• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mii Gunner's true combos and follow ups (Work in progress)

Djmarcus44

Smash Journeyman
This is a list of true combos and follow ups that the mii gunner has. I will edit my post to include more combos every week at least, but it would be appreciated if anyone else can add their own. By the way the term "kill setup" means that it isn't guaranteed, but "kill confirm" means that it is guaranteed.

1. Fair to dash attack
2. Fair to dsmash
3. Fair to jc usmash
4. Ground level fair to sh fair (around 40-50%)
5. Fair to any tilt (against heavies and fast fallers at low percents)
6. Fair to charge blast (around 20% it is a true combo, and it becomes a kill confirm at higher percents)
7. Ftilt to dash attack (I will add percents soon)
8. Bair to ftilt (at low percents on heavies, fastfallers and a character that is tripped by bair, otherwise it is a follow up)
9. Bair to fsmash (at low percents on heavies, fastfallers and a character that is tripped by bair, otherwise it is a follow up)
10. Flame pillar to charge blast (if the opponent runs, walks or rolls into the flame. Otherwise it is a follow up).
11. Fair to jab (it only works at low percents, but it can lead to several follow ups).
12. Bair to flame pillar (if the opponent is tripped by bair, otherwise it is a follow up at low percents).
13. Sour Ftilt to charge blast (it works at low percents when ftilt jab locks, otherwise it is a follow up).
14. Usmash hits 2 and 3 to up tilt (this is only good for salvaging a whiffed up smash).
15. Flame pillar to dash attack (same as 9).
16. Bair to Dtilt (at very low percents).
17. Weak Fair to RAR bair (it is a combo around 30%-100% depending on the opponent's DI).
18. Fair to nair (at low to mid percents).
19. Fair to grab (at low percents. It also works on shields if an opponent has slow out of shield options).
20. Lunar canceled up b to grab (at low to mid percents. It is easiest to lunar cancel on battlefield platforms)
21. Lunar canceled up b to up tilt (at low to mid percents).
22. Dair off of a platform to any move (Dair off of a platform guarantees a jab lock at low percents).

Most of Gunner's throw follow ups not guaranteed, but they are difficult to avoid. This character's throw follow ups deal solid damage, and they can kill most of the cast before 120%.
1. Uthrow to up air (it can kill the entire cast anywhere from 80% to 140% depending on weight if you read the opponent's DI. It can also frame trap some opponents into an up tilt or an up smash).
2. Dthrow to up air (it is harder to read the opponent's DI to kill with this, but it works at higher percents than Uthrow to up air. It can also frame trap some opponents into an up tilt or an up smash).
3. Uthrow to nair (at low percents).
4. Dthrow to nair (At low percents it is a true combo on heavies and fastfallers when the nair is shorthopped. It is also a true combo for 25/0 and 0/0 gunner. It also frame traps some opponents into charge blast).
5. Dthrow to bair (at low percents on heavies).
6. Bthrow to dash attack (at low percents).
7. Bthrow to charge blast (it is best at low percents, but it can kill if you can read your opponent's DI. It can also jab lock opponents if the charge blast isn't charged very much).
8. Fthrow to dash attack (at low to mid percents).
9. Fthrow to charge blast (it works best at low percents since it is hard to tech the forward throw, but it can kill if you read your opponent's DI. It can also jab lock some characters at low to mid percents if the charge blast isn't charged very much).
10. Uthrow to up tilt (true combos on fastfallers at low percents).
11. Uthrow to up smash (works on fastfallers and heavies at low percents).
12. Dthrow to Footstool (It will combo into dair if you delay the fastfall a few frames after the shorthop footstool. At very low percents, Gunner can get another grab after the footstool for a pseudo chain grab. Depending on the enemy, can get 52% damage or more).

1. Jab 1 or 2 to any tilt (Up tilt and down tilt are best for this since they lead to more follow ups at low percents, and they kill around 100%-160% depending on weight. Ftilt is still good since it has the most range, and it can lead to charge blast.)
2. Jab 1 or 2 to any smash (down smash is the easiest one to get since it comes out on frame 9, but all of these follow ups are good for punishing an opponent that uses combo breaking aerials at high percents. Up smash is good at low percents for juggling with either another up smash or up tilt. At higher percents it is easier to use up smash when it is jump canceled. The first hit of down smash can stage spike when this follow up is done at the ledge to kill opponents at low percents).
3. Jab 1 or 2 to charge blast (a good kill setup for Gunner).
4. Jab 1 or 2 to Dash attack (it works well when spaced near the tip of jab).
5. Jab 1 or 2 to grab (it might frame trap some opponents).

1. Nair to dash attack (if your opponent misses the tech).
2. Nair to charge blast (Same as 1, but it is a kill setup. At high percents, nair may lead to the untechable animation, and a small charge blast would jab lock an opponent into an up smash as a kill confirm).
3. Back hit of nair to bair (it might be a true combo at low to mid percents).
4. Ftilt to charge blast ( It is a kill setup at high percents).
5. Flame pillar to charge blast (It kills around 90 % to 110% at the edge of the stage).
6. Usmash to uair, bair or nair (works at low to mid percents with a DI read).
7. Falling uair to up tilt (it is a kill setup if you don't land the last hit of uair).
8. Dtilt to fair (at low percents you can follow this up with a dash attack to another fair offstage to up b [this follow up can kill Little Mac before 40%] or an fsmash at mid percents).
9. Up tilt juggling (you can get anywhere from 2 to 5 up tilts at low percents depending on weight, and you can punish an air dodge with up smash).
10. Up smash juggling (you can get several hits of up smash at low percents depending on weight). Up smash to up air sometimes registers as a true combo.
11. Nair to Dtilt (at low to mid percents).
12. Nair to grab (at low to mid percents).
13. Dtilt to up air (at low to mid percents).
14. Bair to dash attack (at low to mid percents).
15. Down Smash to gundash utilt (works at mid percents when the down smash is positioned at the worst areas for a horizontal kill).
16. Dash attack to charge blast (It works at low to mid percents).

1. Guest size true combos (1-5, 7-9, 11, 14, and 16-21).
2. Grenade to fair
3. Grenade to dtilt
4. Missile to fair
5. Homing missile to dash attack
6. Grenade to usmash
7. Grenade to fsmash (at low percents)
8. Grenade to nair
9. Grenade to dash attack (at low percents).
10. Grenade to jab (at low percents).
11. Bomb drop to Sour up tilt (at low to mid percents).
12. Grenade to Grenade (at low percents on heavies).
13. Bomb drop to up air (at low to mid percents).
14. Bomb drop to fair (at low percents).
15. Grenade to up tilt (at low percents).
16. Ftilt to grenade (at low to mid percents. It is done by shooting grenade over an opponent and hitting them into the grenade).
17. Grenade to bair
18. Grenade to bomb drop
19. Grenade to up air
20. Bomb drop to bair

1. Guest size follow ups (1,4 and 6-14).
2. Jab follow ups for Gunner (1-2 and 4-5).
3. Throw follow ups (1-6, 8 and 10-11).

1. Guest size 1111 true combos (1-9, 11, 13-14, and 16-21)
2. 3312 true combos (4-5, 11,13-14, and 20).

1. Guest size 1111 follow ups (1-4, and 6-14).
2. Jab follow ups (1-5).
3. Throw follow ups (1-11).
4. Homing missile to charge blast (true combo for 25/0 and 0/0).

1. Grenade to cannon uppercut spike
2. Bomb drop to footstool to cannon uppercut (bomb drop must be started high in order to be ready to get the footstool).
3. Grenade launch to footstool to cannon uppercut (you can also do footstool to cannon uppercut if you miss with the grenade).
4. Guest size 3312 true combos (1-20).
5. Bomb drop to Cannon uppercut (It is a kill confirm. It works when the bomb is dropped over the opponent's head).
6. Grenade launch to cannon uppercut.
7. Bomb drop to Cannon uppercut.

1. Guest size 3312 follow ups (1-3).
2. Dthrow to cannon uppercut.

I am thankful for the help that I have gotten from GS3K GS3K (his post is below), @san. (He found the grab setups for nair and fair along with some of the bomb combos. In addition, his video for 0/0 3312 gunner is great for learning how to play Gunner at that size), @ChiboSempai (He informed me about some frame traps that Gunner can get from grabs), Protom Protom (his post is below), SpawnSean SpawnSean (He found a way to get the hitbox from lunar cancelling), and @Flameleon (He gave me some useful information about the fair to RAR bair combo). Dendri has also made a video about Gunner's fair combos.

Last edited:

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
fair -> dash attack
fair -> dsmash
fair -> jc usmash
ground level fair -> sh fair (around 40-50% or such)
fair -> tilt (only against heavies and fastfallers at low percents)
fair -> charge shot (around 20%)
homing missile -> charge shot (25/0 or 0/0)
missile -> fair
homing missile -> dash attack
dthrow -> nair (25/0 and 0/0 only)
grenade -> usmash

Last edited:

Djmarcus44

Smash Journeyman
fair -> dash attack
fair -> dsmash
fair -> jc usmash
ground level fair -> sh fair (around 40-50% or such)
fair -> tilt (only against heavies and fastfallers at low percents)
fair -> charge shot (around 20%)
homing missile -> charge shot (25/0 or 0/0)
missile -> fair
homing missile -> dash attack
dthrow -> nair (25/0 and 0/0 only)
grenade -> usmash
Thank you for your contributions. Are all of these true combos?

Djmarcus44

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know of any footstool combos for Gunner? Does anyone have any suggestions for improving this thread?

Last edited:

Djmarcus44

Smash Journeyman
Edit: Accidentally double posted.

I would still appreciate some more assistance on this thread.

Last edited:

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
I've got a footstool combos figure out..:
3322 guest size:
-Footstool --> Cannon Uppercut
-Grenade Launch --> footstool --> Cannon Uppercut
-Bomb drop (must be started high above opponent so that your' in position once bomb drop FAF is up) --> Footstool --> Cannon Uppercut

I don't remember the exact percentages these combos deal, but most of them kill starting around 95% on average weight on average legal stage ceiling.
Also, here are some more I don't see listed yet:

-Grenade into back air (most optimal and reliable grenade combo at low percent's for racking up damage. Deals 22-24% depending on how many grenade hits you get in)
-Grenade into up air
-Grenade into Cannon Uppercut spike
-Grenade into Bomb Drop

I'll contribute some more once I get home and dig up some stuff from my notes..

A 3322 list should probably also be made btw..

Djmarcus44

Smash Journeyman
I'm about to start posting the true combos and follow ups for Gunners of different sizes. It would be greatly appreciated if anyone could post what size they use or any combos that they have for Gunner.

SpawnSean

Low Tier Hero
NNID
SpawnSean
Yes. After you posted your video (By the way, it was very helpful), I practiced lunar cancelling and got a couple of combos. I posted them on your thread.
A'ight, I would appreciate if you credited your sources. <3 I've learned a lot from this and it is a great guide.

Top Bottom