• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mii Swordfighter Neutral Game

Mr. Grabs

Smash Cadet
  1. What's your neutral game like?

2. Generally speaking how are you approaching your opponent?

3. What moves are you using frequently that you find are safer to getting openings?

4. What are mistakes that ameutur Mii Swordfighter players do in Neutral?

5. Does your neutral game change much dependent on the stage? If so how?

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
I don't play with Chakram so it means my swordfighter is more about that spacing rather than poking from a distance. I use Aerial Assault instead for that better recovery and harder roll / air dodge punish.

Swordfighter has plenty of good pokes and ways to apply shield pressure. F-tilt, D-tilt, D-air, B-air, etc. I play the spacing game with him mostly. Except with matchups against characters with ranged answers like a Belmont, Shulk, or Dedede, I try getting in their face instead and outpacing them.

Stage-wise; Battlefield and Yoshi's Story (M) are good for U-air or Hero's Spin finishers thanks to the triplat layout. The Pokemon Stadiums are good stages too for those additional edgeguard options. I'm not too fond of Yoshi's Island (B) nor Smashville (either Hazardless or not).

LightKnight

Smash Journeyman
I'm a ameutur MiiSwordfighter user currently so I'm curious and commenting to see the responses here but I will say I like using shuriken of light to pressure an approach in neutral as its quick with very little lag to the move. It can also gimp some characters. Sure, I can't deny the tornado has great and powerful utility but I'm not a huge fan of the lag and general combo set-ups.

Top Bottom