knockback from the attack is canceled. Mimikyu generates a circular pushback force and enters Busted Mode.

Busted Mode is Mimikyu in a ruined costume. The head droops to the size reducing the vertical size of the fighter. Transforms moves to reflect an angry fairy spirit no longer attempting to hide its supernatural identity. Stats (jumping, speed, dodges, ect.) are the same.

B Shadow Claw: Similar to Thunder Jolt. Shoots out purple electricity shaped like a ghastly hand. Instead of hugging the stage completely as it goes forward, the Shadow Claw disappears into the stage only to reappear slightly further ahead and arch back into the stage repeating the pattern. Deals more damage, but little hitstun.

Down B Hidden Power:
Mimikyu's eyes flash purple. Then a flash of purple electricity surrounds the imposter fairy knocking enemies away. A purple bolt with an outstretched ghosthand jolts upwards and disappears into a vortex. Reverse thunderbolt essentially.

Side B Skull Bash: Similar to Pichu's skull bash, the move can charge for longer than Pikachu's move. Tentacles are seen flowing out of the ragdoll disguise as a means of propulsion.

Up B Feint Attack: Similar to Pikachu's Quick Attack except it only does damage at the junction where the second direction is inputted. Purple waves of energy radiate outwards from Mimikyu at this point.

A: Thrusts puppet head forward for a headbutt. Good pushaway move. Does not continue by holding A.
Forward Tilt: Uses psychic abilities to levitate and swing entire body like a bat
Up Tilt: Swings big puppet head upwards similar to Pichu's Up Smash
Down Tilt: Hunkered down, spins in place whacking with its wooden tail

Dash: Lunges forward like a battering ram similar to Pikachu

Forward Smash: Similar to Pikachu, Mimikyu creates a ball of purple electricity in front of him
Up Smash: Using psychic abilities, rotates upside down in a full circle whacking with its wooden tail
Down Smash: Spins low in place, purple electricity crackling around body

Neutral Aerial: Aerial Somersault similar to Pikachu
Forward Aerial: Corkscrew attack similar to Pikachu. One hit, shorter duration.
Back Aerial: One backwards rotation while horizontal to the floor similar to Pikachu. One hit, shorter duration.
Up Aerial: Flip hitting with arching tail similar to Pikachu
Down Aerial: Turns upside down and spins. One hit opposed to Pikachu's multi-hits.

Throws
Grab:
Uses a pulse of psychic power (rings of energy in front of body) for a grab
Forward Throw: A pulse of purple electricity sends the enemy forwards. Same damage and knockback as Pikachu's throw
Back Throw: With psychic energy, rolls opponent backwards. Weaker than Pikachu's.
Up Throw: Same as Pikachu's
Down Throw: Same as Pikachu's

BUSTED FORM

Down B Play Rough (Ground): Leaps forward, its disguise billowing outwards. Can land on opponents. If this happens, The shape of the character can be seen being jerked around underneath the sheet. At the end they are popped upwards.

Play Rough (Air): Sheet billows open, a threatening black hole inside. If you overlay on a character, both will pause in the air as Mimikyu's spins around and shoots the character downwards.

Up B Trick Room: Mimikyu folds space like origami and disappears. Reappears in the chosen direction. Does not go as far as Zelda's and does less damage. However, the original warp point remains visualized as a wavering heat mirage or if used on the ground, a shifting floor. Any other person that touches it warps to the exit point of the last used Up B move. Mimikyu using this Up B again erases the last entry point and creates a new one.

B Pain Split: Mimikyu jumps backwards leaving behind a ghastly, fiery, purple image behind for several seconds or until a new one is made. An opponent going through receives damage and is cursed. For a set period of time, in any instance that the cursed character does damage to another, they will incur a portion of that damage.

Side B Shadow Claw: Raises a shadow claw before shooting out an extended arm for a long ranged attack. Can be aimed. Will grab a projectile it touches (this includes the Pain Split illusion), bringing it along as it goes toward its destination where the projectile will fizzle away if the attack misses an opponent or connect along with the attack.

Forward Smash Dazzling Gleam: A purple circle travels forward along the floor as you charge (could travel up and down ledges). When the Smash is released a light beam travels upwards (like Palutena's Up Smash, yet not nearly as high) to do good damage and vertical knockback.

Down Smash Astonish: Rises upwards as black tentacles ooze out of the disguise and twirl around for multiple hits.

Up Smash Shadow Ball: Creates a spinning horizontal portal above him as he charges. When released a Shadow Ball will be shot upwards. Size and power depends on length of charge.

Neutral Aerial: Creates a circular wave of dark energy. Does damage, but no hitstun or knockback.
Forward Aerial: Slashes forward with two shadow claws
Down Aerial: Shadows arms both swing downward towards each other in a slashing motion. Slight meteor where claws meet each other.
Back Aerial: Turns around quickly, eyes behind the cloth cutout glowing a bright purple to create a flash of light (similar to Mewtwo's Disable). Short range, good knockback
Up Aerial: Turns upside down and pauses briefly before a purple explosion of electricity occurs at the opening of the sheet

A: Creates a purple flash of light with eyes
Tilt: Brings both claws down slapping the floor
Down tilt: Quickly swings broken head forward to the floor on one side and then the other
Up Tilt: An arching overhead swipe with a claw

Dash: A ghastly aura emanates from Mimikyu before he lunges forward. A few armored frames during end of move.

Throws
Grabs:
Shadow arms come out for a grab
Attack: Purple energy pulses through arms for damage
Up Throw: Lifts opponent up and dunks them into the floor, which ripples as it devours the enemy. The enemy reappears from a portal at a set distance above Mimikyu
Forward Throw: Arms stretch, pushing the opponent harshly against the floor before ending in a shove
Back Throw: Mixes up its grapple, holding the enemy by the head and feet in a horizontal pose before jump roping over them as they are swung underneath and backwards
Down Throw: Slams the opponent on the floor, before swinging the opponent to the other side of its body for another floor slam which pops up the foe
I gotta critique this.

While.. its creative, the moves are unappealing. The majority of the moves are un-Smash like, forced and are described as if its moves are ripped from Pokémon XD Gale of Darkness, if not generally a regular Pokémon game. I was happy this thread got a new post, than the post became a frustrating read. I can't help but feel it being a diss to Mimikyu. 0/10.

It all started with users suggesting Mimikyu to literally copy Pikachu.

I really hope this isn't a trend.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I gotta critique this.

While.. its creative, the moves are unappealing. The majority of the moves are un-Smash like, forced and are described as if its moves are ripped from Pokémon XD Gale of Darkness, if not generally a regular Pokémon game. I was happy this thread got a new post, than the post became a frustrating read. I can't help but feel it being a diss to Mimikyu. 0/10.

It all started with users suggesting Mimikyu to literally copy Pikachu.

I really hope this isn't a trend.
Yeah I've gotta agree here, plus a moveset change at 35%?
Some characters can combo past that in no time

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I feel that Mimikyu should lean into its traits: Disguising itself as Pichu and ditching the act when its costume is ruined.

Otherwise, I don't feel like he is worth including if the actual main traits of the Pokemon are tossed aside.

35 percent was picked as a low threshold in order to ramp up his attacks in his busted form.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I feel that Mimikyu should lean into its traits: Disguising itself as Pichu and ditching the act when its costume is ruined.

Otherwise, I don't feel like he is worth including if the actual main traits of the Pokemon are tossed aside.

35 percent was picked as a low threshold in order to ramp up his attacks in his busted form.
Ah, your a cool guy but I feel like I lost brain cells reading that. Aren't you a Decidueye supporter anyway? You honestly always came off opposing Mimikyu to me. Its clear you have a certain dislike towards the character.

Don't waste your time on it.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Ah, your a cool guy but I feel like I lost brain cells reading that. Aren't you a Decidueye supporter anyway? You honestly always came off opposing Mimikyu to me. Its clear you have a certain dislike towards the character.

Don't waste your time on it.
You probably lost brain cells some other way.

I support Decidueye. I would not mind Mimikyu. He is a creepy character and I think if done right, he could be a cool Smash fighter.

A pokemon direct might be coming up, so I'm trying to make sure I have movesets based on possible pokemon contenders to see how wrong my predictions were.

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord

I appreciate the thought and effort put into your moveset, but I can't see Mimikyu being a stance user, especially not one that actually changes moves after the form is busted. Such a gimmick is more in line with a Pokemon like Darmanitan or Meloetta. I get what you're trying to go for, but Mimikyu usually only usually tries to mimic Pikachu by image only, though I can see it using various altered attack like up smash tail swing.
You second moveset is something I'd like to see though. A command grab with the sheet like Lets Snuggle Forever, Pain Split curse, and other vicious ghostly moves look like they'd fit Mimikyu well.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746

Mimikyu's main trait is that it isn't Pikachu. Thats the whole point. Mimikyu wants to be like Pikachu but it isn't. On top of that a Ghost/Fairy having alternate versions of an electric types kit doesn't make sense.

I just despise the idea that if Mimikyu gets in it'll be the Dr. Mario for Pikachu. I'd rather get Decidueye than for that to happen.

ChrysanthosVice

Smash Cadet
Personally, I'd do Mimikyu like this: Disguise would work as "Reduced damage until X%" X here being, I don't know, let's say 100. After that, it's more of an "All Bets Are Off" type of situation, where Mimikyu gets faster, but now takes regular damage. Discarding Disguise at a low threshold is a little incongruous. I mean, it's flimsy already, but Mimikyu's going to be a little hands-on, so maybe the disguise'll be more battle-ready.

I liked Feint Attack as the Up special, though perhaps it launches a bit at the junctures. Play Rough seems like it'd still be a command grab (Neutral special), but more of one where the animation is instead a large cloud, like the ones in old cartoons (the hitbox is the cloud). Perhaps the Down special should be Will o' Wisp, a sort of "trap" move that Mimikyu can set up to hinder approaches. Side special should be Double Team: a spectral copy is sent out, then return to Mimikyu, doing more damage at the endpoints. Shadow Claw, instead, could take the form of the regular grabs: an enormous spectral claw that comes out of Mimikyu's Disguise and crushes those it catches, then throws them out. It's also a tether grab.

Side Smash is a Wood Hammer using its "tail". Up Smash is sort of an "Astonish" situation, where it's the exclamation point (Not sure on this one, send critiques). Down Smash is a bunch of ghostly spikes jutting out of the ground - their purpose is more to stun the surrounding opponents, sort of like an electric shock, but with spectral energy.

Of course, Final Smash is "Let's Snuggle Forever", which is a cinematic.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Play Rough seems like it'd still be a command grab (Neutral special), but more of one where the animation is instead a large cloud, like the ones in old cartoons (the hitbox is the cloud).
Nah. Play Rough is too advanced to be a regular grab. It should work as Mimikyu's Forward B. Mimikyu speed levitates towards the foe, engaging the foe into multiple hits, ending with foe knockback.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Mimikyu's main trait is that it isn't Pikachu. Thats the whole point. Mimikyu wants to be like Pikachu but it isn't. On top of that a Ghost/Fairy having alternate versions of an electric types kit doesn't make sense.

I just despise the idea that if Mimikyu gets in it'll be the Dr. Mario for Pikachu. I'd rather get Decidueye than for that to happen.
Mimikyu can learn electric moves. Perhaps, as a way to further trick people into thinking that it is Pikachu.

Mimikyu's traits are pretending to be Pikachu and unleashing horrific fury when its charade is up.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Mimikyu can learn electric moves. Perhaps, as a way to further trick people into thinking that it is Pikachu.

Mimikyu's traits are pretending to be Pikachu and unleashing horrific fury when its charade is up.
Mimikyu can learn four electric moves one of which does not deal damage (5 if you wanna be that guy and include Hidden Power).

Anyway limiting Mimikyu to just another clone is a waste of potential and a character slot. Pass.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Mimikyu can learn four electric moves one of which does not deal damage (5 if you wanna be that guy and include Hidden Power).

Anyway limiting Mimikyu to just another clone is a waste of potential and a character slot. Pass.
Well, my idea doesn't limit Mimikyu to just another clone. He has a second moveset.

Very fine if you don't like my moveset idea, but do not misportray it.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Mimikyu should reference Pikachu to some extent, because that would be in character to how Mimikyu is desperately trying to be like it's idol.

UserKev

Smash Champion

Give Mimikyu electrical attacks in Smash and its ripped right from a Pokémon game. I really wish more people could see the creativity of Mimikyu like we do.

Mimikyu should reference Pikachu to some extent, because that would be in character to how Mimikyu is desperately trying to be like it's idol.
I wanna face palm so hard. Mimikyu, is WEARING A FREAKIN PIKACHU CLOTH. What more do you people want? I mean, Wood Hammer can reference Pikachu's Iron Tail if not completely.

Also, a version of it dislikes Pikachu and wants to steal its popularity.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I feel like the Pokeball and Assist Trophy argument needs to be added to the OP. The argument does make Mimikyu feel vulnerable as the impression I am getting from those supporters.

Mimikyu is look at as a Pokeball summon or assist trophy but, its an argument that can compete against almost any Pokémon that doesn't share a humanoid structure. Why should it be only Pokémon with humanoid structures that are workable?
This is an argument that doubts the imagination of Sakurai and what he's already done for characters with similar structures as to Mimikyu like Kirby or Ivysaur even. Until Mimikyu is possibly de-confirm, no assumption should be looked at as a disqualify to what Mimikyu could have up its sleeves.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I really don't see Mimikyu making the cut as a playable character. However, I do see it having potential as a Smash Run enemy. It would attack fighters with Shadow Claw, and you'd have to first damage the disguise before you can deal any actual damage. Its HP would be unusually high, but fighters can make Mimikyu flinch, and even grab it.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I really don't see Mimikyu making the cut as a playable character. However, I do see it having potential as a Smash Run enemy. It would attack fighters with Shadow Claw, and you'd have to first damage the disguise before you can deal any actual damage. Its HP would be unusually high, but fighters can make Mimikyu flinch, and even grab it.
What 7th gen Pokémon do you see making the cut? I won't go bias and go off of what I see in your signature.
Mimikyu is too mimicute for me to not support it!
Its also a butt kicker.

Top Bottom