• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mii Brawler Competitive Discussion Thread

Zackolot

Smash Rookie
I’ve been experimenting with Flashing Mach Punch recently. It’s got some weird air stalling and the active hitbox lingers for a bit. I’ve had a surprising amount of success catching airdodges with it after several uair juggles (opponent gets conditioned to dodge it, endlag lines up with the startup/active ftames of FMP) it’s hugely satisfying being able to convert juggles into a kill.

Outside of the changes their special moves bring, I guess the playstyle is pretty binary. Makes sense now why all the discussion has been on their special moves. ‍♂ I think it’d still be cool to talk about specific matchups but that might be worthy of a new thread.

Side note, anyone here with tournament experience, how much time have they given you to set up your mii? I imagine it’s “function over form”, default everything choose moves and name equals move numbers, but that beefcake flying man suit makes this character for me. I’d love to be able to rock it if I ever get to that level.
You can either ask the T.O. if you're allowed to customize costumes or just read their ruleset if the tournament is big enough. I played toad at an out of city tournament because I knew the T.O. and he wasn't biased against Miis. All of the other players in his city are but thankfully he isn't. As for changing movesets and such, frostbite had a rule that you could make 3 Mii customizations total, meaning you could have 3 different brawler sets or 1 set for each fighter.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
I'm like 90% sure thrust uppercut is brawler's best upspecial.

Frame 3 oos kill option around 140% (lower if it registers higher or rage) alleviates a lot of brawler's issues at higher percents.

Also, it combos off nair and dtilt at higher percents where brawler otherwise gets nothing. So nair/dtilt become kill confirms. (though a little narrow on percent window) Also works well with the tech chases enabled by feint kick and nair.

It does require feint kick to fix the recovery issue, but we kinda need that for zoners anyway.

Suplex is also pretty necessary. It's just, amazing. Essentially an OOS dash grab. Pretty crazy on a char with mobility like brawler. (It's also faster and lower than choke and alolan whip still)

It pairs so beautifully with dash attack and bair.

Last edited:
Top Bottom