• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
I don't care what I'll have to do. I am going to unlock that Gravity Suit first thing (assuming, of course, we have to unlock alt colors).

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
I don't get why some people are complaining about the villagers looking ugly/creepy. They look just like that in the Animal Crossing games. XD
What I think the problem they are referring to is the two female Villager's hairstyles. It makes them look uninteresting imo.

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TailisuTheTen
3DS FC
3566-1548-8575
Wooo Wrath of the Reset Bomb! It's so nostalgic to me.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Pretty cool Star Fox mix, I've never actually liked the gameplay of the series but it really does have some kickass music.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Hooray, more music!

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I suspect eveyr character will have 8 appearance swaps regardless of which character it is. If Villager only gets 8 total, I'm sure Robin is the same. The only oddity here is Wario who will actually have to lose colors from Brawl to go down to 8 total; he may have his 12 color choices grandfathered in.

Pit vs Dark Pit is pretty easy; Pit always has light colored wings while Dark Pit always had dark colored wings. The wings are the most visually distinct part of each character, and every Pit costume we saw in the demo was compliant with this. Sakurai is definitely not going to alow a situation to occur where two different characters actually look the same.

Of course, none of this really helps me; I'm that boring guy who almost always picks the default costume. The one costume I'd really love would be an "outline only" Mr. Game & Watch, but for some reason, I don't think I'm ever going to get it.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I'm loving this update! A lot of characters desperately needed more alt colors. I'm happy that is finally happening. <3

Don't really like the remaining Villager alts thought, but the Samus ones are pretty good.

Also yay! Reset bomb music. I'm so happy. :D

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Actually I kind of like those hairstyles. It's the lidded eyes and eyeshadow that look off to me.
I'd be fine with only one with that hair but the other should at least have another hairstyle.

It's too bad you can't customize the Villagers the same way you customize the Miis.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Wow, eight colors for everyone, huh? I wanna know if Pac-Man will get eight different colors or hats and boots like Pikachu and Jiggles.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I loved today's update, man, Samus new recolors are beautiful, Sakurai nailed it for me. And Villager <3

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
I'd be fine with only one with that hair but the other should at least have another hairstyle.

It's too bad you can't customize the Villagers the same way you customize the Miis.
After seeing that eyeshadow on the male Villager alt I was struck by a strange inspiration to have a Villager alt that looks like James of Team Rocket. So yes, it is a shame.

Speaking of that, is there some reason we don't have Jessie and James portraits as emotes?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
My lord, that Star Fox theme is amazing.

The Reset Bomb one is even better though. I completely forgot how good the KI:U OST is. Amazing.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Okay, I think I finally calmed down. Now w-

Star Fox Music?

I see you're more than impressed. Today's updates really made your day, haven't they? :laugh:

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone notice this confirms another park of the Ninka leak?

8 colors/ costumes per character?

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
So, let me sum up what we've seen today:
1) 8 variations for each character (thus confirming Ninka's leak)
2) Dark Samus and Phazon Suit palette swaps for Samus
3) 8 different models for the Villager.
4) Music from Star Fox
5) Music from Kid Icarus

Yeah, today was a really good day.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Color swaps, costumes and music!

Really like the more options for colors. Samus looks great. All of her colors except the green one are an allusion to the Metroid series.

Her Dark Samus alt totally asks for a Dark Link vs. Dark Samus vs. Dark Pit FFA. (Or just beat them down with the Evil King Ganondorf. :evil:)

As for the music, Smash Bros. once again delivers. I really like the trend Sakurai started with Brawl by hiring tons of composers. It really adds variety to the soundtrack and many of those composers are well-known in the video game industry.

The Wrath of the Reset Bomb song was re-arranged by the composer who made the original track, Yuzo Koshiro. It keeps the same musical style from Uprising while adding a few twists. A new arrangement was necessary, as the air battle songs in Uprising don't loop and are very specific to that aerial section, being composed to match the on-screen events.

As for the Star Fox song, is it just me or there are more medleys with songs from different games this time? Not that I'm complaining, though.

I suspect eveyr character will have 8 appearance swaps regardless of which character it is. If Villager only gets 8 total, I'm sure Robin is the same. The only oddity here is Wario who will actually have to lose colors from Brawl to go down to 8 total; he may have his 12 color choices grandfathered in.

Pit vs Dark Pit is pretty easy; Pit always has light colored wings while Dark Pit always had dark colored wings. The wings are the most visually distinct part of each character, and every Pit costume we saw in the demo was compliant with this. Sakurai is definitely not going to alow a situation to occur where two different characters actually look the same.

Of course, none of this really helps me; I'm that boring guy who almost always picks the default costume. The one costume I'd really love would be an "outline only" Mr. Game & Watch, but for some reason, I don't think I'm ever going to get it.
Well, Sakurai had stated that every character in Brawl had 6 colors, but Wario had 12, 6 for each costume, while Pokémon Trainer, Lucario, Jigglypuff and Sonic had 5 and Pikachu had 4.

Perhaps Wario will still have 12 color options, 6 for each costume. Or maybe he will have 8 colors per costume for a total of 16 choices.

As for Pit and Dark Pit, I agree they're easy to tell apart. For the color swaps, Pit's color choices would focus on lighter tones, while Dark Pit had darker tones.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
What if Marth got Sheeda as his alt costume to replace Lucina being the former one. We'll have a lance-fighter in the game finally.
Sorry Bandanna Dee-guys

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Wooo, show me Pikachu's new costumes, now! Also, Samus's Light and Dark Samus suits look sick; I'm getting nostalgic about the Prime games already. I hope alternate Robins have different hair colors/styles as well (come on, blue ponytail female :D).

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Since all characters will have eight palette swaps, this means good news for Yoshi...

Of course, with Wario, he might only have four WarioWare palettes, and four Classic palettes this time. This would also apply to Zero Suit Samus, and her alternate outfit, along with Robin.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
So does this mean everyone's favorite SS Zelda Waifu has a shot now?

And Mr. L?

And Funky Kong?

And Greil!Ike?

And yukata Lucina?

And Grandmaster/sorcerer/hooded/paladin/sage/Dread Fighter/Malficent/War Monk Robin?

And James McCloud and Marcus McCloud?

And...

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
So does this mean everyone's favorite SS Zelda Waifu has a shot now?

And Mr. L?

And Funky Kong?

And Greil!Ike?

And yukata Lucina?

And Grandmaster/sorcerer/hooded/paladin/sage/Dread Fighter/Malficent/War Monk Robin?

And James McCloud and Marcus McCloud?

And...
And Dark Pit? :troll:

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
It's a great update and Samus looks awesome. But I'm ofc disappointed that she doesn't get proper costumes. It's really annoying how messy this costume thing is. We get almost identical clones and we got people with colors and some with proper costumes. Why didn't they make it more universal with every character? If Dr. Mario and Dark Pit are in, why isn't there a slot for Dark Samus? She could be even more different with her floating around and ****. But 8 alternatives is so awesome still.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's a great update and Samus looks awesome. But I'm ofc disappointed that she doesn't get proper costumes. It's really annoying how messy this costume thing is. We get almost identical clones and we got people with colors and some with proper costumes. Why didn't they make it more universal with every character? If Dr. Mario and Dark Pit are in, why isn't there a slot for Dark Samus? She could be even more different with her floating around and ****. But 8 alternatives is so awesome still.
Dark Samus is already an Assist Trophy, so that explains a lot.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Are the menu screenshots done then? Praise the sun! I will predict Dr. Mario and Dark Pit in a screenshot together tomorrow. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom