• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mike Haggar's Final Fight! (Haggar for Smash Ultimate)

Manondork

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gamespeopleplay
3DS FC
1607-1414-7791
Switch FC
SW-5378-6419-6394
BRING HAGGAR TO SMASH!
220px-Haggar.png

「So...Who Exactly IS Haggar?」
Frankly, I find that you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who doesn't know who Haggar is. But, just in case you don't, here's a bit of a rundown of who he is. Mike Haggar is one of the three main playable characters of the Final Fight series, battling alongside Cody Travers and Guy in their fights against the Mad Gear Gang. He's actually the only one that has been playable throughout ALL Final Fight games, which goes to show just how important he is to the series! Originally a pro wrestler (and apparently also a "champion street fighter" even before that), Haggar soared high up in respect levels from the people of Metro City, which is the place where most all Final Fight games predominantly take place in. He was so popular, in fact, that he was actually elected mayor of Metro City, and he kept the position for a good while. But, at the end of the day, Cody Travers ended up cleaning his crime stained life thanks mainly to Haggar's belief in him, and he was chosen to be the mayor. Though things didn't end happily for Haggar, as, in the last Final Fight game, he isolated himself from most of Metro City since so many residents of it have straight up forgotten him. And, in terms of games, his buddies Cody and Guy got to move on to the Street Fighter franchise, while poor Haggar still has yet to be playable in a Street Fighter game. At least he's in Marvel V.S. Capcom...

「Why Should Haggar Be In Smash?」
While Final Fight isn't a big deal anymore, it was pretty popular back in the day, and it actually has quite the big history with Street Fighter (which, of course, gives it a bit more recognition). He would be the first character from a beat-'em-up game series to be in Super Smash Bros, which would be great for adding more diversity to the genres of video games represented in Smash. Speaking of diversity, his play style would bring some of that to the table, as he is a pro wrestler and we do have a lack of true heavyweights, which he would likely be. Speaking of play style...

「How Would Haggar Play?」
Well, we all know that Hagger would have to be a heavyweight (or at least a high midweight) to represent how he plays in Final Fight. Slow but very powerful, Haggar would NOT be someone you want to get hit by! But does he got the moves? ...The answer to that is yes. I got a WHOLE move set mapped out for him!

:GCA:: Haggar punches his opponent up to three times, then swings his arms down on them.
:GCR: / :GCL: + :GCA:: Haggar swings his arms around once in a circle, performing his Double Lariat move.
:GCU:+ :GCA:: Haggar swings both fists upwards to do his Violent Ax. This attacks opponents in the air and knocks grounded foes upwards.
:GCD:+ :GCA:: Haggar does a simple crouching punch right in front of him. Somewhat underwhelming, I know.
:GCX:/ :GCY: + :GCA:: Hagger gives a light kick directly in front of him. One of his few moves that come out very fast.
:GCR:+:GCX:/:GCY:+:GCA:: Hagger puts all his power into a crushingly powerful double-kick! Based on his Flying Kick move in Final Fight.
:GCL: +:GCX:/ :GCY: + :GCA:: Hagger slams his opponent with a metal pipe, referencing the pipe item you can grab and use in Final Fight.
:GCU: +:GCX:/ :GCY: + :GCA:: Hagger essentially just does the Violent Ax again, but in the air.
:GCD: +:GCX:/ :GCY: + :GCA:: Hagger slams both fists down on his opponent, knocking them down to the ground with sheer power.
:GCB:: Haggar grabs a large orange barrel. Press the button again to toss it. Has about as much range as a thrown crate.
:GCR:/:GCL:+ :GCB:: Haggar moves forwards a bit and gets in position to grab. If it hits, he performs his signature Piledriver move.
:GCD:+ :GCB:: Haggar stands in place and taunts. If his foe retaliates, Haggar fights back by throwing them behind him.
:GCU:+ :GCB:: Haggar rises high up into the air, then crashes down with a big fiery aura to harm anyone in the way.
:GCZ: + :GCA:
: Haggar pummels his opponent over and over again with strong punches to the gut.
:GCZ: + :GCR:
: Haggar slams his opponent's back directly onto his knee before throwing them forwards.
:GCZ: + :GCL:
: Haggar twirls around in a circle with his foe in his arms before tossing them behind.
:GCZ: + :GCU:
: Haggar smashes his opponent down into the ground, burrowing them.

「What Would Hagger's Stage Be?」
2570476fc2facc9514a9ec0cbaa938cb.png

The stage is based on Guy's stage from Street Fighter Alpha 2. You may be wondering why I haven't given Haggar his own stage...well, sadly, he doesn't really have a proper one, since he hasn't been playable in Street Fighter before. The stage is entirely flat, like Wii Fit Studio, so it's one of those dreaded run-off stages. The street features cameos from the likes of Cody Travers, Jessica Haggar, Mike Haggar himself (if he isn't being played), and even a few of the standard enemies from Final Fight! The stage serves as a sort of love letter to Final Fight, being full of references to the series. None more fitting for our boy.

「List of Supporters!」
Manondork Manondork
ninjahmos ninjahmos
Crap-Zapper Crap-Zapper
toonito toonito
lady_sky skipper lady_sky skipper
Sari Sari

Last edited:

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Count me in. I’d love to see Haggar get into Smash, with music from the Final Fight series. Both originals and new remixes. I’d love to hear a Smash remix of Metro City Slums by Manami Matsumae, and at least one Final Fight remix by Yoko Shimomura, because she was one of the composers of Final Fight 1. We should spread this thread around!

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Did not even know there were a thread for Haggar, but count me inn.
Capcom has tons of franchises they could pull from that would fit very well with Smash, but I think Final Fight's historical importance to the beat em up genre is something to admire. Not saying Haggar would be the first in line, but the impact Final Fight has had for gaming is not to be questioned.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Count me in. I’d love to see Haggar get into Smash, with music from the Final Fight series. Both originals and new remixes. I’d love to hear a Smash remix of Metro City Slums by Manami Matsumae, and at least one Final Fight remix by Yoko Shimomura, because she was one of the composers of Final Fight 1. We should spread this thread around!
This is probably similar to what I said before, but man, I’d love to see these songs get into Smash (Both originals and new remixes):
Opening Theme (Final Fight)
Metro City Slums (More specifically, a remix by Manami Matsumae)
Subway Theme
Sodom Theme
Andore Cage Fight Theme
Rolento Theme
Bay Area Theme
At least one Final Fight remix by Yoko Shimomura
and others...

Last edited:

HenryXLII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HenryXLII
3DS FC
3153-3904-2933
I am only in if F-Air is a respectable pipe with the capacity to spike people.

Last edited:

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
Put me on the list for Mike Haggar for Smash! I always loved the fact that he was a mayor who literally fought criminal gangs to save his city and his daughter Jessica.

Manondork

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gamespeopleplay
3DS FC
1607-1414-7791
Switch FC
SW-5378-6419-6394
Wow I've been really dead, sorry about that guys. I'll be sure to add those of you that asked for it onto the Supporters list.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
You can also add me to the support list. I've been growing a liking for Haggar especially after writing that big article. Outside of additional Street Fighter characters, Haggar is one of my most wanted Capcom characters.

Top Bottom