• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mii Gunner Up B Platform Cancel?

SpawnSean

Low Tier Hero
NNID
SpawnSean
Probs gonna call it the Lunar Cancel if it doesn't already have a name

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
The tech is not new. The utility for it however, is! Neat discovery.

SpawnSean

Low Tier Hero
NNID
SpawnSean
It might be possible this tech can be used with other characters with different specials. Robin can do it but it is not as useful for he practically needs to be on top of his opponent.

Djmarcus44

Smash Journeyman
After using this technique a little bit, I found that lunar canceled up b true combos into up tilt as well. It should combo into jab, but I haven't tried that out yet. I am also trying to consistently get the hitbox of lunar launch when lunar cancelling.

SpawnSean

Low Tier Hero
NNID
SpawnSean
After using this technique a little bit, I found that lunar canceled up b true combos into up tilt as well. It should combo into jab, but I haven't tried that out yet. I am also trying to consistently get the hitbox of lunar launch when lunar cancelling.
I use the position of Mii gunners feet to get it just right. I also find it easier to perform when walking off a platform.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
I do Up B instantly, before I hit the ground? This looks very useful Andi wannatry this bady now. Thanks for this s fabulous discovery :)

Tene_Sicarius

Smash Cadet
NNID
TenebrisSicarius
3DS FC
3454-1920-1564
I have a few questions about pulling this off, since its pretty difficult to perform consecutively in a real match. What is the frame data for pulling this off with a hitbox, what margin of error do I have to work with, and where should I start it? Is this easier to perform with Bidou? Although I doubt it, is it possible to fastfall during the startup of up special? Is this easier to pull off with a guest or short Mii?

HermitHelmet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hermit_Helmet1
Back when I discovered this in April of 2015, I thought it was quite useless, but recently I'll be making efforts to see if there's anything that we can do into a true combo that doesn't involve footstooling.

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
Does anyone know if this up-b interrupt thing is plus on block? Because if it is, and you do it on a platform and get the hitbox out, it could lead into a free grab/shield pressure.

VERY reminiscent of Samus' aerial interrupt in Melee. Super cool tech honestly.

Djmarcus44

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know if this up-b interrupt thing is plus on block? Because if it is, and you do it on a platform and get the hitbox out, it could lead into a free grab/shield pressure.

VERY reminiscent of Samus' aerial interrupt in Melee. Super cool tech honestly.
Since Gunner suffers almost no landing lag from lunar cancelling, it should be safe on shield, but I will ask someone that can check frame data to be sure.

Tene_Sicarius

Smash Cadet
NNID
TenebrisSicarius
3DS FC
3454-1920-1564
Since Gunner suffers almost no landing lag from lunar cancelling, it should be safe on shield, but I will ask someone that can check frame data to be sure.
On a default Mii, a non perfect shielded lunar landing results in 6 frames of shieldstun (if the move isn't stale). Assuming that the up b cancel is equivalent to an autocancel, you should have a two frame advantage. Gunner is tied with about half the cast with a frame 6 standing grab, so unless they have an amazing OoS up special, you will get the grab.

Small gunner only loses one frame on shield, so you still have a frame advantage to beat a grab.

SR-71

Smash Apprentice
Serious question: Is anyone able to perform a lunar-cancelled landing consistently, with the hitbox? I mean, can you do it 3 or 4 times in a row, or at least 75% of attempts?

Last edited:

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
on battlefield you can get a 100% consistent lunar cancel on the side platforms if you do fullhop airdodge and then input up special..

Last edited:
Top Bottom