• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mii Swordfighter Video & Critique Thread

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
I never try to grab rosaluma, I just tilt spam and hope something works.

Saltyman

I'm Already Dead Inside
NNID
JustAnotherNoob
Hello fellow swordfighters :)

I've been playing swordfighter for a while now but unfortunately have not had a chance to use them in tournaments yet..

I do have a video featuring all of the current swordfighter outfits though. Features different miis, poses, and attack animations in an HD slideshow if anyone wants to check it out! Swordfighter is so stylish :p

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - ALL Mii Swordfighter Outfits (Includes DLC)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NARoNekceA

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Hey guys, picking Swordfighter back up. Had some matches on Smashladder with 1111 SF earlier:
Sorry about the video quality. Living the no 3DS capture card life.

Things I know that I can improve on:
  • Stop U-smashing out of dash so much
  • Be less predictable with Airborne Assault
  • Stop SDing and misinputting specials

I hope to experiment versus other people online with other variants soon. Why does Smashladder ranked only use 1111? -_-

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Hey guys, picking Swordfighter back up. Had some matches on Smashladder with 1111 SF earlier:
Sorry about the video quality. Living the no 3DS capture card life.

Things I know that I can improve on:
  • Stop U-smashing out of dash so much
  • Be less predictable with Airborne Assault
  • Stop SDing and misinputting specials

I hope to experiment versus other people online with other variants soon. Why does Smashladder ranked only use 1111? -_-
if it makes you feel better I'm a Swordfighter main with a 3ds so if you want to smash hit me up maybe I'm available

Saltyman

I'm Already Dead Inside
NNID
JustAnotherNoob
Vs. Lucario (1.1.2)

Vs. Mewtwo (1.1.3)

Man there's really not many swordfighters out there.. Personally I feel like they are underpowered compared to the other 2 Mii's and only Gunner has a decent 1111 set. Will try to get some more swordfighter matches later, most of our tournaments allow custom miis :)

Last edited:

Enjeru Karasu

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nothost
3DS FC
1993-9726-9368
This just a friendly game, but what happened here was so hillarious that any Mii Swordfighter main will get a kick out of it. A bit of context: Me and two friends were playing together while chatting on skype. the part in the video where we freeze is them wondering what the hell happened. Cause it was pretty funny. Anyway, here it is. The moment that shows Mii Swordfighter making two opponents lose the will to fight.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
This just a friendly game, but what happened here was so hillarious that any Mii Swordfighter main will get a kick out of it. A bit of context: Me and two friends were playing together while chatting on skype. the part in the video where we freeze is them wondering what the hell happened. Cause it was pretty funny. Anyway, here it is. The moment that shows Mii Swordfighter making two opponents lose the will to fight.

Mii swordfighter's dair is like the sexiest thing.

Thought I'd upload a few matches of Swordie vs Bayonetta since she's a new character and all.

I think I did ok, but critique would be appreciated :3

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Hadn't used this character in a long time prior to this. That said, please point me in the right directions.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Hadn't used this character in a long time prior to this. That said, please point me in the right directions.

sorry reflex i can't watch all of these rn but i did watch game 1 vs Villager. It's so weird telling one of the best wario mains this, but I think you were being a bit too aggro as swordfighter Villager sucks at actually getting back a lead as long the enemy stays on the defensive (of course it was just friendlies so its fine) I did like what you did with counter

Routa

Smash Lord
After watching both of the videos I have to say nice play from your part. I think you are using SH Uair a bit too often. Also I suggest you to use Dair a bit more often when landing. Most of the time people tend to forget its landing shockwave. But seriously are you sure you haven't secretly been training a Swordfighter? Judging by the videos I would say you were born to be a Swordfighter main.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord

Wow, that was impressive actually. I don't know what to tell you. You seem play the character marvelously. Any reason you are using 1111 guest size? I guess a few things with this set that the Swordfighter community discover:
Airborne Assault (Side B1) can be a spinning ball of death at the ledge. You can delay the ledge snap by hold down. This will leave you in the spin motion of Hitboxes for how ever you charge it. Smash Capp realize you can potentially hit the 2 frame window and beat 3/4 ledge getups(Jump,Stand, maybe attack?).
Also to add... AA charge can be Smash and Tilted like Pikachu's Skull Bash.
FF Fair before the last hit can lead into anything. (Grab, Jab, Dtilt, Smashes). A nice Kill combo is FF Fair into Upsmash.
Stone Scabbard (Up B1) has invincible at frame 4 and as you already know comes with a powerful spike. Delay the ledge snap to utilize the spike hitbox.
You understand the range and power of Fsmash. It sort have a tipper effect if spaced right. Stutter-Step that move to increase that deceptive range.
Full hop Dair can cancel the shockwave endlag with another attack endlag (like Nair or Bair).
It will take time to get used to Gale Strike but your use of it is really good. Same with Counter.

So what is your general with this character? How about the 1111 set? You went through the basic stages. Any opinions on which one is in Swordfighter favor? Lastly, what did Orca think of Swordfighter and the matches?

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Wow, that was impressive actually. I don't know what to tell you. You seem play the character marvelously. Any reason you are using 1111 guest size? I guess a few things with this set that the Swordfighter community discover:
Airborne Assault (Side B1) can be a spinning ball of death at the ledge. You can delay the ledge snap by hold down. This will leave you in the spin motion of Hitboxes for how ever you charge it. Smash Capp realize you can potentially hit the 2 frame window and beat 3/4 ledge getups(Jump,Stand, maybe attack?).
Also to add... AA charge can be Smash and Tilted like Pikachu's Skull Bash.
FF Fair before the last hit can lead into anything. (Grab, Jab, Dtilt, Smashes). A nice Kill combo is FF Fair into Upsmash.
Stone Scabbard (Up B1) has invincible at frame 4 and as you already know comes with a powerful spike. Delay the ledge snap to utilize the spike hitbox.
You understand the range and power of Fsmash. It sort have a tipper effect if spaced right. Stutter-Step that move to increase that deceptive range.
Full hop Dair can cancel the shockwave endlag with another attack endlag (like Nair or Bair).
It will take time to get used to Gale Strike but your use of it is really good. Same with Counter.

So what is your general with this character? How about the 1111 set? You went through the basic stages. Any opinions on which one is in Swordfighter favor? Lastly, what did Orca think of Swordfighter and the matches?
Isn't it fullhop > doublejump dair?

Saltyman

I'm Already Dead Inside
NNID
JustAnotherNoob
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Friendlies - Mii Swordfighter (1332) vs Sheik #1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYWsk_YaHME

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Friendlies - Mii Swordfighter (1332) vs Sheik #2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24lPHFrdLD8

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Friendlies - Mii Swordfighter (1332) vs Donkey Kong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZZmBL3RZSw

I definitely should have used the Counter in these matchups.. You can't Reversal Slash Bouncing Fish but the Counter actually has great frames and knockback.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Got a Mii Swordfighter (1331) match against a Corrin at Local Smashfestonly game 1 only
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REgMIROdVx8
I suggest trying to play more grounded in general, your jabs and dtilts were good pressure. Tornado was good for dealing with pin. Also empty hops when your opponent is above you can definitely help bait out an action, and thus get a kill. ;)

Top Bottom