• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midnight Ops Mafia: Game Thread. Game Over!

Chaco

Never Logs In
most of them was kinda obvious to me from the very beginning tho

yall could've asked for the role PMs like I did all the way back to D1 too
so that's kinda on yall
I looked through them. But there are distinct answers that are left unclear without asking for clarification due to the massively numerous amount of variants. This is a standard variant. But to be honest, standard variant traitor is rare.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
That’s not game throwing though, it’s self preservation. Unbeknownst to them they would have an additional number, but then again they could know, we just don’t know. However, if you bus as regular scum, you bus as traitor. I’ve won many games bussing as scum because it can be necessity. Sure there are times when you wouldn’t want to, but D1 is pretty clear FF wagon or your own. Go against Fonti spearhead? Doubtful.
Nah man. If you bus one of your members when there is a 2/3 chance they are a PR, you weren't even in a situation where you had to bus, and the scumteam doesn't know who you are so they could night kill you at anytime, you are game throwing.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
TRAITOR CANT WIN IF THE SCUM TEAM IS DEAD.

TRAITOR CAN WIN IF HE/SHE is DEAD AND THE SCUM TEAM IS ALIVE
Again your are purposely ignoring the point.

“TRAITORS WINS WHEN A MAJORITY OF SCUM OUTWEIGHS TOWN”

so tell me again how busing one of 3 teammates( confirmed by OP) leaves you without a win con?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC

so tell me again how busing one of 3 teammates( confirmed by OP) leaves you without a win con?
Read the post above yours.

Also tell me why I would retract the chocolate claim.

ExLight

Smash Lord
top 3, 1 traitor and 2 town
traitor gets town lynched
1 traitor and 1 town
traitor can't night kill
ends in draw

ExLight

Smash Lord
that's prolly the main point
mafia can only draw if only traitor remains, so they're like the lowest priority possible

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Read the post above yours.

Also tell me why I would retract the chocolate claim.
I give you that that is a fair point. But once again FF was going down fast. If you didn’t join the wagon, you of all people would stick out due to your experience.

There was no not joining a wagon option.

And why retract chocolate?

why fake cop checks?

The answer? Because your a mystery, you big and bold plays that you hope can help you in some fashion. There isn’t a need to understand when your previous game history has had similar things occur.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Z you made a strategic error. I would have defended you all the way to endgame.
Yes because this is how a town players speaks to other users.
top 3, 1 traitor and 2 town
traitor gets town lynched
1 traitor and 1 town
traitor can't night kill
ends in draw
There’s also a possibility one of both scum are alive with traitor. So it’s not a sure thing he would lose.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I give you that that is a fair point. But once again FF was going down fast. If you didn’t join the wagon, you of all people would stick out due to your experience.

There was no not joining a wagon option.

And why retract chocolate?

why fake cop checks?

The answer? Because your a mystery, you big and bold plays that you hope can help you in some fashion. There isn’t a need to understand when your previous game history has had similar things occur.
I was the one driving the votes to FF: You, Mala, and Laser all voted FF because I prodded you to do so. So no, he wasn't going down fast. He only went down because of the power of justice.

So you don't have an actual answer for why I would claim chocolate. There was obviously a clear reason why I had a fake cop check, which was to out you as scum. There's nothing mysterious about it. Tell me the scum motivation for retracting the chocolate claim.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Like you can’t sit here and tell me town Zen makes that statement

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I was the one driving the votes to FF: You, Mala, and Laser all voted FF because I prodded you to do so. So no, he wasn't going down fast. He only went down because of the power of justice.

So you don't have an actual answer for why I would claim chocolate. There was obviously a clear reason why I had a fake cop check, which was to out you as scum. There's nothing mysterious about it. Tell me the scum motivation for retracting the chocolate claim.
You didn’t even just out me though, you lied about town clearing a slot. That was a big issue when you were cop.

So why do that? Answer me that. You can say I don’t have a proper answer, but not everything does, that’s life.

But again why retract it?

Because of potential slips by other players that they are prs.

If the numbers didn’t add up, you would throw townies off their game and even scum. Having your claim when other claims coming forward later, could completely mess up the game. Which if your town, you don’t want town to get confused when thinking over elements like the ninja shots.

If your scum, your mates will know someone is lying but won’t know who the real traitor is potentially killing you if you are.

Your claim could help you out regardless of your side if you retracted it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Even if you are traitor, there are better targets in Rajam and Boom. I’d still rather the former however.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Z25 Z25 xivii is right. If they don't bus as full scum they don't bus as traitor. So if you think xivii doesn't bus then you aren't making sense here. Xivii Xivii Z is making a tactical error if they are scum. But there's not real support for a Xivii yeet today, so this seems more likely town-Z tunneling. Because this is really bad play for Z unless Z25 and Rajam are scummates. This is probably TvsT.

It is cathartic to watch Xivii get his ass chewed for all the stress he's cause me though. Although, I think by the end of the game it will turn out his shenanigans net helped town.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Z25 Z25 xivii is right. If they don't bus as full scum they don't bus as traitor. So if you think xivii doesn't bus then you aren't making sense here. Xivii Xivii Z is making a tactical error if they are scum. But there's not real support for a Xivii yeet today, so this seems more likely town-Z tunneling. Because this is really bad play for Z unless Z25 and Rajam are scummates. This is probably TvsT.

It is cathartic to watch Xivii get his ass chewed for all the stress he's cause me though. Although, I think by the end of the game it will turn out his shenanigans net helped town.
What makes you think he wouldn’t if he’s not actually on their team?

Also this post comes off as you trying to gain points with both of us, Especially when Zen just voted you.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ok but what does that mean? You think Boom is clearing us or misdirecting?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
What makes you think he wouldn’t if he’s not actually on their team?
Traitor Xivii is actually on FF's team and knew FF is scum. Traitor xivii needs scum to get majority and keeping FF alive is VERY helpful to that goal. Just like scummates normally want to keep eachother alive. Traitor IS on the mafia team. The mafia don't know it, but the traitor knows it.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
This is super fun, but I gtg. I've got stuff to do tonight. I'll see if I can get on before bed, but no promises.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I'm going to go read a book.

No one executes anyone without Fonti's order.

However, everyone should give Chaco a reread and join me

Chaco

Never Logs In
No it isn't. Standard is an antonym of rare. Does no one see that Chaco is just making stuff up for chaos's sake?
Dude I’ve never been in a game with a standard traitor til now and I’ve played 30 games probably. Maybe 6 have had traitors of differing variants.

How is that chaos if that’s what I’ve experienced? Standard doesn’t mean commonly used. It means it is the plain version of the role.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Traitor Xivii is actually on FF's team and knew FF is scum. Traitor xivii needs scum to get majority and keeping FF alive is VERY helpful to that goal. Just like scummates normally want to keep eachother alive. Traitor IS on the mafia team. The mafia don't know it, but the traitor knows it.
So then you must believe that one of these are the traitor:
[3] LaserGuy: NonSpecificGuy, Jackrito, ExLight
[2] Xivii: BoomFrog, Chaco
[1] ExLight: #HBC | FrozenFlame

I would wager traitor was more on the ff wagon then we think. Regardless what do you think of it?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
You said you think Raj is gonna flip town so may as well join me
Raj is still way more likely to flip scum then Chaco is. Chaco... no offence... has a bad grasp of mechanical strategy, but their gut that you are not trustworthy isn't wrong.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
I'm so lost. I think I'm about to do a reread to get a feel for all of the slots left. I still don't think Xivii is the play though. Maybe later, and I still don't understand the purpose of the fake claim or the retraction, but I still think he's town for now

Trisscar

Smash Ace
And as a PR you always confirm for confirmations sake. A new player might not have targeted you, but you’d have been targeted all the same.
So when Xivii continues on down this path and you’re telling me he wouldn’t be suss later in game and not get targeted when the role could not even exist? Regardless of what it comes back it’s information to the former or positive.
Now time to read the 2 pages worth of content this must have spawned
I’ll pose this question then.

What does town zen get from saying he lied when if he’s town he would be set for the whole game now with not counter to his claim.

The answer nothing, it looks bad.

But role would have an advantage here?

A traitor. They could cause paranoia and set up their lunch to derail town.
I think so. Very few viable wagons, the alternative was in himself. Both go against wincon, but one self preserves because other scum don’t know he’s scum. So he muddies enough to survive.

To the top, his best post from town perspective was to never unclaim if he’s truly town. Cause all he did was take a **** on town doing so.
I would. Cause your wincon is scum majority. If you did as traitor you don’t win with mafia. Vice verse is still a win.
If you bus your teammate as traitor, you're game throwing simple as that. I never use that term for anything other than it's legitimate use. People often say it whenever they disagree with someone about their play or someone makes a bad play, but you would genuinely be game throwing in this case.

No it isn't. Standard is an antonym of rare. Does no one see that Chaco is just making stuff up for chaos's sake?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
So then you must believe that one of these are the traitor:
[3] LaserGuy: NonSpecificGuy, Jackrito, ExLight
[2] Xivii: BoomFrog, Chaco
[1] ExLight: #HBC | FrozenFlame

I would wager traitor was more on the ff wagon then we think. Regardless what do you think of it?
I'm not saying traitor can't bus. I'm saying traitor bussing is bussing and you said Xivii doesn't bus.

Chaco

Never Logs In
The traitor is defined by the mod. So saying that there was prior confusion is a means to start chaos? I can’t with you dude.
Raj is still way more likely to flip scum then Chaco is. Chaco... no offence... has a bad grasp of mechanical strategy, but their gut that you are not trustworthy isn't wrong.
No offense taken. Haven’t played in 6-7 years, so obviously my mechanics are gonna be terribly rusty.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
....... Bad logic in many places.
Scum thoughts are now:
Boomfrog
Chaco
Z25
Rajam

Still not sure what the whole fronting and weird drunkposting stuff is Exlight. I'm not scumreadin you because of it, but if it's what I think it is, you should relax a bit mate.

Chaco

Never Logs In
So now we have literally disbanded Lynch pool and jumped overboard. Xivii applause for completely derailing.

Top Bottom