• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Lo and behold, anticipatory hype actually lived up towards: gloriously high-definition Captain Falc--- oh wait, never mind. Nothing to see here, moving on ladies and gentlemen.

As one of those players who has grown from a child to a young adult, Super Smash Brothers has come quite a long way since the era of the fifth generation. To be able to witness its evolution from the beginning makes it much more remarkable.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
I don't know, his acknowledgement is what is bothering me to be perfectly honest.
For him to acknowledge a pretty important time for Smash Bros. and just show an image of a character who's never been in it until now is what's bothering me.
An image featuring Mario, Link, Kirby, and Pikachu would've actually made some sense. Or maybe finally revealing Yoshi (who even I am forgetting about at this point).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well there you go. Honestly getting something notable wasn't the sure thing like so many were treating it.

As if people will care to remember this time the next time hopes get dangerously high. :rolleyes:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
"Today is the 15th Anniversary of the launch of the first Super Smash Bros. There may be some players out there who played it on the Nintendo 64 as kids that have grown into adults."
There "may" be? What, is he trying to say that there might be some but it's highly unlikely?

Sakurai may be often hailed as a "genius", which is debatable in of itself, but as I always love to say: Just because you're a genius doesn't make you a smart guy.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
There may be some players out there who played it on the Nintendo 64 as kids that have grown into adults.
He's implying that some of us who started with smash 64 are still children in his eyes.

Classy, Sakurai.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Guys! I just realized something.
It's the anniversary of the LAUNCH of Smash Bros.
And he shows Rosalina LAUNCHING a Luma!
This guy knows what he's doing! :awesome:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
"There may be some players out here who played it on the Nintendo 64 who have grown into adults."

Proud to be one of those players. *wink*

And 91 users and 92 guests. Wow. Can't remember the last time it was that high. Must be because of the anniversary...

-----

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
For him to acknowledge a pretty important time for Smash Bros. and just show an image of a character who's never been in it until now is what's bothering me.
An image featuring Mario, Link, Kirby, and Pikachu would've actually made some sense. Or maybe finally revealing Yoshi (who even I am forgetting about at this point).
A wise man once said: "It is the new and cool thing to completely forget about Yoshi."

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well I'm going to go play some Smash 64.

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
I could honestly see this having happened

Sakurai: "And there is the daily pic."
Iwata: *Randomly bursts through the window "Today was Smash's 15th anniversary!!!!"
Sakurai: "Oh Sh--!" *Posts slightly meaningless comment

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
He's going to do another one of those midday updates and surprise everyone with an intensely detailed close up of Luigi's nose on Dedede's coat.

Raccoonman_900

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RMan_900
3DS FC
1418-6736-6840
Switch FC
SW-5350-0976-4122
This feels both disappointing and misleading. I feel that there's still more to this that Sakurai is hiding, but maybe it's just me.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Shame on us, I guess, for expecting something more than we were likely to get.

From now on, guys, we predict no more.

We expect no more.

We anticipate no more.

We sit.

And we wait.

Wait long.

Wait quietly.

...Screw that! What's tomorrow's update? Place your bets ladies and gents!

:troll:

Morbi

Scavenger
Well there you go. Honestly getting something notable wasn't the sure thing like so many were treating it.

As if people will care to remember this time the next time hopes get dangerously high. :rolleyes:
Lesson learned. I don't know why I was expecting something for the 15 anniversary of Smash. Silly me, I am such a dumbass.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I really don't think this is a bad picture; it seems to suggest that Rosalina has two fundamental places she keeps her Luma which makes me think her spacing game is going to be really interesting but also a lot simpler to deal with from the other side than some other schemes might have suggested. Seriously, we got some mechanical explanation for the last well understood character so far; that's an above average update.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Well, there we have it. It's the 15th anniversary of Smash Bros. and Captain Falcon wasn't announced. Obviously he's cut guys. Ohb-viii-ous-leeee. :troll:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
On the bright side, a fair amount of leaks are disproved with today's **** update, so there's that i guess.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Last edited by a moderator:

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Lesson learned. I don't know why I was expecting something for the 15 anniversary of Smash. Silly me, I am such a *******.
IKR :awesome:, how dare we.

This is almost worse than some of that Ed Boon stuff :troll:

I don't care what people say, I'll continue to hope for the best. Having low expectations isn't fun, and certainly not how I want to live my life. So I'll expect the greatest things, and if I come crashing down, so be it.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, at least he acknowledged the 15-year anniverary for Smash Bros. That's better than nothing.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I could honestly see this having happened

Sakurai: "And there is the daily pic."
Iwata: *Randomly bursts through the window "Today was Smash's 15th anniversary!!!!"
Sakurai: "Oh Sh--!" *Posts slightly meaningless comment
"Why wasn't there a reveal or something for the anniversary?!?"

Xaltis

Smash Hero
People actually have a reason to be upset that it's not something new and cool. Any other day they wouldn't but today on the anniversary they do. LOL

Hammer B

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai said:
Today is the 15th Anniversary of the launch of the first Super Smash Bros. There may be some players out there who played it on the Nintendo 64 as kids that have grown into adults.
The funny thing about this statement is that, indeed, we all got older with the passage of these 15 years except Sakurai.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Would it have been so hard to switch today's and yesterday's pics so we at least would've gotten something new? I mean, seriously, this was PREMEDITATED
:ganondorf:*grumpy face*

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Lesson learned. I don't know why I was expecting something for the 15 anniversary of Smash. Silly me, I am such a *******.
Yeah treating any event like a sure thing for a reveal of something notable (except maybe E3) is a pretty silly thing to do.

This is predicting Sakurai. There are very few sure things.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
People actually have a reason to be upset that it's not something new and cool. Any other day they wouldn't but today on the anniversary they do. LOL
Dad: Hey son, let's get some ice cream. It'll be my treat!
Son: Thanks dad, you're so awesome!

*later on son's birthday*

Son: Morning Dad
Dad: Morning Son
Son: .......well, are we gonna do something special today?
Dad: Why would we?
Son: Uhhh, it's my birthday...
Dad: What you ****ing expect something, get the **** out of my face you stupid *****........................btw Happy Birthday.

I'm not super mad/butthurt/whatever about this. I just thought of this and had to post it :p.

Morbi

Scavenger
Dad: Hey son, let's get some ice cream. It'll be my treat!
Son: Thanks dad, you're so awesome!

*later on son's birthday*

Son: Morning Dad
Dad: Morning Son
Son: .......well, are we gonna do something special today?
Dad: Why would we?
Son: Uhhh, it's my birthday...
Dad: What you ****ing expect something, get the **** out of my face you stupid *****........................btw Happy Birthday.

I'm not super mad/butthurt/whatever about this. I just thought of this and had to post it :p.
Well, it depends on if that father is Sakurai. Apparently, we shouldn't "predict" Sakurai on a 15 anniversary (so irrational, I know). So naturally the kid is a little ***** and Sakurai doesn't give a damn about his birthday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom