• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mii Gunner Potential Jab. Lock

Frobro

Smash Rookie
I was labbing today and saw that an uncharge aura-sphere initiate a jab lock. So I figured maybe mii gunner's charge shot could to. It does!

The best way to see this is to go into training and get a cpu mario to like 28%. Have a slightly charged shot.You'll just need to try it until you find the right threshold. Too small and it travels to slow to reach the opponent in time. Too big and it won't jab lock.

I suggest using F-throw; while it can be jumped out of and teched upon landing, it is the best move I've found. Someone unfamiliar with gunner, will not be ready for the tight window they have to jump out or tech it.

Just F-Throw into slight charged Charge Shot. I have yet to find a move that can extend the lock.(please help and see if you can find something) I find that the best ways to end the jab lock are U-Smash or Canon Uppercut(custom special 2)

Discuss, perhaps you can find somethings I didn't.

PogChamp Advance the Mii Gunner Meta! Kreygasm

Djmarcus44

Smash Journeyman
AzuraSarah posted this jab lock in the "Jab Lock/Reset" options thread. I am glad you are able to get it on lighter characters though. I think dash attack to fair to forward smash might also be a good follow up.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
If your foe is dumb enough to sit there in prone for long enough, a homing Gunner Missile can also initiate a lock. Not going to happen against any remotely competent opponent most of the time, but maybe if they miss a tech when landing on a higher platform…?

Saltyman

I'm Already Dead Inside
NNID
JustAnotherNoob
Gunner can definitely jab lock with Missiles.. You don't always need platforms, Grenade Launch can set it up with good timing.

Top Bottom