• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mii Gunner Questions

Sans3546

Smash Cadet
hello!

so for no particular reason :), after the most recent banjo and kazooie analysis video, i have a sudden interest in maining mii gunner. does anyone here have any fighting tips? you know, combos, viable kill moves, useful tech, custom move suggestions, et cetera. i looked up youtube videos, and nothing has been super useful as a reference to this stuff all in one place, and a lot of s*** happening in my life all at once has made me a very busy person, so it would be hard for me to look at every thread and comment here.

any help would be appreciated. thank you in advance.

TennisBall

Smash Journeyman
hello good sir, let me see if i can hope, if just a little.
charge Shot is a must-have, it's a good zoning tool, and a decent kill option.
i recommend the explosion kick for recovery, as although it's a horrible recovery move, it's a decent spike, and with all of the Banjo's running around, you can easily gimp them.
omb drop is your best option is it's a good zoning tool.
forward Smash has disgusting range and nobody respects it at first so be sure to use that to cover half og the opponents ledge options.
'm in no way experienced with mii Gunner, but seeing as i can't do sans is ness jokes anymore, i might as well try to help.
(I spent like 15 minutes trying to get the Apple Kid font to work and it just wasn't happening.)

Last edited:

Djmarcus44

Smash Journeyman
hello!

so for no particular reason :), after the most recent banjo and kazooie analysis video, i have a sudden interest in maining mii gunner. does anyone here have any fighting tips? you know, combos, viable kill moves, useful tech, custom move suggestions, et cetera. i looked up youtube videos, and nothing has been super useful as a reference to this stuff all in one place, and a lot of s*** happening in my life all at once has made me a very busy person, so it would be hard for me to look at every thread and comment here.

any help would be appreciated. thank you in advance.
Aikota (the best Mii Gunner player) is posting his guide this weekend. I have some threads for Gunner's combos on this character thread. You can also use the link to find the Gunner discord https://smashcords.com/smash-5.

SecretAsianMan

Smash Apprentice
hello good sir, let me see if i can hope, if just a little.
charge Shot is a must-have, it's a good zoning tool, and a decent kill option.
i recommend the explosion kick for recovery, as although it's a horrible recovery move, it's a decent spike, and with all of the Banjo's running around, you can easily gimp them.
omb drop is your best option is it's a good zoning tool.
forward Smash has disgusting range and nobody respects it at first so be sure to use that to cover half og the opponents ledge options.
'm in no way experienced with mii Gunner, but seeing as i can't do sans is ness jokes anymore, i might as well try to help.
(I spent like 15 minutes trying to get the Apple Kid font to work and it just wasn't happening.)
Ok first of all
CJK is literally the WORST Up-B. The spike is not worth going for, the recovery distance is literally worse than little mac, and to top it off new players Spam it Out of shield but it is extremely baitable, hitting only above the shield. All you have to do is poke gunner's shield from the side to bait it out then get a free punish into an off stage situation and gunner dies.
It is MUCH better, especially if you are NEW to gunner to use Arm Rocket.
Second of all,
Fsmash has a LOT of endlag and if your opponent's learn to hold shield, is extremely punishable. That being said it still lasts a long time and has really good range so its really good for punishing rolls and tech chases. Thats about it however.

Third
Im gonna teach you what set to use. The "best set" is really what fits your playstyle to most.
You can use really any set you want, but the 3 most used sets are:
113X (Charge Blast / Flame Pillar / Arm Rocket / anything)
333X (Grenade Launch / Miissiles / Arm Rocket / anything)
133X (Charge Blast / Miissiles / Arm Rocket / anything)

notice that the down- b can be pretty much anyting you want. The most usable one out of the three down-b's is Bomb drop, since it claims a space as yours, and can link into combos. But the other Down-Bs can be used or sometimes necessary for some matchups. Vortex is NEEDED vs Snake, Reflector vs any Zoner, ect. Vortex is a really big and decently fast hitbox, good for OoS, or as a generic Get-off-me tool. Reflector is shine with more endlag, can be used to break combos, but its a lot smaller than vortex.
113X is the most aggressive set out of the 3, with Flame pillar to stuff out approaches to go in yourself, and charge shot to punish pretty much anything. This set also has the most synergy with bomb drop, as it helps corner people and trap them in place. Also, to be noted: Flame Pillar short hop Charge shot is a kill confirm on the entire cast, but the jump hight of when to release Charge Blast varies depending on the character (most can be caught with a short hop Charge blast however)
333X is by far the most campy set, with Miissiles to stuff out approaches and win the neutral state, and then you can literally spam grenades to take stocks once you hit advantage. Grenades are something like +10 on shield so if your opponent shields one its a free grab. To cover most if not all ledge options by spamming Nades, you stand right before the center circle on Final destination, so that the grenades barely make it over the ledge and explode under the ledge.
133X is a mixture of both, being able to camp people out, but also have the pressure of having a pocket nuke at the expense of not being able to ledge trap nearly as well as the other sets. That being said, out of the 3 in my opinion 133X has the strongest neutral state, being able to charge the Charge blast while keeping them at bay to apply pressure. Also, to be noted: Weak Miissile can combo into Charge shot however it is much more stricter than Flame piller into charge shot percentagewize.

Last edited:

TennisBall

Smash Journeyman
Ok first of all
CJK is literally the WORST Up-B. The spike is not worth going for, the recovery distance is literally worse than little mac, and to top it off new players Spam it Out of shield but it is extremely baitable, hitting only above the shield. All you have to do is poke gunner's shield from the side to bait it out then get a free punish into an off stage situation and gunner dies.
It is MUCH better, especially if you are NEW to gunner to use Arm Rocket.
Second of all,
Fsmash has a LOT of endlag and if your opponent's learn to hold shield, is extremely punishable. That being said it still lasts a long time and has really good range so its really good for punishing rolls and tech chases. Thats about it however.

Third
Im gonna teach you what set to use. The "best set" is really what fits your playstyle to most.
You can use really any set you want, but the 3 most used sets are:
113X (Charge Blast / Flame Pillar / Arm Rocket / anything)
333X (Grenade Launch / Miissiles / Arm Rocket / anything)
133X (Charge Blast / Miissiles / Arm Rocket / anything)

notice that the down- b can be pretty much anyting you want. The most usable one out of the three down-b's is Bomb drop, since it claims a space as yours, and can link into combos. But the other Down-Bs can be used or sometimes necessary for some matchups. Vortex is NEEDED vs Snake, Reflector vs any Zoner, ect. Vortex is a really big and decently fast hitbox, good for OoS, or as a generic Get-off-me tool. Reflector is shine with more endlag, can be used to break combos, but its a lot smaller than vortex.
113X is the most aggressive set out of the 3, with Flame pillar to stuff out approaches to go in yourself, and charge shot to punish pretty much anything. This set also has the most synergy with bomb drop, as it helps corner people and trap them in place. Also, to be noted: Flame Pillar short hop Charge shot is a kill confirm on the entire cast, but the jump hight of when to release Charge Blast varies depending on the character (most can be caught with a short hop Charge blast however)
333X is by far the most campy set, with Miissiles to stuff out approaches and win the neutral state, and then you can literally spam grenades to take stocks once you hit advantage. Grenades are something like +10 on shield so if your opponent shields one its a free grab. To cover most if not all ledge options by spamming Nades, you stand right before the center circle on Final destination, so that the grenades barely make it over the ledge and explode under the ledge.
133X is a mixture of both, being able to camp people out, but also have the pressure of having a pocket nuke at the expense of not being able to ledge trap nearly as well as the other sets. That being said, out of the 3 in my opinion 133X has the strongest neutral state, being able to charge the Charge blast while keeping them at bay to apply pressure. Also, to be noted: Weak Miissile can combo into Charge shot however it is much more stricter than Flame piller into charge shot percentagewize.
ok.
I still like CJK though

Last edited:

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
Question; is anyone else hoping for a __ significant buff __ to __ ( Mii Gunner )?

1FC0

Smash Lord
Question; is anyone else hoping for a __ significant buff __ to __ ( Mii Gunner )?
As for me: not particularly. He seems to be pretty good as it is. I do not want him to be overpowered.

Last edited:
Top Bottom