• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mii Brawler Optimization Thread

Mii Brawler has an extensive amount of options on hand as is. But, just as the floodgates begin to open on custom moves and sizes, several players are finding ways to optimize Mii performance to fit specific playstyles. Since there have been so many styles being created as of late, and since there is no thread that explicitly does this, I made this one.

(If it exists, tell me where it is please, I don't want two of these floating around)

Here's the optimization that I use in tournament when legal.
Height- 1/2, Weight- 1/4
Set- 1323 (Shot Put, Headache Maker, Helicopter Kick, Foot Flurry)
Summary- Midspeed All-Around
Description- Shot Put is a projectile to allow spacing, Headache Maker is both a dodging move and a very fast interruptor (and sometimes recovery), Helicopter Kick isn't good recovery vertically but is one of the best finishers in the game, and Foot Flurry covers a lot of ground and puts pressure against the opponent. Speed, defense, and power are all present in this set.

HermitHelmet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hermit_Helmet1
That's nowhere near optimal at all lol, and sets are MU dependant.

Generally, your best would be 0/0 Height/Weight and 2122.

wizrad

Smash Journeyman
NNID
nin10L3ro
3DS FC
4871-4875-5333
I wouldn't be so quick to write off taller Miis, Brawler does have a range problem. But you should definitely always be the smallest weight, if possible. Th extra mobility is much more useful than the extra hitstun. As for moves, there's still some freedom:

Neutral B should either be Ultimate Uppercut or Shotput. UU is more generally useful to stuff approaches with armor and as an emergency kill option, and you can combo into it from a nair or the first hit of fair. Shotput should only be used in matchups against slow characters without projectiles or recoveries without hitboxes. It's also useful against Rosalina and Luma for separating them.

Side B doesn't really matter all that much, honestly. Onslaught is generally thought to be the best for its kill power, though.

Up B should be Helicopter Kick. I assume we all know why. Piston Punch is good on stages like BF, FD, and TC, though, so if you're facing a character that likes to go to those stages (like ZSS), you should consider it.

Down B should always, without exception be Feint Jump. It's just that good. With edge canceling, it gives us fantastic movement options, it aids our recovery tremendously, and it can true combo into Helicopter Kick when edge canceled to kill super early at the ledge. That's not to say Foot Flurry isn't good, Feint Jump is just our best move.

Good review, wizrad. I considered Feint Jump as well, but the other two can serve their purposes if one prefers a move of that type.
Oh, and the reason I use 1/4 weight is solely to slow him down. I can't play fast characters.

Another really ridiculous optimization that I made was a "total tank"- a 2222 full size. It's impressively strong and Helicopter Kick can KO as soon as 50% when placed just off stage.

HermitHelmet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hermit_Helmet1
Guest Miis are really the only viable ones out there if we're going to have to compromise for TOs.

wizrad

Smash Journeyman
NNID
nin10L3ro
3DS FC
4871-4875-5333
If you want to experiment with weights, 0/100 has some interesting applications with its combination of good mobility and great stun. So, basically, I was wrong when I said you should always be X/0.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I actually don't really like Small/lightweight. The hitstun actually is necessary for some of my combos. The jump length also creates issues for me. I actually used to run with short and fat and get my damage in while guaranteeing a KO out of grabs. But the reach of attack was so annoying, had to kick it up in height more towards medium.

2232 is my preferred moveset.

Top Bottom