• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
No swearing on Smashboards. Please understand.

[laughs]
You do realize that by doing that, you just made my post seem even more provocative and suggestive than it actually was, right? ¦D

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
The only thing this confirms is that Rosalina still looks beautiful

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Well unlike the rest of you, I have something else to fill in the rest of my 23 hours. Enjoy! ^^

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I love how people try to justify this... haha, I am way more angry than I should be. I wasn't even really expecting anything to be honest... but that picture has really made me salty.
Well, is Sakurai or yourself more to blame for your rage? This entire board is partially dedicated to speculating and idealizing a developing video game. Tying in franchises and upcoming releases that may or may not bring any sort of news.

Godsdammit, I need to get the **** off of Smashboard for now. Feels like something moved rather quick without me.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Well unlike the rest of you, I have something else to fill in the rest of my 23 hours. Enjoy! ^^
Great Waves think alike. I've got plenty of other stuff to do myself, so time to hop to it. =D

Morbi

Scavenger
Well, is Sakurai or yourself more to blame for your rage? This entire board is partially dedicated to speculating and idealizing a developing video game. Tying in franchises and upcoming releases that may or may not bring any sort of news.

Godsdammit, I need to get the **** off of Smashboard for now. Feels like something moved rather quick without me.
I should be angry at myself for being incompetent. I already know this; however, I am also sick of the Sakurai ****-riding. You can praise him if you want, I am just tired of it. There is no reason to even defend him as we shouldn't have been expecting something. This repugnant need to white-knight Sakurai because somebody is a little pissed that we got a half-assed quote after 15 years of dedication is what bothers me. Sorry, I shouldn't have taken it out on you. It is honestly pathetic.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You do realize that by doing that, you just made my post seem even more provocative and suggestive than it actually was, right? ¦D
Good thing what goes on in peoples' minds isn't our jurisdiction.

I'm giving this post a Yeah!
That's the kind of thing you can keep to yourself!

Can you believe the balls of this guy? Legendary... truly legendary. Of course he knows that most of us will be right back here tomorrow to do this all over again regardless of what is shown.
I doubt most people even knew it was the anniversary in the first place, so they're probably only as disappointed as on the average throwaway pic night.

Anyway, wasn't there supposed to be a direct-like vid in the morning?
Hmm?

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I'm the creator and director of the Smash Bros series. I'm updating my site and it's an anniversary of the series.

What should I do?
Post a pic of the characters posing on the new Final Destination stage?
Post a cute little whiteboard drawing I made of the already revealed characters with a birthday cake?
Or just put down irrelevant information that I already showed before?

Oh, and I'll add another message about the anniversary, so I assume it'll be okay.

----

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm the creator and director of the Smash Bros series. I'm updating my site and it's an anniversary of the series.

What should I do? Post a pic of the characters posing on the new Final Destination stage? Post a pic I drew of the already revealed characters with a birthday cake?
Or just put down irrelevant information that I already showed before?

Oh, and I'll add another message about the anniversary, so I assume it'll be okay.
Right? Like who didn't know about the Luma mechanic. Maybe if they showed off something like the star-bits? Or her ass? Whatever, man.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I should be angry at myself for being incompetent. I already know this; however, I am also sick of the Sakurai ****-riding. You can praise him if you want, I am just tired of it. There is no reason to even defend him as we shouldn't have been expecting something. This repugnant need to white-knight Sakurai because somebody is a little pissed that we got a half-***** quote after 15 years of dedication is what bothers me. Sorry, I shouldn't have taken it out on you. It is honestly pathetic.
Well, I don't really see myself as a white-knight for Sakurai in this case. I guess I'm just... indifferent.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't think this is a case of Sakurai needing to be white-knighted. Getting something to do with the anniversary would've been nice and could've happened, there was logic behind it... but it's not like there's an obligation to meet, it's not like there's a strong continual precedent of getting reveals on anniversaries with this being a shocking exception or anything.

It's not even like X/Y where the major games previously had all had a promotional tie-in so the expectation was there. I can see getting disappointed over the pic tonight, but mad? That would imply we were owed something simply because it was Smash's anniversary, as if we were wronged by only getting a passing mention. Seems entitled to me.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
It would've been nice to get something special toady. Buuuut y'all shouldn't have expected much. (aside from Rosalina's beauty) :p

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I don't think this is a case of Sakurai needing to be white-knighted. Getting something to do with the anniversary would've been nice and could've happened, there was logic behind it... but it's not like there's an obligation to meet, it's not like there's a strong continual precedent of getting reveals on anniversaries with this being a shocking exception or anything.

It's not even like X/Y where the major games previously had all had a promotional tie-in so the expectation was there. I can see getting disappointed over the pic tonight, but mad? That would imply we were owed something simply because it was Smash's anniversary, as if we were wronged by only getting a passing mention. Seems entitled to me.
This. I honestly wasn't even expecting a passing mention. I didn't even notice people were actually mad.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep

Oh please not the "entitled" bull****. We're clients, we pay for this stuff. He can do whatever he wants, obviously, but I'm not going to shut off my disappointment because "I can't feel entitled to anything I should be glad this game even exists thank you Sakurai and your holy kindness!".
And by the way it's just a post on a board. Obviously here I sound extremely mad but I'm actually rather calm and I won't give a **** in the next five minutes. It's not like in reality I'm an ape with sunglasses.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
All of you raging realize you will have totally forgotten about this by the time the game comes out, right? Heck, probably by the next character reveal. Oh well, still funny for me to watch. That evil, evil man, not posting exactly what we want exactly when we want it, doesn't he know that posting high quality updates like practically no other game developer ever does is way more important than working on the actual game?! How dare he post a picture that only contains info on the mechanics of a new character on a day so hallowed as the 15th anniversary of SSB64 even though he's shown no set pattern of posting things based on anniversaries before! I mean we've only gotten 3 character reveals recently, and only 1 newcomer! Unforgivablllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeee!

Buncha drama queens :rolleyes:

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I should be angry at myself for being incompetent. I already know this; however, I am also sick of the Sakurai ****-riding. You can praise him if you want, I am just tired of it. There is no reason to even defend him as we shouldn't have been expecting something. This repugnant need to white-knight Sakurai because somebody is a little pissed that we got a half-***** quote after 15 years of dedication is what bothers me. Sorry, I shouldn't have taken it out on you. It is honestly pathetic.
It's ok, just relax and let it all out. Go do something else that's fun for a while, like watching tv or whatever, and remember this is nbd.

Soon we'll have the game and be playing it, and this will have been an instance in time, long forgotten.

But if you wanted to get even with Sakurai, let's go! :troll:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Oh please not the "entitled" bull****. We're clients, we pay for this stuff. He can do whatever he wants, obviously, but I'm not going to shut off my disappointment because "I can't feel entitled to anything I should be glad this game even exists thank you Sakurai and your holy kindness!".
And by the way it's just a post on a board. Obviously here I sound extremely mad but I'm actually rather calm and I won't give a **** in the next five minutes. It's not like in reality I'm an ape with sunglasses.
YOU'RE NOT ACTUALLY AN APE WITH SUNGLASSES??

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
YOU'RE NOT ACTUALLY AN APE WITH SUNGLASSES??
Hey, that's what I was about to post. You damn dirty ape! :awesome:

And so you're not Jontron? And Muster isn't Gary? And Morbid isn't an angry woman....oh wait. But most importantly, I'm not Chrom!?

Actually this is my legit high school yearbook photo

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I was by no means expecting a character reveal. I did not think it was the most likely case, nor did I think it was very likely.

I was at least thinking that the pic would commemorate Smash's Anniversary in some way though, like Mario, Link, Kirby and Pikachu all posing together or something like that.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Oh, you have to pay for these pics? No you don't, you pay for the game, this stuff is optional and superfluous. This stuff doesn't have to happen at all.

And being disappointed doesn't make you entitled, I said I can understand the disappointment. Being mad comes along with the implication that we were owed more than what we got, like we were cheated or something when we were owed nothing, yet we still feel entitled to what we want because we think it should happen. I can understand hoping for something today, predicting something for today, even expecting something for today (and thus being disappointed), but why are we entitled to get something today? Because we follow a site? Because we're going to buy a game? That's silly.

Good, though I wasn't referring to you anyway.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

And so you're not Jontron? And Muster isn't Gary? And Morbid isn't an angry woman....oh wait. But most importantly, I'm not Chrom!?

You're actually Chrom? I don't want you in Smash Bros. :troll:

Edit: Oh, and yes Morbid is an angry woman.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

PSSSSSSSSSST. Here's a really big secret I need to share with you all...

I'm not really a Luxray.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
why are we entitled to get something today? Because we follow a site? Because we're going to buy a game? That's silly.
I'm pretty sure you know what the real answer is. ;)
Really I don't even know why you put this here.

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't call it entitlement. Looking at the series as a whole, it's still here because of the fans (and an immense fan base at that). The fact that Sakurai himself started all this 15 years ago, most people would at least assume Sakurai would give us a little more than a simple acknowledgement.

The frustration, as I see it, is simply because this isn't just any anniversary. Hell, this series is why all of us wait on these forums for hours every weekday for a single picture. It's just shocking Sakurai wouldn't put a little more care into this love for the series, albeit if only through a simple picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom