• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Millerizer Mafia [Cancelled]

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Setup / Roles

1x Independent Millerizer
This is a Marker that turns their marks into Millers (affixed to the mark's prior role). At the beginning of each Day phase (referred to as "Dawn"), the millerizer can mark a player. That player is permanently marked and seen as "guilty" upon investigation.

If an attempt is made to millerize Godfather or someone who is already a Miller, the ability will fail and this will be relayed to the Millerizer.

Millerizer wins—and all other players lose—if they are alive and the only other players remaining in the game are Millers.

1x Mafia Capable Godfather
Appears as "not guilty" upon investigation, is immune to being millerized, and becomes a Mafia Hitman if there is no other Hitman in the same faction. Wins when their faction can no longer be eliminated and no other factions have achieved their win condition.

1x Mafia Hitman
Can and must choose a player to kill each night. Wins when their faction can no longer be eliminated and no other factions have achieved their win condition.

1x Town Cop Miller
Can choose a player to investigate at night and will receive a "guilty" or "not guilty" result. Hitman and Millers are seen as guilty. Millerizer, Godfather, and Universal Backups are seen as "not guilty." Wins when all non-town roles are removed from the game.

5x Universal Backups
Assumes the role of a power role the first time a Town PR with that name is eliminated. If there are any other living Universal Backups when a Town PR dies, one Universal Backup is randomly selected to assume the power role. Wins when all non-town roles are removed from the game.

Deadlines
Dawn: 12 hours
Day: 3-4 days
Night: 12 hours

Last edited:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Players

1. HeuryAlone
2. somitomi
3. bessie
4. Wam
5. Windward
6. Ganelon

Last edited:

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
/in
I've been itching to play another game after Spirited Away and this looks like an interesting setup. I have one question about it (for now anyway): May the millerizer mark mafia (other than the Godfather)?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
/in
I've been itching to play another game after Spirited Away and this looks like an interesting setup. I have one question about it (for now anyway): May the millerizer mark mafia (other than the Godfather)?
Yes, so if Hitman is marked, it becomes "Mafia Hitman Miller"

HeuryAlone

Smash Cadet
When godfather becomes a mafia hitman, are they still godfather as well or only mafia hitman?

Sabrar

Smash Ace
/replace

I'll be extremely busy with personal stuff for the next two months. Setup looks fun.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
1x Indepent Millerizer
Millerizer wins—and all other players lose—if they are alive and the only other players remaining in the game are Millers.
So the Millerizer cannot win if both Mafia are still alive because the Godfather won't ever be a Miller in that case. Is that a correct interpretation?

1x Mafia Capable Godfather
Appears as "not guilty" upon investigation, is immune to being millerized, and becomes a Mafia Hitman if there is no other Hitman in the same faction. Wins when they can no longer be eliminated and no other factions have achieved their win condition.
Can the Godfather win if they are dead?

1x Mafia Hitman
Can and must choose a player to kill each night. Wins when they can no longer be eliminated and no other factions have achieved their win condition.
Can the Hitman win if they are dead?

If the answer is "No" to either of the above, does that mean that Mafia members win separately and not as a team?

5x Universal Backups
Assumes the role of a power role the first time a PR with that name is eliminated. If there are any other living Universal Backups when a PR dies, one Universal Backup is randomly selected to assume the power role. Wins when all non-town roles are removed from the game.
I assume this only applies to Town PR-s? Just to be pedantic.

Are flips revealed?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
So the Millerizer cannot win if both Mafia are still alive because the Godfather won't ever be a Miller in that case. Is that a correct interpretation?
Correct.

Can the Godfather win if they are dead?
Can the Hitman win if they are dead?
Yes, changing the wording from "they" to "their faction."

I assume this only applies to Town PR-s? Just to be pedantic.
Correct, changing the wording from "PR" to "Town PR"

Are flips revealed?
Yes, I was debating between alignment only and alignment + role and settled on the former. Which direction would you take?

Pedantic is good, thank you. Please let me know if you can find anything else that could improve the integrity of the game. Being an open setup, I was hoping that pre-game could double up as a public review.

Last edited:

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
July is shaping up to be quite hectic for me so I think I will probably have to take a pass on this one. I may be able to replace later on if needed.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Yes, I was debating between alignment only and alignment + role and settled on the former. Which direction would you take?
Because of the Backup mechanic on both Town and Mafia side the setup will be the same no matter who dies so revealing roles would not have too much additional value (except in some edge cases). Revealing only alignment is perfectly fine.

Wam

Smash Ace
Does the backup get told results given to previous players to hold the power?

HeuryAlone

Smash Cadet
Will millerizer be notified if target fails to be marked (specifically the godfather). Seems like a tough setup for millerizer, especially if only alignments are revealed upon deaths. If millerizer doesn't know if they targeted the godfather, they have zero clue if all their targets are marked unless both mafia are dead.

HeuryAlone

Smash Cadet
So really what I'm trying to say is that revealing roles is most advantageous to the millerizer, which I'm ok with since the setup already seems weigh heavily against the millerizer.

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
July is shaping up to be quite hectic for me so I think I will probably have to take a pass on this one. I may be able to replace later on if needed.
Yeah, I'm in the same boat (heh). I'm gonna go canoeing twice, this weekend and then again on the 23rd (and two subsequent days). Might be V/LA for a while after that as well, I haven't yet worked out my plans

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Much of the player base seems to be fairly busy. It's probably going to be some time before this fills. See you guys in fall.

Does the backup get told results given to previous players to hold the power?
They do not.
Will millerizer be notified if target fails to be marked (specifically the godfather). Seems like a tough setup for millerizer, especially if only alignments are revealed upon deaths. If millerizer doesn't know if they targeted the godfather, they have zero clue if all their targets are marked unless both mafia are dead.
Confirming that they are informed if their mark fails.

Wam

Smash Ace
Realised I may have an issue with this and WWZ I'm not going to have internet access between the 8th of august and the 16th. osieorb18 osieorb18

Apologies for any issues and will drop out if that's the easiest option.

Last edited:
Top Bottom