• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest Smash Circuit - CHAMPIONSHIP POSTPONED - WARSAW, IN

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
MIDWEST SMASH CIRCUIT

This is the main thread to the new Midwest Smash Circuit, which is aimed to bring together the Midwest's best. Instead of all these separate groups, it's time to combine them. Who wants to be separate anyway? The first event will start in late November and the circuit will run all the way through June when the championships will be held.

We will be holding both Brawl singles and doubles. There will also be various side tournaments in which the TO's will decide on their own to enhance the tournament scene.

SmashWiki Article: http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Midwest_Smash_Circuit_(Brawl)

Circuit Schedule
The Entire Midwest FULL Circuit Area (Estimates)
MSC Venue Locations on Google Maps

Event #1 (November 28th/29th) - PARMA HEIGHTS, OH (hosted by Coheed and Cambria) - RESULTS - COMPLETED!

Event #2 (December 19th) - LAWRENCE (INDIANAPOLIS), IN (hosted by TheBlueBlade/Vamp) - RESULTS - COMPLETED!

Event #3 (January 9th) - MOUNT ETNA, IN (hosted by XeroXen) - CANCELED

Event #4 (February 6th) - ANN ARBOR, MI (hosted by SCOTU/Ankoku) - RESULTS - COMPLETED!

Event #5 (March 27th) - WINTHROP HARBOR, IL (hosted by Devildigimon) - Results TBP - COMPLETED!

Event #6 (April 24th) - INDIANAPOLIS, IN (hosted by Renegade/TheBlueBlade) - RESULTS - COMPLETED!

Event #7 (May 15th) - SPRINGFIELD, OH (hosted by Nope/RipN) - RESULTS - COMPLETED!

Championship (PPD) - WARSAW, IN (hosted by TheBlueBlade)

Points Distribution

Singles:
1st - 50
2nd - 30
3rd - 20
4th - 15
5th/7th - 10
9th/13th - 5
17th - 2
<17th - 1

** MUST MAKE IT OUT OF POOLS TO QUALIFY FOR POINTS **

Doubles:
1st - 30
2nd - 20
3rd - 15
4th - 10
5th - 7
7th - 4
9th - 2

Payout Distribution

Singles:
1st - 48%
2nd - 22%
3rd - 14%
4th - 8%
5th - 4% each (usually 2 players)

Doubles:
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

Circuit Cut from each event: 15%

Circuit Standings
REGULAR SEASON COMPLETE

Singles
1 - Mew2King - 125

2 - Krystedez - 85

3 - Shugo - 70

4 - Renegade - 65

5 - Judge - 55

6 – Lain – 50

7 - YBM - 40

8 - Blue Rogue – 35
Kel - 35
Infern - 35
Count - 35

12 - Overswarm - 30

13 - Arty - 25

14 – Anther – 20
Nope - 20

16 – Dingdong – 15
King Beef – 15
Avarice - 15

19 - Xero - 12
Sovereign – 12

21 - Composer - 11

22 – Boxxy – 10
IThrowThings - 10
L Cancel – 10
SamuraiPanda – 10
King Yoshi – 10
Lou - 10
Fonz - 10
Chewy - 10
Champ - 10
Hunger - 10
MN Moe - 10
Kain - 10
Nappy - 10
Ook - 10
Braxton - 10
Vetona - 10

38 – What’s The Point - 7
Argent - 7

40 - Calebyte - 6
RogueBlades - 6

42 – TheBlueBlade - 5
Be@st - 5
Fizzle - 5
Mr. E - 5
SneakyTako - 5
Champ - 5
Themann – 5
Hot Arms - 5
Rofa – 5
Ankoku – 5
Sauce Boss – 5
Xtacyfalco - 5
BBoy - 5
Sil - 5
Glov - 5
Ripple - 5
Wakka - 5
Hilt - 5
Zozefup - 5
Tactical - 5
Judo - 5
Quik - 5
Triple R - 5
Akashi - 5
YoshQ - 5
Fatboy - 5
Sago - 5
Ducky - 5

70 - DLA - 4
Links24 - 4

72 – Toph – 2
King - 2
PeppyWil - 2
Andre – 2
Soigreg – 2
fZk – 2
Iris – 2
Omniswell – 2
BigDaddy – 2
Alus - 2
Sera - 2
Impp – 2
Suyon - 2
Froundaman - 2
Newbreeze - 2
Falco400 - 2
Vamp - 2
Sothe - 2
Crash - 2
Rob Gambino - 2
Excel - 2
Oranos - 2
Grimace - 2
Swani - 2
Loki - 2
Ankoku - 2
Kennispam - 2
MagicJosh - 2
Meneil - 2

102 – Spirit – 1
Ham Enterprises – 1
JSA – 1
Goddy – 1
Meow – 1
DJBXZ – 1
Fried Jelly Walnut – 1
Vertical Horizon – 1
SoleCalibur - 1
Yaphet - 1
Quartez - 1
Wams - 1
Malachi - 1
IkeKillsAll - 1
Dart - 1
LoZ - 1
Mayling - 1
Rage - 1
ComradeSnake - 1
Frfly - 1
LesGoldrock - 1
Dragmire - 1
Folk - 1
Corms- 1
Red Ryu - 1
Gadiel_VaStar - 1
Kouse - 1
Tony - 1

Doubles ($74 in circuit pot)
1 - Blue Rogue & Mew2King - 30 pts
YBM & Kel - 30 pts

3 - Lain & Judge - 20 pts
Renegade & Infern - 20 pts

5 - Nope & Lou - 19 pts

6 - Capem & Fonz - 15 pts

7 - Fonz & Sil - 10 pts
Zozefup & Chewy - 10 pts

9 - ArgentStew & Falco400 - 7 pts
BBoy & KB - 7 pts
Ook & Ripple - 7 pts

12 - King Yoshi & What's The Point - 4 pts
IThrowThings & Suyon - 4 pts
Count - 4 pts
Champ & Warfie - 4 pts
Hilt & Arty - 4 pts

17 - SoleCalibur & XtacyFalco - 2 pts
Crash & Judo - 2 pts
LoZ & Composer - 2 pts
Oranos & Dart - 2 pts
Wakka & Sil - 2 pts

Rules of the Circuit

As far as the game goes, were gonna stick by the SBR. Check the threads for the rules. Venue rules will also be decided upon the TO.

Tournament Organizer Information

* ALL SLOTS FOR THIS SEASON HAVE BEEN FILLED!

If you would like to host next season (starting September 2010), feel free to send me a PM or message me on AIM.

Questions?

PM or message me on AIM!

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Hey could you change the "Steve's Apartment Tournament" to it's new edited title "Northeast Ohio Presents [S.A.B]"?

Thanks in advance. :)

Edit: Good **** on starting a different MW circuit. You da man.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Any chance you guys would wanna go with the payout for doubles in the Ohio circuit? 55-30-15. Or at least allow the tournament on the 28th to conform to that since coheed already said it would be good for the ohio circuit?

Regardless, this looks interesting, and I'm hoping one of the events is a dual MI-MSC event so that I can get points in both those areas (or is the MI circuit merging with this?).

EDIT: sticks!

DOUBLE EDIT: I hope this doesn't turn into a MW civil war...

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Any chance you guys would wanna go with the payout for doubles in the Ohio circuit? 55-30-15. Or at least allow the tournament on the 28th to conform to that since coheed already said it would be good for the ohio circuit?

Regardless, this looks interesting, and I'm hoping one of the events is a dual MI-MSC event so that I can get points in both those areas (or is the MI circuit merging with this?).

EDIT: sticks!

DOUBLE EDIT: I hope this doesn't turn into a MW civil war...
I'm gonna host one of these, but atm, I'm pretty sure it isn't gonna also be a LoLiS tourney (unless I went hellahardcore and had that event be a Midwest Melee Circuit Event too).

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Smash Ace
AZ Im gonna follow the Doubles rules of the Ohio Circuit since it was a ohio circuit first. Im sure that wont be too big of a deal. What a great way to kick off the Best MWC we got a OC and MWC event :)

Just so everyone Knows even if alot of people show and It takes awhile to get thru the tournament it doesnt matter their are no time constrants at all and Housing is available for those who are too tired to drive :D

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
WOOT good **** man
im prolly gonna go to events 2 and 4
i also like how there is one a month.
really improves my chances of attending most of them

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
From the events listed, I will be able to make a few of them! Should be fun. Ill try to go to these with some Chicago peeps!

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I agree with Lou. As long as this doesn't lead to a competition between circuits, that is. I know you're doing this with best intentions though, TBB. I'm interested in how this is going to turn out though.

A lot of this looks too out of the way for us, though, other than maybe the Indianapolis tournaments and such.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
So I notice the farthest I have to travel is 5 hours and that's to Michigan and Ohio and both are on just 1 straight route to either one, either all I-94 for Michigan or all I-90 for Ohio. Heck even the Indy tourney is all I-65. I might be able to make more than just a couple events! I'll make sure to bring some locals with me! ^_^

Airborne

Smash Lord
hmmm... not sure if i can go... =\
NEOH seems quite the distance, and i'm not sure how many tournaments i can go to this semester...

i will consult sammy (exile), who will not make up his **** mind on who he wants to even use...

What's The Point

Smash Master
Hilt, I had contacted Mayling to get a Kentucky event, but no response. I don't know TOs from Kentucky, but if some one knows one who would like to host, tell them to post.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Hilt, I had contacted Mayling to get a Kentucky event, but no response. I don't know TOs from Kentucky, but if some one knows one who would like to host, tell them to post.
I don't know how interested the Kentucky TOs will be, to be honest. I know I, myself, am sticking to Overswarm's circuit, so my events will be a part of that. And Xisin, mayling, and myself (the three KY TOs) are actually running the next event for that circuit. But if you would like to contact them anyways, since you've already messaged Mayling about it, Xisin is the only other TO from Kentucky.

However, if there are any tournaments reasonably nearby, that do not conflict with the other Midwest Circuit, I will be happy to attend.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
I dunno if I should accept distance johns, including that Kansas DID drive out for a circuit event back in January... but they are quite understandable.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
This is the midwest. There will always be distance johns no matter where you put the event at so I wouldn't worry too much about it. There will be better locations however but someone will always complain about distance... It's that whole "we're too spread out." thing.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Pierce said it well: "A whole lotta people up north, a whole lotta people down south, and a bunch of space for no reason in the middle". That's pretty much Ohio.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
This looks great. I'll try to attend what events I can... if I can. I also agree with AZ, I like his payout formula. I don't see why we shouldn't at least try paying out to top 5. Seems like it would help more than it would hurt.

Teh Future

Smash Master
WHAT ARE THESE YOSHI JOHNS!!!!111

Yoshi = top tier

Yoshi ***** diddy :D

(until diddy hits downB)

Still, Yoshi can dance much better....

Airborne

Smash Lord
WHAT ARE THESE YOSHI JOHNS!!!!111

Yoshi = top tier

Yoshi ***** diddy :D

(until diddy hits downB)

Still, Yoshi can dance much better....
lolz, future... too gud.

edit: also, i fully support this circuit because it's midwest, but i'm not sure how big of a deal the distance will be. =\
kentucky is just too far on the edge of the region...

Top Bottom