• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I hope we get dojo like updates in the future, there were a lot more interesting then screenshots

TweetyPurd

Smash Apprentice
nah i think youre right bud ;)

The DS version will feel the same as far as movement and attacks, but it will look VERY different to the wii u version.

You will be able to switch between them, but you may not find your favourite stage ect.

The most important thing is that the game has no lag, and Sakurai will do anything to make it true

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
First post is updated. Personally, I'm kinda disappointed in this screen since it's something we've already seen... again, but oh well! It looks beautiful, regardless! I hope we get some new stuff soon!

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Pretty much everything has been something we've already seen. =P

On an unrelated note.... I kinda like the design for the 3Ds battlefield more than the Wii U battlefield. Feels less cluttered.

PlayerOneTyler

They're not actually the same image. The pic Sakurai added today shows much more of the stage's background than the Press Kit pics.
Well, obviously it's not the EXACT same image. -__- A little bit more sky in the background isn't anything worth noting.

Kef

Smash Apprentice
I was actually worried it would be the exact same image, meaning we would have to wait for all the images of the press kit to be used as updates. Good to know.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Them columns, islands and sunset in the background are amazing. It beats Brawl's by far, but that's just me. Give credit to the rocks from the 3ds version too.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I can't stop being impressed by the new Battlefield. The one on 3DS is good too, but the Wii U one is simply stunning.

I don't judge games by their graphics (the most important is gameplay, after all), but the new Smash, Monolith Soft's X and a lot of games on the PS4 and Xbox One are simply impressive. Shows how the Wii U can also rival the other consoles, especially Monolith's new game.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I requested Mario & Sonic Guy to sticky the thread. I hope he responds soon.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I requested Mario & Sonic Guy to sticky the thread. I hope he responds soon.
I think he would sticky the thread. He once locked my thread, and after discussing it with him he unlocked it for me. Pretty considerate fellow if you ask me :grin:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I can't stop being impressed by the new Battlefield. The one on 3DS is good too, but the Wii U one is simply stunning.

I don't judge games by their graphics (the most important is gameplay, after all), but the new Smash, Monolith Soft's X and a lot of games on the PS4 and Xbox One are simply impressive. Shows how the Wii U can also rival the other consoles, especially Monolith's new game.
Speaking of which, ever noticed those small leaves (or grass) flowing about in that stage in the developer direct vid? That's good details.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Speaking of which, ever noticed those small leaves (or grass) flowing about in that stage in the developer direct vid? That's good details.
Yeah, I've noticed. Gives off that windy, airy feel, since the Battlefield is floating high above the clouds.

Also, during the Developer Direct, the Brawl version of Melee's Menu theme plays on the 3DS version's Battlefield.

I'm talking about this song, by the way:

Ah, and 3DS's Battlefield will feature weather effects, as this picture implies:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Yeah, I've noticed. Gives off that windy, airy feel, since the Battlefield is floating high above the clouds.

Also, during the Developer Direct, the Brawl version of Melee's Menu theme plays on the 3DS version's Battlefield.

I'm talking about this song, by the way:

Ah, and 3DS's Battlefield will feature weather effects, as this picture implies:
Give me Phosphora with that weather effect on that stage, and I'm sold. <3

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Eventually. :troll:

In all honesty, I'd give it a month of two.
I'd give it a month or two until they announce a veteran fighter, like they did with Fox (though that may have been a few months actually. I don't remember.) I'm not expecting to hear about any more new-commers until October, but that's just because that's about when I expect the daily updates to start up again.

PlayerOneTyler

I saw that. He probably means that they're in the early-mid stages of development, which is why there's no concrete release date. Or at least that's how I took it.

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
I saw that. He probably means that they're in the early-mid stages of development, which is why there's no concrete release date. Or at least that's how I took it.

Oh right, I didn't saw it in that context. I thought he was announcing a delay or something...

Ray Robo

Smash Ace
NNID
RayRobo
I'm really impressed with the graphics of this game and enjoy the screenshots, but I hope Sakurai adds more content to the smash website as time goes on. I enjoyed the captions that brawl had.

PlayerOneTyler

I'm really impressed with the graphics of this game and enjoy the screenshots, but I hope Sakurai adds more content to the smash website as time goes on. I enjoyed the captions that brawl had.
I don't think we're going to hear much from Sakurai this time around. I think the screens are all we're gonna get. He said towards the bottom of this article that he's not going to "talk" as much as he did during Brawl's development, and not to expect to hear from him much.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/17/44...director-masahiro-sakurai-character-selection

Ray Robo

Smash Ace
NNID
RayRobo
I don't think we're going to hear much from Sakurai this time around. I think the screens are all we're gonna get. He said towards the bottom of this article that he's not going to "talk" as much as he did during Brawl's development, and not to expect to hear from him much.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/17/44...director-masahiro-sakurai-character-selection
If that's truly the case, then it seems like we're going to have to figure things out for ourselves until release; minding the false rumors and speculations. I do, however understand his point to an extent. Keeping the audience guessing, in a way.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace

Maybe maybe not. I don't think we'll be getting daily updates, but considering that we have had an updating dojo with more than just image updates all three times prior, I expect we'll get non pic updates once a week maybe? Though I still don't expect anything like that to happen until at least October.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Maybe maybe not. I don't think we'll be getting daily updates, but considering that we have had an updating dojo with more than just image updates all three times prior, I expect we'll get non pic updates once a week maybe? Though I still don't expect anything like that to happen until at least October.

Lol, once a week updates are really not going to happen. Sorry to say but, Sakurai explicitly says he isn't going to talk very much this time around, and he's been saying so for quite awhile now.

Just be patient and wait for the game. We'll probably just be getting huge bursts of information like trailers in Nintendo direct or something instead of micro updates every day/week. Just be thankful Sakurai chooses to give people anything to update people with at all.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Eh, the purpose of the site is marketing. Yeah, probably some good will towards the fans as well, but if it didn't have any marketing benefit, they probably wouldn't put much effort into it.

If their marketing is being ineffective or counterproductive, people have the right to say that and not get told "Oh you should be grateful you're getting anything." Nintendo wants us to buy it, they want this to be good marketing, so that kind of attitude would be a stupid one for them to take. They know it's the hardcore fans mostly who are going to be looking at it frequently, and they know why they're looking at it (not just to see the characters in funny poses, but to find out about what's in the game) and it would benefit them to use the site in a way that will generate good-will and excitement among those people.

I think it would be better if we were given more information - not necessarily revealing everything right away, BUT there are plenty of little things that aren't totally trivial (i.e. you must recover) that can be shown like returning items, details about stages, once they reveal the existence of things like ATs, Pokeballs, trophies, etc. some of those can be shown, etc.

But what I'm referring more to even than that is to help decrease the disappointment people will feel from looking at the site - if I knew when to expect notable updates, I'd be a lot happier. Those three months during Brawl's delay were painful and did NOT earn Nintendo any good-will from me. All they had to say was that the Dojo's reveal schedule would be delayed as well and not to expect major updates and I would've been a lot less annoyed (alternatively, they could have simply spread out the remaining reveals into that 3 month period).

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
XD This pic is awesome!
Before people start speculating that Fox has a new attack, I believe that is his falling animation after you use his Up Special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom