• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Maybe a reveal later in the day :p

There is also a rumor about a Nintendo direct this friday. Maybe the reveal will be moved to that date and afterwards be linked to the SSB anniversary. (you know like: "Did you know SSB is celebrating this week the 15th anniversary. Mr.Sakurai has prepared something special for the fans out there!)
That would be nice too. At least he mentionned the anniversary.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
wow nothing really, theres so many little things he could have shown other then nothing.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Not too surprised that nothing special was revealed today. Wasn't expecting it really.

Still, it's cool to see Rosalina in all her sparkling glory.

And hey, it's not midnight here in Japan. There could always be something else later. Highly doubtful though.

And you know, during Brawl we never got a single video save for the E3 trailer and Sonic. Now we get a fancy video for newcomers.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Seriously, Sakurai...? HE DIDN'T EVEN ACKNOWLEDGE IT! This man hates his fans and every time he starts seeming not so bad DOES SOMETHING TO PISS THE FANS OFF!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Seriously, Sakurai...? HE DIDN'T EVEN ACKNOWLEDGE IT! This man hates his fans and every time he starts seeming not so bad DOES SOMETHING TO PISS THE FANS OFF!
He DID acknowledge it

Sakurai

4 hours ago

Today is the 15th Anniversary of the launch of the first Super Smash Bros. There may be some players out there who played it on the Nintendo 64 as kids that have grown into adults.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Disappointing, but we got an attack name so it's something.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Oh well. At least he mentioned the anniversary.
Also, it's confirmed that tropical freeze literally has trophies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not complaining, because it looks wonderful, but they decided to bring back bramble type levels, but they didn't capture ANY of the difficulty or feeling in their bramble levels.

When I was a kid on DKC2, I literally FEARED getting a bramble level until I eventually figured them out good.

Took many lives to figure those things out

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm late, but I was right. Nothing special. He did acknowledge the anniversary though.

D

Deleted member

Haven't seen the anniversary acknowledgement, so I'm OK then.

There's still January 31st, Brawl's release date, so we might always expecting something, I guess.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Just as I expected, the butthurt is strong here...

You are disappointed because you set up yourselves for that. It's all cool to speculate, but when you become deluded with patterns and anniversaries and begin expecting unlikely things, this sort of situation is bound to happen.

If Sakurai wanted, he wouldn't even post pictures on Miiverse. Why does he need to do that? And it's not like this picture is bad. He revealed more information on the game, did he not?

peachy!

super princess
Well, at least we did not get Luigi's nose. We got a bit of info regarding Rosalina's play-style (albeit not new) and the official name for one of her attacks. AND, he did acknowledge Smash's anniversary.

Off topic: I just came across an old video on YouTube containing people's reactions to Megaman's reveal. I had a good laugh, and it reminded me of how hyped I am for this game!

http://youtu.be/MOqxe_-Ta1w

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Why doesn't he show us Wii Fit Trainer's other two specials? Are they that stupid?
Rosalina probably has the most versatile battle options among any fighter revealed so far, so I guess Sakurai just wants to cover some of her moves to give people a better understanding on how she'll work.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Rosalina's cool and all but I think everyone wants to know if ladders make a return. Thats going to be on the brawl anniversary. but seriously why not show Pit gliding or something? or not gliding?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rosalina's cool and all but I think everyone wants to know if ladders make a return. Thats going to be on the brawl anniversary. but seriously why not show Pit gliding or something? or not gliding?
That can always be done another time though, seeing as Pit is a veteran.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
Hahahahaha the funny thing is we never learn.

Never get your hopes up for a Miiverse picture. Ever.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I cant say Im disappointed,because Im not. I actually expected Sakurai to do just this: Show off a random pic. Of course, I can still wait for the afternoon, and something may go down, but I would doubt that too

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I cant say Im disappointed,because Im not. I actually expected Sakurai to do just this: Show off a random pic. Of course, I can still wait for the afternoon, and something may go down, but I would doubt that too
Unless a Nintendo Direct is coming, that probably won't be happening.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
What did ya'll expect? (-´~`-);

I don't know what they would have really shown for today, even if it would have made the pic of the day even more hype-inducing. Perhaps it's time we drop special things being bound to happen in "certain dates"... especially if we set up ourselves getting deceiving more times than we can count.

StreetPassWanter

Smash Apprentice
I understand that there was barely anything for the 15th anniversary, but that comment looked like it was pretty half-assed. I mean c'mon, "They're probably adults now'? I may seem like a hater, but wow that's a dumb statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom