• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mii Swordfighter Combo Thread

Mr. Grabs

Smash Cadet
What combos have you been using with Mii Swordfighter? Bread and butter, more technical, character specific or whatever post them all here.

Down Throw > Fair (works from about 0-40%)
Down Throw > Up Air (works from about 0-85% or so. Timing is more strict at lower percentages, this can kill at higher percentages but eventually good DI can get out of this).

Neutral B (Gale Strike) > pretty much anything (works at any percent because Gale Strike has set knockback!). Generally best options are Neutral B > Up Air, this can kill fairly early anywhere on stage and is excellent at top of platforms. Also Neutral B > Up B (Hero's Spin) is a solid option, especially towards the end of the stage where it can kill quite early and has the potential to kill disturbingly early if you are willing to sacrifice a stock.

Emuchu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Emuchu
3DS FC
2320-6462-6471
After ZeRo posted his "secret OP character" vid, I've been playing around with Swordfighter in the lab and online. I'll get percent ranges and damage down when I'm not at work (lol)!

DThrow > UAir seems to work for super long!
DThrow > Hero's Spin works sometimes at kill percentages, but it's a little unreliable. You can pair this with DThrow > Gale Strike > Hero's Spin for a 50/50
DTilt > FTilt or FAir is pretty reliable; the pop-up from DTilt is surprisingly combo-friendly
NAir > Grab only works at 0%, but NAir can lead to tech-chase or lock setups afterwards. NAir > Jab 1 (lock) > Jab 2 > Gale Strike > UAir / Hero's Spin is super juicy.
Everyone and their mom knows about Gale Strike > Hero's Spin for kill confirms.
Gale Strike > Gale Strike > Hero's Spin is a thing if you catch your opponent hanging on the ledge.
Tilt Chakram > Gale Strike > UAir / Hero's Spin is a mean edge-guard or wake-up setup, especially once they've gotten used to Smash Chakram.
FAir 2 > UTilt > UAir works surprisingly well, I'll have to test its true-ness. You can often get multiple UTilts.

EDIT:

Here are some 0% combos I labbed out!

0%
  • DThrow >
    • FH UAir
      • 25.2%
      • Works to 90%
    • FH Hero’s Spin
      • 22.6%
      • Works to 50%
    • FH Bair
      • 22.6%
      • Works to 40%
    • SH UAir
      • 21.1%
      • Works to 50%
      • Easier to land at 0% than FH UAir.
    • FH FAir
      • 18.9%
      • Works to 30%
    • FH Nair
      • 15.1%
      • Works to 70%
      • Why would you go for this?
  • DTilt >
    • FTilt
      • 25.2%
      • Works to 5%
    • Dash Attack
      • 22.6%
      • Works to 20%
    • SH Fair
      • 21.8%
      • Works to 40%
  • FH NAir >
    • Grab > DThrow > FH UAir
      • 35.2%
      • Works to 5%
      • Might not be real.
    • Dash Attack
      • 22.6%
      • Works to 30%
  • SH FAir (2) >
    • UTilt
      • 15.2%
      • Works forever
      • Kills around 150%
      • Go for followups!
  • SH DAir (4) >
    • Dash Attack
      • 23.7%
    • FAir
      • 22.9%

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
No buffs or nerfs in recent patch so all combos are still valid.

Iremia

Smash Rookie
I've been working on some followups and exploring jab locks for Mr. Swordfighter. Video

Basically, set up a hard knockdown with nair or bair>jab 1> dash cancel jab 1>buffer weak chakram>whatever punish you want. I really like weak uair to up b or up smash because it looks cool. I believe a grab is also guaranteed and combos into FH uair. It doesn't usually confirm into a kill, but it does a ton of damage and gets them into kill percent for any of Mii Swordfighters other kill confirms.

I'm not sure how smash DI does affects chakram, but it's really sick if you can pull it off.

Let me know what you think.

Emuchu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Emuchu
3DS FC
2320-6462-6471
Thanks to My Smash Corner's C-Stick Macro Specials video, we have an easy way to access instant tilt Chakram! Usually, it has an awkward buffering period that makes it difficult to perform the tilt version. It's oddly a stricter buffer than Palutena and Simon's sideB's, so it's a little tough to use Chakram for neutral stuff. Now we can, say, Shield-hop > down-angled Chakram > Gale > Spin as a kill punish out of shield. Iremia Iremia 's jab-locks sound pretty cool--you could always go full cheese and just go for Nair / Bair > jab 1 (lock) > jab 1 > tilt Chakram > Gale > Spin.

Iremia

Smash Rookie
Iremia Iremia 's jab-locks sound pretty cool--you could always go full cheese and just go for Nair / Bair > jab 1 (lock) > jab 1 > tilt Chakram > Gale > Spin.
I actually tested it a little, but I find it difficult to get follow ups from gale strike point blank. I know it’s possible though, I’ll have to test it out.

Edit: yeah it can work, but it seems to be dependent on percent as I got it early, but I wasn’t able to get it at later percents. My only guess is the way weak chakram can push people out of the attack sometimes, so the gale strike didn’t seem to connect. Maybe you can get it to work better. With a nair starter you get around 50% off the full lock combo ending with gale spin. All that said, finishing with down throw uair seems better though as it does effectively the same damage and is more consistent and safer.

Side note: Nair starts knocking down as low as 7-15% based on weight which seems really good to me. Also, this is probably known already, but gale strike just doesn’t work against Pichu at all as the knockback seems to scale with weight. Pichu will always go too high for full jump+double jump uair to combo. It still seemed to work on jiggles, Olimar, Fox, and Mewtwo when I tested it on them. It was close, but it still worked.

Last edited:
Top Bottom