• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mimikyu Just Wants Some Friends! Mimikyu for Smash 5!

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

Mimikyu is the Ghost/Fairy, Disguise Pokemon, and is a very unique take on the Pikachu-clone Pokemon archtype.

So why Mimikyu out of all the other Gen 7 Pokemon?
Mimikyu has easily had the most amount of promotion leading up to Pokemon Sun and Moon, along with the starters, going as far as to even get their own music video before the game was released, and Mimikyu continues to get a lot of promotion, through plushes and being Team Rocket's new Pokemon in the anime.

Mimikyu has also been received with a lot of popularity even since their reveal, arguably being the most popular Pokemon in Sun and Moon.

Wouldn't Mimikyu just be a clone of Pikachu?
While it's possible, it's extremely unlikely. Thanks to it's typing of Fairy/Ghost, Mimikyu doesn't even have the same typing of Pikachu, and can provide a lot of uniqueness in their moveset, as we don't have a Ghost type nor a Fairy type aside from Jigglypuff, who hasn't used any Fairy type moves in their moveset. Mimikyu could have a variety of moves in it's attacks, such as Shadow Claw, Shadow Sneak, Play Rough, Wood Hammer, and the Ghost Z-move "Never Ending Nightmare" as it's Final Smash

Mimikyu also comes with the unique ability of Disguise, which in-game allows the Pokemon to be able to take an attack without doing any damage to it, but thus after breaking the disguise. Sakurai could do a fair amount of unique things with this ability alone.

So if you want to see Mimikyu in Smash and want to show your support, go ahead and let me know, I'll be glad to add you to the supporters list!

Mimikyu Supporters!

Autumn ♫ Autumn ♫
Curious Villager Curious Villager
AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27
A Distant Demon A Distant Demon
Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen
Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan
Staarih Staarih
Diddy Kong Diddy Kong
fogbadge fogbadge
Ghirahilda Ghirahilda
LIQUID12A LIQUID12A
Russell_SSB Russell_SSB
TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom
smashkirby smashkirby
SvartWolf SvartWolf
D dimensionsword64
Luminario Luminario
Sabrewulf238 Sabrewulf238
G Gamester
UserKev UserKev
Hana Midorikawa Hana Midorikawa
Wolfie557 Wolfie557
@TipO'TheMorning
@TooBadWaluigiTime
Diddy Kong Diddy Kong
@Rasumii
@JomSpoons
@andimidna
@Fuzzy Pickles!
@ChrysanthosVice

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I was wondering when this thread would be made and whether or not I should make one if no one did.

I certainly find Mimikyu the most interesting gen 7 pokemon of the bunch and would love to see it become a playable character in Smash Switch.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I love Mimi so much as a Pokemon. Sure its evil and bend on blood in the anime, but it's still a unique Pokemon with a interesting quirk.

Just wonder how it's Disguise Ability will work in Smash.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I love Mimi so much as a Pokemon. Sure its evil and bend on blood in the anime, but it's still a unique Pokemon with a interesting quirk.

Just wonder how it's Disguise Ability will work in Smash.
I'm not entirely sure, but perhaps it could be similiar to Bowser, to where it doesn't take as much knockback, or maybe in Mimikyu's case, it could be that until it's hit with a strong attack, weaker attacks do less than normal damage on it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We already have the genuine article in Smash, why would we need the fake?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I would rather want Incineroar, but hey.

Mimikyu is a cute and cool. It would be our first Ghost Type or actually use some damn Fairy moves for once unlike Jigglypuff.

I support.

Staarih

Smash Master
I personally find Mimikyu as the most likely 7th gen addition if we get one. I also hope that's the case as I do love the little thing.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

I want this to happen, a Gen 7 Pokemon I actually support! Mimikyu, how could one NOT want it?! I want it in Smash just so I can learn what the thing exactly IS! Awesome Pokemon, awesome moveset potential, I support this!

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Greatest pokémon from gen 7! Most popular and unique too in my opinion!

So I will support him

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Seems to me personally(and after looking at every other Alola mon) like Mimikyu is one of the few Sun/Moon Pokemon with a legitimate shot.

I'm all for it.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
At first, I could not decide whether I wanted Decidueye or Mimikyu in Smash. I love both of them so much, easily my two favorite gen 7 pokemon.

But in the end, I realized that we could get both, and even if we did, I would rather have Mimikyu because its so goddamn adorable. Also its a better pokemon to battle with and I have bred perfect Mimikyus.

Add me to the supporters list plz.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Guys, I did a moveset for him that I have sent to the "Make your move 19", so I will post here. I have put A LOT OF LOVE ON it. I made the best that I could at the moment.

♥
♥~ MIMIKYU ~♥
♥

Mimikyu, the Disguise Pokémon. It's not wearing Pikachu's costume for fun. It's the thing that he hates the most. Pikachu was in Smash since SSB64, so this make Mimikyu's hatred grow even bigger and ready to release it on anyone that cross his path. It's not here to make friends.
♥~ NOT-SO-CUTE ATTRIBUTES~♥
Mimikyu is small and light. It have the same size as Olimar. His biggest advantage is his weight, being light as a feather, same as Rosalina
He is not fast on ground, having the same speed and dashing as Zelda.
However, his air movement is pretty unexpected. Having an Air Speed, Air acceleration and Air Friction at the same level of Wario, plus a decent falling speed and gravity. His jumps are average.
His attacks are stronger in terms of damage and knockback on the ground. Good grab game. He is hard to approach too. So we need to play rough here.

Mimikyu have a unique trait: his Disguise ability. This make him starting with a extreme defense that have 20% of stamina at the start of any battle. He cannot take damage and cannot be flinched until these 20% are given to him after the battle starts. It's just a small thing to give him some advantage. BUT he can still be grabbed and thrown. If he is hit by an attack that cause more than 20% it still not flinch until the Disguise wears off. A small blight occurs when the Disguise ability is off and will only return if Mimikyu loses a life.
♥
♥~ SPECIAL SPECIALS ~♥
♥
NEUTRAL

SHADOW BALL

His Shadow Ball works differently. His eyes will glow yellow, them a scarlet energy sphere will appear. It fly straight forward and moves very fast. It's not big in size, being half the size of its body on its maximum. Also, Pressing B one time doesn't make it start charging, you need to continuously press B to make the attack bigger and faster. He cannot cancel and save the charged Shadow Ball. Pressing B just one time and waiting 1.5 second makes him release a very small and slow version, that can come in handy when trying to approach opponents. Uncharged can deal around 10% damage, while charged at maximum can do 20% and a VERY high knockback for a small projectile.

SIDE SPECIAL
AFTER YOU

A chargeable reflector. Pressing B will make him swing his fake tail, reflecting any attack or item back at the same power and speed. Holding B after 2 seconds will make his tail glow blue, and releasing B will make it swing it. If it hits something while charged, it will sent it back with the double of the power and speed. In physical terms, this attack have a short range. Uncharged can deal around 7%. The chargeable one is strong with a decent knockback and having a semi-spike angle, dealing around 15% of damage. Also, using it in air will make Mimikyu stops briefly before starting to fall again, and charging it will make him move slightly forward upon unleashing it.

DOWN SPECIAL
ASTONISH

Mimikyu will glow with a ghostly aura. After that, you can choose the direction that he will dash. It can go up, down if on the air, straight forward or back, having only four options. It will move 5x his body size, moving fast as a dashing Sonic making an average range. It will stop after hitting someone or something. If he hits an opponent on the ground, it will make it dizzy, also giving some small amount of damage (6%). In the air it just flinch, but you can start attacking after the attack connects, making good combo opportunities. Don't miss this attack, it have a lag that leaves you punishable. Also, in air it gives you a flight momentum. Can be used for recovery too!
UP SPECIAL
FAIRY WIND
Mimikyu will start flying in a moon shaped angle, first going straight forward and ending it going straight up. It's fast! Comparable to Rosalina's Launch Star in speed and distance travelled, however he will stops when reaching his limit. It leaves a dust like effect behind him. This dust will slowly falls down and it can hurt opponents that makes contact with it. The dust can cause 2% per hit. If it hits somebody while he is flying, it will carry on opponents with him until he reaches the maximum point of the attack, giving some good damage (13-15%) and a little of knockback. It haves a very good flight distance, making it a very good recovery move.

♥
♥~ FUN ON GROUND ~♥
♥
NEUTRAL COMBO
Mimikyu will swing its tail forth, back, and on the third attack it will glow blue and he will swing it so fast that this can multihit 10x opponents before launching them forward with a more powerfull swing. Fast and good range when the tail is glowing with the ghost aura. It can also hit above if close enough. Does not have much knockback. First two hits does 2% damage each, while his multihit can deal 1% per hit, making a total of 14% if all attacks connects

SIDE ATTACK COMBO
One of his shadowy hand will come out and slaps to three times if pressing A. The third hit lift opponents up (but not straight up). Surprisingly great knockback for a side attack. Can deal a total of almost 12%.

DOWN ATTACK
Swing his glowing tail down, sending opponents on a semi spike angle. Gives a whopping 13% of damage. Good for edgeguarding. It's not much an attack for combos.

UP ATTACK
Think on Pikachu's Neutral Attack that is a straight headbutt. Here is the same thing, but Mimikyu will headbutts straight up with it glowing eyes. It comes really fast and hack good damage if you can catch the opponent near the body, so keep hitting them. it haves a set knockback, it's made for comboing. Each hit cause 2%. It's possible to hack up 24% damage here. Even better against heavy weights and bigger characters.

DASH ATTACK
Mimikyu will do a headbutt while his body glows in his hatred ghostly aura. Haves a good knockback and deals 11% of damage.

FOWARD SMASH
One of Mimikyu's hands come out slowly before moving REALLY FAST forward while his eyes glow yellow. It have a great range, more range than more of the swordsman in the game, and is Mimikyu's strongest attack in terms of knockback. It pauses the opponent in place for a second dramatically. Can deal 11% uncharged and deal 17% charged. Have fear for this attack. Charged it can kill around 55% on medium weights characters.

DOWN SMASH
Mimikyu will glow with his ghostly aura, and then this aura will come down his body, unleashing a blue burst under his disguise around him. It will do the same amount of damage and knockback on both sides, dealing almost 20% fully charged, making this his strong Smash in terms of damage. It's have some weirdness attached to it, because if the opponent is hit on the left side, it will blast to the right, while getting on the right will blast to the left. Also, a hibox right under Mimikyu will send the opponent to the ground like a ball, making it fly straight up. Hard to hit with this hitbox. It's possible to meteor smash, so it's easier to hit with this on platforms. It deal the same amount of damage as the side hitboxes.

UP SMASH
Both of his hands will come out in front of him while his eyes glows yellow, then with will scratch upwards, making his body twist 360 degrees in the process. Can deal up to 16% charged. It's have a good knockback, but not strong as his forward one. The angle the opponent is sent depends on the position it is hit. In front of him, the opponent will go almost straight up but a little forward. Near his disguise's face will sent them straight up, above it will sent them up but a slightly back. if a little behind Mimikyu the opponent will moves back greatly.
♥

♥~ SWEET AERIALS ~♥

♥
NEUTRAL
His eye will glow yellow while his body will burst in his blue ghostly aura. Can deal 7% and can send opponents backwards or forward depending of the hitbox that connects. Have an average knockback but it's good since it covers his entire body.

FORWARD
His eyes will show a sparkly light foward. It comes out fast. Have a good range and can deal 6%. It does have a poor knockback, but it can hit twice it it connects properly. It also doesn't give much lag when landing. It is Baby-Doll Eyes actually.
BACK
His tail will hit 8 times in a row very quickly. It have heart effects around it. Each hit deals 1% and last hit haves a decent knockback that can kill around 100% near ledges. His best aerial in terms of knockback.
DOWN
Both of his shadowy hands will start scratching downwards, scratching 5 times in total, each it dealing 2% of damage. Hits can connect each other easily. Last hit is a meteor smash.
UP
Headbutts up with his disguise. His second strongest aerial in terms of knockback, but deals only 6-7% of damage. It's good since some of his attacks on ground lift up
opponents.
♥

♥~ CREEPY GRABS ~♥

♥
Mimikyu's grabs consists of him putting his two shadowy hands out to try to hold opponents. It's have a surprisingly good range since his hands aren't common ones. But it's a little laggy, so beware.
PUMMEL
While holding the opponent Mimikyu will burst his hatred ghostly aura forwards, dealing 3% per hit with an average speed attack.

FORWARD THROW
Mimikyu will create a small shadow ball and will shot at the opponent. Have a goodt knockback and can deal 10% damage.

BACK THROW
Mimikyu will play rough before putting his opponent on his back and swinging his tail glowing in ghostly aura. Is his strongest throw in terms of knockback, can kill medium weights at around 90% near edges.
DOWN THROW
Mimikyu will put his opponent under him and will start bitting it four times, then the opponents is sent upwards slightly in front of him. Deals 12% total (creepy).

UP THROW
Mimikyu does an uppercut punch with his shadow hand, sending opponents straight up. Deals 9% of damage and an average knockback, starting to kill medium weights at 140%.

♥

♥~ FINAL SMASH ~♥

♥
UNDISGUISE
Mimikyu will burst his hatred aura around 4 times the size of his body in all directions. Anyone caught on this will suffer a cutscene of undecryptable terror.
They will all be sent to a darkroom where they will see Mimikyu leaving his Disguise empty, and when they look back, they will see such a giant mass of malice with two glowing eye rushing towards them. After this cutscene ends, characters on the ground will have taken 40% damage and will be dizzed. while in the air they will be sent flying with the force of Mimikyu's forward smash. Also, anybody that reaches 100% or above will suffer from faint (the body will be lying on the ground like it was reached a 0 HP) leaving Mimikyu to kill it freely. So creepy, so playful.

I HOPE EVERYBODY HAD FUN READING IT

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
normally i would say no to more pikachu rip offs... but i love mimikyu too much to say no :c
certainly my number one pick for adorable pokemons and tied with decidueye for my pick for an alola pokemon.

Plus, as a ghost pokemon trainer, this things is invaluable to ghost monotypes :3

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I know they don't have ANYTHING in common, "Type-wise", but Mimikyu MIGHT have beaten out (if not TIED with) Pichu as my adorable PKMN pick.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Guys, I did a moveset for him that I have sent to the "Make your move 19", so I will post here. I have put A LOT OF LOVE ON it. I made the best that I could at the moment.

♥
♥~ MIMIKYU ~♥
♥

Mimikyu, the Disguise Pokémon. It's not wearing Pikachu's costume for fun. It's the thing that he hates the most. Pikachu was in Smash since SSB64, so this make Mimikyu's hatred grow even bigger and ready to release it on anyone that cross his path. It's not here to make friends.
♥~ NOT-SO-CUTE ATTRIBUTES~♥
Mimikyu is small and light. It have the same size as Olimar. His biggest advantage is his weight, being light as a feather, same as Rosalina
He is not fast on ground, having the same speed and dashing as Zelda.
However, his air movement is pretty unexpected. Having an Air Speed, Air acceleration and Air Friction at the same level of Wario, plus a decent falling speed and gravity. His jumps are average.
His attacks are stronger in terms of damage and knockback on the ground. Good grab game. He is hard to approach too. So we need to play rough here.

Mimikyu have a unique trait: his Disguise ability. This make him starting with a extreme defense that have 20% of stamina at the start of any battle. He cannot take damage and cannot be flinched until these 20% are given to him after the battle starts. It's just a small thing to give him some advantage. BUT he can still be grabbed and thrown. If he is hit by an attack that cause more than 20% it still not flinch until the Disguise wears off. A small blight occurs when the Disguise ability is off and will only return if Mimikyu loses a life.
♥
♥~ SPECIAL SPECIALS ~♥
♥
NEUTRAL
SHADOW BALL

His Shadow Ball works differently. His eyes will glow yellow, them a scarlet energy sphere will appear. It fly straight forward and moves very fast. It's not big in size, being half the size of its body on its maximum. Also, Pressing B one time doesn't make it start charging, you need to continuously press B to make the attack bigger and faster. He cannot cancel and save the charged Shadow Ball. Pressing B just one time and waiting 1.5 second makes him release a very small and slow version, that can come in handy when trying to approach opponents. Uncharged can deal around 10% damage, while charged at maximum can do 20% and a VERY high knockback for a small projectile.

SIDE SPECIAL
AFTER YOU

A chargeable reflector. Pressing B will make him swing his fake tail, reflecting any attack or item back at the same power and speed. Holding B after 2 seconds will make his tail glow blue, and releasing B will make it swing it. If it hits something while charged, it will sent it back with the double of the power and speed. In physical terms, this attack have a short range. Uncharged can deal around 7%. The chargeable one is strong with a decent knockback and having a semi-spike angle, dealing around 15% of damage. Also, using it in air will make Mimikyu stops briefly before starting to fall again, and charging it will make him move slightly forward upon unleashing it.

DOWN SPECIAL
ASTONISH

Mimikyu will glow with a ghostly aura. After that, you can choose the direction that he will dash. It can go up, down if on the air, straight forward or back, having only four options. It will move 5x his body size, moving fast as a dashing Sonic making an average range. It will stop after hitting someone or something. If he hits an opponent on the ground, it will make it dizzy, also giving some small amount of damage (6%). In the air it just flinch, but you can start attacking after the attack connects, making good combo opportunities. Don't miss this attack, it have a lag that leaves you punishable. Also, in air it gives you a flight momentum. Can be used for recovery too!
UP SPECIAL
FAIRY WIND
Mimikyu will start flying in a moon shaped angle, first going straight forward and ending it going straight up. It's fast! Comparable to Rosalina's Launch Star in speed and distance travelled, however he will stops when reaching his limit. It leaves a dust like effect behind him. This dust will slowly falls down and it can hurt opponents that makes contact with it. The dust can cause 2% per hit. If it hits somebody while he is flying, it will carry on opponents with him until he reaches the maximum point of the attack, giving some good damage (13-15%) and a little of knockback. It haves a very good flight distance, making it a very good recovery move.

♥
♥~ FUN ON GROUND ~♥
♥
NEUTRAL COMBO
Mimikyu will swing its tail forth, back, and on the third attack it will glow blue and he will swing it so fast that this can multihit 10x opponents before launching them forward with a more powerfull swing. Fast and good range when the tail is glowing with the ghost aura. It can also hit above if close enough. Does not have much knockback. First two hits does 2% damage each, while his multihit can deal 1% per hit, making a total of 14% if all attacks connects

SIDE ATTACK COMBO
One of his shadowy hand will come out and slaps to three times if pressing A. The third hit lift opponents up (but not straight up). Surprisingly great knockback for a side attack. Can deal a total of almost 12%.

DOWN ATTACK
Swing his glowing tail down, sending opponents on a semi spike angle. Gives a whopping 13% of damage. Good for edgeguarding. It's not much an attack for combos.

UP ATTACK
Think on Pikachu's Neutral Attack that is a straight headbutt. Here is the same thing, but Mimikyu will headbutts straight up with it glowing eyes. It comes really fast and hack good damage if you can catch the opponent near the body, so keep hitting them. it haves a set knockback, it's made for comboing. Each hit cause 2%. It's possible to hack up 24% damage here. Even better against heavy weights and bigger characters.

DASH ATTACK
Mimikyu will do a headbutt while his body glows in his hatred ghostly aura. Haves a good knockback and deals 11% of damage.

FOWARD SMASH
One of Mimikyu's hands come out slowly before moving REALLY FAST forward while his eyes glow yellow. It have a great range, more range than more of the swordsman in the game, and is Mimikyu's strongest attack in terms of knockback. It pauses the opponent in place for a second dramatically. Can deal 11% uncharged and deal 17% charged. Have fear for this attack. Charged it can kill around 55% on medium weights characters.

DOWN SMASH
Mimikyu will glow with his ghostly aura, and then this aura will come down his body, unleashing a blue burst under his disguise around him. It will do the same amount of damage and knockback on both sides, dealing almost 20% fully charged, making this his strong Smash in terms of damage. It's have some weirdness attached to it, because if the opponent is hit on the left side, it will blast to the right, while getting on the right will blast to the left. Also, a hibox right under Mimikyu will send the opponent to the ground like a ball, making it fly straight up. Hard to hit with this hitbox. It's possible to meteor smash, so it's easier to hit with this on platforms. It deal the same amount of damage as the side hitboxes.

UP SMASH
Both of his hands will come out in front of him while his eyes glows yellow, then with will scratch upwards, making his body twist 360 degrees in the process. Can deal up to 16% charged. It's have a good knockback, but not strong as his forward one. The angle the opponent is sent depends on the position it is hit. In front of him, the opponent will go almost straight up but a little forward. Near his disguise's face will sent them straight up, above it will sent them up but a slightly back. if a little behind Mimikyu the opponent will moves back greatly.
♥

♥~ SWEET AERIALS ~♥

♥
NEUTRAL
His eye will glow yellow while his body will burst in his blue ghostly aura. Can deal 7% and can send opponents backwards or forward depending of the hitbox that connects. Have an average knockback but it's good since it covers his entire body.

FORWARD
His eyes will show a sparkly light foward. It comes out fast. Have a good range and can deal 6%. It does have a poor knockback, but it can hit twice it it connects properly. It also doesn't give much lag when landing. It is Baby-Doll Eyes actually.
BACK
His tail will hit 8 times in a row very quickly. It have heart effects around it. Each hit deals 1% and last hit haves a decent knockback that can kill around 100% near ledges. His best aerial in terms of knockback.
DOWN
Both of his shadowy hands will start scratching downwards, scratching 5 times in total, each it dealing 2% of damage. Hits can connect each other easily. Last hit is a meteor smash.
UP
Headbutts up with his disguise. His second strongest aerial in terms of knockback, but deals only 6-7% of damage. It's good since some of his attacks on ground lift up
opponents.
♥

♥~ CREEPY GRABS ~♥

♥
Mimikyu's grabs consists of him putting his two shadowy hands out to try to hold opponents. It's have a surprisingly good range since his hands aren't common ones. But it's a little laggy, so beware.
PUMMEL
While holding the opponent Mimikyu will burst his hatred ghostly aura forwards, dealing 3% per hit with an average speed attack.

FORWARD THROW
Mimikyu will create a small shadow ball and will shot at the opponent. Have a goodt knockback and can deal 10% damage.

BACK THROW
Mimikyu will play rough before putting his opponent on his back and swinging his tail glowing in ghostly aura. Is his strongest throw in terms of knockback, can kill medium weights at around 90% near edges.
DOWN THROW
Mimikyu will put his opponent under him and will start bitting it four times, then the opponents is sent upwards slightly in front of him. Deals 12% total (creepy).

UP THROW
Mimikyu does an uppercut punch with his shadow hand, sending opponents straight up. Deals 9% of damage and an average knockback, starting to kill medium weights at 140%.

♥

♥~ FINAL SMASH ~♥

♥
UNDISGUISE
Mimikyu will burst his hatred aura around 4 times the size of his body in all directions. Anyone caught on this will suffer a cutscene of undecryptable terror.
They will all be sent to a darkroom where they will see Mimikyu leaving his Disguise empty, and when they look back, they will see such a giant mass of malice with two glowing eye rushing towards them. After this cutscene ends, characters on the ground will have taken 40% damage and will be dizzed. while in the air they will be sent flying with the force of Mimikyu's forward smash. Also, anybody that reaches 100% or above will suffer from faint (the body will be lying on the ground like it was reached a 0 HP) leaving Mimikyu to kill it freely. So creepy, so playful.

I HOPE EVERYBODY HAD FUN READING IT
Love the moveset a lot mate. So full of character and fitting to Mimi's style.

You even included the best part near the end. Funny and creepy at the same tpoint me.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Mimikyu's been my favorite of the gen 7 Pokemon ever since it was revealed. It's so adorable, yet powerful, and it's also two of my three favorite types. They could incorporate the Disguise ability by doing something like this. It's hitbox would be divided into its body and its head. It would take damage no matter where you hit it, but it would only take knockback if you hit its body. That would cause your opponents to rely more on moves that go near the ground.

I support!

Luminario

Smash Lord
My most wanted out of the likely and popular gen 7 pokemon.
I'd say Disguise would most likely be a counter, due to how it works in game (body an attack for a free turn). They could then give it a cooldown where it couldn't be used for like 15 seconds and has the head fall limply behind Mimikyu, making its hitbox shorter but wider at the back. Between Wood Hammer, Play Rough, Astonish, Feint Attack, and a vast number of other moves including Z moves, Mimikyu has great potential. It would also make sense due to its connection to Pikachu, essentially being his antagonist.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'll throw down some support for Mimikyu.

While I'm not super desperate for another Pokemon rep, if we do get one I'd like it to be either Mimikyu or Decidueye. (or Drampa but that's probably the actual definition of a pipe dream :p)

Last edited:

Gamester

Smash Rookie
I super support this Mimikyu has a ton of interesting potential. Most interesting gen 7 mon from a personality standpoint for sure.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Time for me to show the little guy some love!
Jab: slashes with it's shadowy claw a single time
Ftilt: Swings the fake tail to quickly bat the enemy
Utilt: bobbles the fake head, hitting anyone foolish enough to be too close
Dtilt: Mimikyu's shadow extends similarly to Shadow Sneak's animation in the pokemon games shortly. Trips opponents up fairly easily
Dash Attack: Mimikyu's eyes glow before tackling the enemy
Usmash: releases it's claw to lash out overhead
Fsmash: Grabs it's fake tail and swings violently at a horizontal angle
Dsmash: Shadows emit from underneath Mimkyu, dealing out multihits
Nair: Bobbles head
Fair: headbutts the enemy
Bair: Slashes with claw 3 times
Dair: whacks the tail straight underneath Mimikyu
Fthrow: Swings head to knock the foe away
Bthrow: Gently grabs the foe and violenty swings them backwards
Uthrow: Gets swung around a little before being tossed straight up
Dthrow: Shoves enemy under the disguise, horrifying them so effectively they take damage
B: Disguise: Mimikyu fixes up it's disguise (it got broken when entering the field!) and effectively ignores a single hit. The more times a disguise is fixed up on the same stock, the longer it takes to fix it up
Side B: Frustration. Mimikyu flings itself forward while slashing around relentlessly. Can't be cancelled unless hitting the ground or a ledge
Up B: Play Rough: Mimikyu leaps up into the sky. It's a very risky move as if it connects with an enemy, Mimikyu attacks it, leaving a cartoony cloud while slowly dragging them down before jumping uo again. The jump at the end is done in a helpless state
Down B: Astonish: Violently shakes and if an enemy is slightly away from Mimikyu, it gets knocked back and takes minimum damage. However, it's a VERY powerful shieldbreaker

Final Smash: Never Ending Nightmare: Mimikyu takes off it's disguise which shocks everyone in front of Mimikyu's line of sight. The screen then darkens before multiple shadowy hands lash at the camera before an extra larg hand forms and lunges at the camera, launching everyone who was caught by shock
Taunt 1: Eyes glow before the dummy head comically droops, whacking Mimkyu in the face
Taunt 2: Claw pops out, dusting the head and tail off
Taunt 3: Shakes around before dropping a Ghostium Z, then quickly hides it back

UserKev

Smash Champion
People don't realize how badass and interesting Mimikyu would be in Smash. I'd have a fast pace play style that would literally echo Melee.

Actually, I could it as one of the reasons Sakurai would consider a new Smash. I can imagine him having his eye on it and quote "Damn. I'd better send that Smash potential little monster an invitation."

Hana Midorikawa

Anti-Pessimist
I support Mimikyu. It's extremely popular, has a recurring role in the anime, and is based off of the mascot of Pokémon himself. It's perfect for Smash.

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
Team Rocket has a chance to bring in not one, but two Pokemon into Smash Switch it seems.

Jessie caught a Mimikyu early on in the SM anime, and it is this specimen I'd want in the game (much as it is Ash's Pikachu and (since SSB4) Charizard. M1 Mewtwo, M8 Lucario and the Jigglypuff that stalked Ash and friends for years that are all in Smash)

UserKev

Smash Champion
Team Rocket has a chance to bring in not one, but two Pokemon into Smash Switch it seems.
I don't see Team Rocket with more than one rep. Especially with how Mimikyu already covers it alone.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
it may take some inspiration from jessies mimikyu but it wont be there to represent the team rocket trio it will be there to represent pokemon as a whole

UserKev

Smash Champion
Does Jessie's Mimikyu do anything out of the ordinary anyway? From my limited knowledge it fights how you would expect Mimikyu to fight.
It doesn't need to. It just adds to that special charm like how the trainers of specific Pokémon are displayed on their cards in icons. I always view Pikachu as Ash's/Red's when I play Smash. Its even referenced in Smash 64's intro.

Its badass.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Does Jessie's Mimikyu do anything out of the ordinary anyway? From my limited knowledge it fights how you would expect Mimikyu to fight.
it hates pikachu which is pretty out of the ordinary for a mimikyu, but it fights the way you'd think it would

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
it hates pikachu which is pretty out of the ordinary for a mimikyu, but it fights the way you'd think it would
Its safe to assume every Mimikyu dislikes Pikachu. Just that, the rest are calmer, laid back with it while Team Rocket's chooses to carry out the will.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Its safe to assume every Mimikyu dislikes Pikachu. Just that, the rest are calmer, laid back with it while Team Rocket's chooses to carry out the will.
no so far only jeesie's mimikyu has been shown to hate pikachu all the others want to be like pikachu

UserKev

Smash Champion
no so far only jeesie's mimikyu has been shown to hate pikachu all the others want to be like pikachu
Well to point this out, that's the Mimikyu we need in Smash because his dislike for Pikachu would be noted in the description of his trophy and, he'd be a villain.

I could just imagine Mimikyu in Subspace Emissary, most likely siding with the eternal enemy. This should have been the case for some playable villains in Brawl. That would create more debt.

UserKev

Smash Champion
If we got both Meowth and Mimikyu, I'd consider the Pokemon roster really incredible. Granted, it's partially just because I really want Meowth playable.
I was against Meowth at one point but now I see he'd be legendary. Haha Smash could use more talkable characters.

His absence is one that's truly WTF now.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Its the best gen7 choice imo. **** the starters they can't compare to the fantastic design of this pokemon.

Would try really hard to main it. I don't use pikachu much but can see loving mimikyu.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Its the best gen7 choice imo. **** the starters they can't compare to the fantastic design of this pokemon.

Would try really hard to main it. I don't use pikachu much but can see loving mimikyu.
Not just that. I'd brilliantly cover that variety, a character with a ghost based move set. I'm so bored of fire type Pokémon, if not in general.

Top Bottom