• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mii Laser Appreciation

SecretAsianMan

Smash Apprentice
I still feel like the Mii Gunner Laser (Neutral-B #2) is super underrated, because the other options heavily overshadow the laser. Sure, Mii glowey ball (Neutral-B #1) and the Bouncy Bomb (Neutral-B #3) provide a tactical nuke and an excellent edgeguarding tool respectively, but what the other two options don't provide is stage pressure and a quick chip damage. True, spamming lasers give people PTSD about For Glory SSB4 Falcos, but the Mii Gunner laser is more than that. It forces Characters to shield, or jump, deny rushdowns, and forces Wolf and Palutena to use thier Reflectors more then their spam. It is also a combo tool (abit a small one) out of an fthrow for a jablock. It makes the Belmonts actually use the analog stick, and forces all campers to stop. The rapid chip damage and stage pressure that it provides is immense. Having laser blaze allows you to drop samus missiles (or stealth burst) for the much more optimal Flame pillar, as laser blaze is a safer and quicker intercontinental poking tool than samus missiles.
It is completely understandable to use the other neutral-B options instead of laser blaze, but I feel that Laser blaze is the most underrated thing in smash ultimate outside of Little mac aireal's combo potential. I just wanted to share what this move can actually do and its advantages over the other two options. Don't get me wrong, laser blaze definetly has its problems, but It has its underrated utility as a pressure tool

Last edited:

PuffinToast34

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
You my friend- took the time out of your day to write this. About a damn laser. Nobody has recognized your greatness yet. Wanna be buds?

Hoomon

Smash Rookie
I use laser because when I play Mii Gunner, I play them Rushdown (don't ask me why for some reason it just works for me).

1FC0

Smash Lord
You my friend- took the time out of your day to write this. About a damn laser. Nobody has recognized your greatness yet. Wanna be buds?
If it was about THE laser then I would understand but this is just a regular laser. Although I disagree about it being damned I still think it is nothing special.

Djmarcus44

Smash Journeyman
I still feel like the Mii Gunner Laser (Neutral-B #2) is super underrated, because the other options heavily overshadow the laser. Sure, Mii glowey ball (Neutral-B #1) and the Bouncy Bomb (Neutral-B #3) provide a tactical nuke and an excellent edgeguarding tool respectively, but what the other two options don't provide is stage pressure and a quick chip damage. True, spamming lasers give people PTSD about For Glory SSB4 Falcos, but the Mii Gunner laser is more than that. It forces Characters to shield, or jump, deny rushdowns, and forces Wolf and Palutena to use thier Reflectors more then their spam. It is also a combo tool (abit a small one) out of an fthrow for a jablock. It makes the Belmonts actually use the analog stick, and forces all campers to stop. The rapid chip damage and stage pressure that it provides is immense. Having laser blaze allows you to drop samus missiles (or stealth burst) for the much more optimal Flame pillar, as laser blaze is a safer and quicker intercontinental poking tool than samus missiles.
It is completely understandable to use the other neutral-B options instead of laser blaze, but I feel that Laser blaze is the most underrated thing in smash ultimate outside of Little mac aireal's combo potential. I just wanted to share what this move can actually do and its advantages over the other two options. Don't get me wrong, laser blaze definetly has its problems, but It has its underrated utility as a pressure tool
While you have a point about lasers being underrated, I think that you are underrating missiles to make that point. While lasers come out faster, missiles have less endlag which allows Gunner to use other moves in neutral while the missile is out. Missiles are also safer on shield, and they allow Gunner to break shields with charge blast. Missiles combo into dash attack and charge blast. The small missiles are great for jab locks, and the super missiles kill most characters around 140% at the edge of the stage. I honestly think that they are on par with flame pillar.

SecretAsianMan

Smash Apprentice
To be fair I never said anything specifically against the missiles. Lets be real, the missiles do a better job of what the laser can do. The main reason I use laser blaze over charge shot/grenade launch is because I loovee flame pillar, and because lasers basically do the same thing as missiles (to an undisputed extent) I get to ledge trap with flame pillar better (yay).

Djmarcus44

Smash Journeyman
I actually found out that Wamaha uses 2132. He recently won a 375 player single elimination online tournament. I posted a video of his gunner in the video channel.

Last edited:

Naov

Smash Cadet
I played with Laser for some days but it wasn't as effective as the other two.

I only had one game where a link couldn't do much against the laser, but probably the link so good as well.

The MAIN PROBLEM of the laser, is that you can't even use it to halt recoveries, because the thing has a very short range! In order to be useful it would need to be able to reach farther enemies that are trying to jump into the stage.

And, because it is somewhat fast, you cannot do it either close to the edge (such as Wolf's laser).

Top Bottom