• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midnight Ops Mafia: Game Thread. Game Over!

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
"Hello again! I'm your host Utopian!"

"And I'm your host Poyzin!"

"Together, we will be emceeing the happenings in the town of Degamesia."

"Yessir! We have finally put aside our differences and will be detailing the story of the fierce battle between the Masons and the Mafia as they cause pandemonium among the residents."

"...but wait... how do you even know if there will be pandemonium if all of the residents are still alive and well? Heck, you're TALKING to them for crying out--"

"Hush. I'm trying to set the mood. They already know where they stand and what their alignments are!"

"Very well. I think it would at least be helpful if we can reiterate the rules and setup information."

Town:
[1] Tracker Mason
[1] Voyeur Mason
[1] Neapolitan

[0-1] Visitor
[0-1] Chocolate

[4-7] Vanilla

Mafia:
[1] Odd-Night Roleblocker
[1] Even-Night Rolecop
[1] Goon

(0-3 shot Ninja as a faction)

[0-1] Traitor

Rules:
1. No personal attacks against any of the players or the mods.
2. No editing posts. Double posting is fine if you need to make a correction.
3. No quoting any of the mod or factional communication of any kind into the game thread. Paraphrase if need be.
4. No screenshots of any kind.
5. Once you are dead, you can no longer post in the game thread, with one exception.
5.5. You can have a “death post”, but use common sense and don’t say anything that would influence the game.
6. No talking about the game with players who are dead or those who are not playing.
7. No talking about the game anywhere outside of this game thread.
8. Factional communication (mafiatalk, masontalk) is restricted to the night phase only, so faction talking is not allowed during the day. Factional communication is allowed at all times.
9. No hidden codes, messages, or other text that cannot easily be read. This is includes posting in other languages.
10. Enjoy yourself while playing the game. It's a g-a-m-e.
11. Don't break the rules. Or else I'm gonna have to break you do something that may involve you being warned or modkilled, depending on how it affects the gamestate.

Other Information:
1. The first Day phase will last 7 full days, and night phases will last 2 full days. Every subsequent Day phase will last 5 full days.
2. Only bolded votes will be recorded. (Ex. Vote: Ryker, Unvote)
3. You can vote for a No Lynch. (Ex. Vote: No Lynch)
4. The hammer to end the day phase is met when over 50% of the town votes to lynch one player. In other words, a majority.
4.5.1 If the hammer is not met before the end of the day phase, then the player with the most votes is lynched.
4.5.2 If there is a tie for the most votes when the day phase ends, then a No Lynch occurs.
5. Prods WILL be issued for not posting in 24 hours. Players with 3 prods will be replaced.

Game Moderators:
1. UtopianPoyzin

Player List:
1. 3DSNinja* / Z25
2. Jackrito / Rajam
3. Trisscar
4. Fontisian
5. #HBC | FrozeηFlame
6. Chaco
7. Somitomi* / ExLight
8. Darkpit54
9. Raxxel* / Malakandra
10. BoomFrog
11. Xivii
12. LaserGuy
13. NonSpecificGuy**

(Prods are denoted with asterisks)

Replacements:
14. Z25
15. Osieorb16
16. Malakandra
17. Rajam

Spectators:
0: Spak
0: #HBC | Marshy
0: Ranmaru
0: You?

Tracker Mason
  • Welcome, [Player Name]. You are the Tracker Mason.
Abilities:
  • Private communication: You may talk with your partner [Player Name], the Voyeur Mason, at any time here [Conversation link].
  • Track: Each night, you may check a player to learn who that player targeted, but not what action they used.
Win condition:
  • You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Voyeur Mason
  • Welcome, [Player Name]. You are the Voyeur Mason.
Abilities:
  • Private communication: You may talk with your partner [Player Name], the Tracker Mason, at any time here [Conversation link].
  • Voyeur: Each night, you may check a player to learn what actions were performed on your target, but not by whom.
Win condition:
  • You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Neapolitan
  • Welcome, [Player Name]. You are the Neapolitan.
Abilities:
  • Investigate: Each night, you may investigate a player; you will be told whether or not that player is a vanilla townie.
Win condition:

Vanilla Townie
  • Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Vanilla Townie.
Abilities:
  • Your weapon is your vote, you have no night actions.
Win condition:

-----------------

Town Visitor
  • Welcome, [Player Name]. You are the Town Visitor.
Abilities:
  • Visit: Each night, you may visit a player. This action can be detected by the Tracker or Voyeur, but has no effect on the target.
Win condition:

Chocolate Townie
  • Welcome, [Player Name]. You are the Chocolate Townie.
Abilities:
Win condition:

Mafia Odd-Night Roleblocker
  • Welcome, [Player Name]. You are the Odd-Night Roleblocker, and are a member of the mafia faction along with your partners [Player Name] and [Player Name].
Abilities:
  • Factional communication: You may talk with your partners at any time here [Conversation link].
  • Factional kill: Each night phase, you or one of your partners may perform a nightkill.
  • Roleblock: If you are not committing the nightkill, you may instead select a player to roleblock on odd nights; that player will not be able to perform their night action.
  • Ninja: You and your partners may choose to make your night action be undetectable by the Tracker and Voyeur. This ability may only be used [xxxxxx] times for your faction.
Win condition: You win when at least half of the living players are mafia, or when nothing can prevent this from happening.

Mafia Even-Night Rolecop
  • Welcome, [Player Name]. You are the Even-Night Rolecop, and are a member of the mafia faction along with your partners [Player Name] and [Player Name].
Abilities:
  • Factional communication: You may talk with your partners at any time here [Conversation link].
  • Factional kill: Each night phase, you or one of your partners may perform a nightkill.
  • Investigate: If you are not committing the nightkill, you may instead select a player to investigate on even nights; you will be informed of that player's full role and alignment.
  • Ninja: You and your partners may choose to make your night action be undetectable by the Tracker and Voyeur. This ability may only be used [xxxxxx] times for your faction.
Win condition: You win when at least half of the living players are mafia, or when nothing can prevent this from happening.

Mafia Goon
  • Welcome, [Player Name]. You are the Goon, and are a member of the mafia faction along with your partners [Player Name] and [Player Name].
Abilities:

-----------------

Mafia Traitor
  • Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Mafia Traitor. You are aware that the rest of the mafia faction is made up of [Player Name], [Player Name] and [Player Name], but they are unaware of your existence.
Abilities:

Day 1: #HBC | FrozenFlame was lynched. They were the Mafia Odd-Night Roleblocker.
Night 1: NonSpecificGuy was killed. They were the Town Neapolitan.
Day 2: BoomFrog was lynched. They were a Vanilla Townie.
Night 2: Fontisian was killed. They were the Town Visitor.
Day 3: Rajam was lynched. They were a Vanilla Townie.
Night 3: Trisscar was killed. They were the Town Tracker Mason.
Day 4: Malakandra was lynched. They were the Mafia Even-Night Rolecop.
Night 4: Xivii was killed. They were the Town Voyeur Mason.
Day 5: LaserGuy was lynched. They were the Mafia Goon.
Day 5: Z25, Chaco, ExLight, Darkpit54 survive until endgame. Town Wins.

"Alright. That should be beneficial in the long run."

"Hopefully town remembers that the amount of Ninja shots that the mafia have are directly dependent on the presence of the semi-open aspects."

"Hey! You shouldn't be giving town pointers!"

"Well, it WAS part of the setup information, and you already know that I'm biased in favor of town..."

"Yeah... well... too bad! I want the mafia to win; go scum!"

"This is not going to end well if I have to keep dealing with you."

"Whatever. In any case, Day 1 will begin when 11/13 have confirmed in their Role PM. Current status: [11/11].

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
“Did we really just hit the required amount of confirms? You know what this means, right?”

“Yep! The game is on!”

“...”

“What’s the matter? Scared that you’re supporting the wrong side?”

“Not particularly, but the rules clearly state that Day 1 will be 7 full days, which would put the end of the phase on the 4th of July.”

“Hm, that could be problematic. I’ll throw you a bone; if 7/13 people request a day extension, the deadline will be increased by 24 hours.”

“That seems fair. It’ll give people an extra day to work with so the phase end is not interfering with a holiday.”

“With that being said, good luck mafia!”

“And better luck town!”

“Hey, why do you get the last word?”

“Because.”

Day 1 begins. Day 1 ends on July 4th at 8 PM EST.

Vote Count 1.01

Not voting: 3DSNinja, Jackrito, Trisscar, Fontisian, #HBC | FrozenFlame, Chaco, Somitomi, Darkpit54, Raxxel, BoomFrog, Xivii, LaserGuy, NonSpecificGuy​

Last edited:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
3DSNinja - town (probability)
Jackrito - scum (number 2 slot)
Trisscar - town (number 3 slot)
Fontisian - town (process of elimination)
#HBC | FrozeηFlame - town (hasn't confirmed which is a town tell)
Chaco - scum (lurking)
Somitomi - town (playing to his meta)
Darkpit54 - scum (frozen)
Raxxel - town (meta)
BoomFrog - (hasn't confirmed which is a scum tell)
Xivii - town (first to post)
LaserGuy - town (isn't online but has confirmed which means eagerly confirmed early)

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Vote: BoomFrog

If their name suggests anything, it's that they're a frog and they're going to explode, which isn't very town imo.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Which one of you ****ers is Dirty Dan

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Raxxel Raxxel what's your game plan

NSG what's your mafia experience and if you were scum who would your mates be
Don't have one as of yet.

If I'm thinking on the fly though, I think with this many people I've never played with before, it's best if I try and draw out as much interaction as possible from them to gauge their personalities and playstyles. So, pretty much the standard asking of questions in regards to early reads, reactions to being in certain scenarios, etc.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I’ve played a couple games. I know there’s always specific town roles people want to find out first too. Like the “cop” or investigator for example.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Don't have one as of yet.

If I'm thinking on the fly though, I think with this many people I've never played with before, it's best if I try and draw out as much interaction as possible from them to gauge their personalities and playstyles. So, pretty much the standard asking of questions in regards to early reads, reactions to being in certain scenarios, etc.
What's your impression of me so far?

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Didn’t do too great with it tho

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
What's your impression of me so far?
You're more humorous and slightly hyperactive than usual, but right now you're playing a pretty standard town Xivii from the little I've seen.
I’ve played a couple games. I know there’s always specific town roles people want to find out first too. Like the “cop” or investigator for example.
I mean, I wouldn't quite say "people" besides scum really want to know early on who town roles are. If those become common knowledge, they get targeted by mafia first. Their identities are best left hidden until they've found something, such as an action or somebody's alignment, and want to reveal it to the rest of town.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
This feels like it's coming more from a scum point of view. Also, hasn't read the setup.

Raxxel's early posting feels townie to me.

Vote: NonSpecificGuy

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
What are the features of my play that are standard town xivii?
Proactive is definitely the word I would assign to your town play. You tend to be one of the earliest participants in any game, you ask a lot of questions, and generally tend to be an active part of the scumhunt conversation. You do also usually take on a more serious tone, though this time around you come across a bit more laid back.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Actually, while we're on the subject, you've either spectated or participated in a lot of games I've played now, Xivii. I'm curious as well, what's your early impression of me at this point?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Thanks Raxxel. I wasn't anticipating such a well thought out answer. I always town read you early on even when you're scum, so I'm going to need to see your play overtime to make a decent evaluation. I'll mainly be looking for whether or not you consistently participate in the thread, as lurking seems to be your most consistent scum tell. My initial impression, however, is that you are town, but that is because I think LaserGuy is scum and that his read on you is from being scum!informed.

NSG is scum for not responding to IM DIRTY DAN. And a general sense of his response times.

Laser is scum for failing to acknowledge my slot initially, his read on Raxxel, and his push on NSG. To be clear, NSG and LaserGuy are scummates.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
This feels like it's coming more from a scum point of view. Also, hasn't read the setup.

Raxxel's early posting feels townie to me.

Vote: NonSpecificGuy
Pfff. No I’m not scum. I’ve just only played like twice in my life so.

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
Just here to say hi before I go to bed and
Vote Xivii
knows the entire setup before anyone posted anything? That guy's hiding something

Trisscar

Smash Ace
That has some interesting interpretations at this moment in history. XD

This game seems like it'll be rather sudoku heavy tbh.

Chaco

Never Logs In
funny you said lurking, my psn tag has lurkin in it. Lol. But nah, not lurking.

xivii posts a lot and seems to be up in everything, but I don’t know how anyone plays here except Frozenflame and that’s been years.

Vote: Xivii

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Vote Count 1.02

[2] Xivii: Somitomi, Chaco
[1] BoomFrog: Raxxel
[1] NonSpecificGuy: LaserGuy
[1] Trisscar: Jackrito

Not voting: 3DSNinja, Trisscar, Fontisian, #HBC | FrozenFlame, Darkpit54, BoomFrog, Xivii, NonSpecificGuy

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to hammer.

Day 1 ends on July 4th at 8 PM EST.

Last edited:

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Laser is scum for failing to acknowledge my slot initially,
I'm curious why you expected me to.

Pfff. No I’m not scum. I’ve just only played like twice in my life so.
What alignment did you play in your earlier games? Were you Town, mafia?

This game seems like it'll be rather sudoku heavy tbh.
Can you explain what this means?

xivii posts a lot and seems to be up in everything, but I don’t know how anyone plays here except Frozenflame and that’s been years.

Vote: Xivii
Is Xivii's posting rate a bad thing? I don't understand how this vote follows from the statement above.

Top Bottom