• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midnight Gaming Championship 2007-Finals-Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
1. KOS-MOS ($3000)
2. Wobbles ($1000)
3. SideEffect
4. LegendOfZeldaRules
5. UTD Zac
5. CRTR

Loser's Bracket Final
KOS-MOS (Peach) vs SideEffect (Fox) 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80-AasQ62HU
KOS-MOS (Peach) vs SideEffect (Fox) 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCXyxY9W0Mc
KOS-MOS (Peach) vs SideEffect (Fox) 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywo8v3RE1Y8

I didn't get the Winner's Final and the Final recorded because they were at the special finals area.
Wobbles beat SideEffect in the Winner's Final.
KOS-MOS beat Wobbles in 2 sets in the Final.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Yes, KOS-MOS is TOO GOOD! He beat people including Trail, Wobbles, SideEffect, LOZR, and others whom I cannot remember at the moment. Other big-name attendees included Dope, Trail, Watty, FastLikeTree, and LuninSpectra, so, as you can tell, this tournament was full of upsets.

It was very well-run as well as enjoyable. There were lots of things to do, and the whole thing had an exciting atmosphere about it. I would like to congratulate Midnight Gaming Championship for hosting such a spectacular event.

Btw, KOS-MOS is from Oklahoma. REPRESENT!!!

TGM

Smash Lord
so there wernt that many good people that went. no wonder kos and sideeffect and utd zac got so far.

Big_R

Smash Champion
thats gay. wobbling is weak. lol @ watty beating peaches with his sheik then they win. terrible...

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Yes, KOS-MOS is TOO GOOD! He beat people including Trail, Wobbles, SideEffect, LOZR, and others whom I cannot remember at the moment. Other big-name attendees included Dope, Trail, Watty, FastLikeTree, and LuninSpectra, so, as you can tell, this tournament was full of upsets.
so there wernt that many good people that went. no wonder kos and sideeffect and utd zac got so far.
You must have really high standards of who qualifies as "good." SE beat Trail and Zac beat Dope and Kosmos to get that far.

Two of the best Pikachus in America/the world were there, which floated my boat.

EDIT:
thats gay. wobbling is weak. lol @ watty beating peaches with his sheik then they win. terrible...
The only player Wobbles wobbled the entire tournament was Watty.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Yup congrats to wobbles for not wobbling =)

I was fairly surprised at the brackets, I got extremely lucky and was able to beat Dope and Kos-mos (who won the tourney). Somehow I got 5th overall, which is probably more like 10th cause quite a few good people got eliminated before i got to play them. I blame my ability to make people SD and pull bombs whenever I need them ><

On a sidenote: I need somebody to give me Fox practice, because he was the only character I lost to =( I demand wobbles moves back to dallas.

Big_R

Smash Champion
exactly.... and he wobbled the **** out of him. and it went 3 games. wobbling 1 person a lot doesnt make it any less gay. and idc about the rest of the ppl. he had an easy way to the finals is what i get from that...

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
hmm whos cosmos and CRTR xD?

ahh cosmos = peach (searched on youtube). wobbles must've had a tough time =(
Yah, and in August, wobbles beat him in OHSNAP3 in the finals. A little over 2 months and Kos-Mos surpassed him, pretty crazy. I guess it helps that I play ICs, Jiggs, and Fox, the same characthers that I play Kos-Mos with and the same characters Rob used against him.

Also, Kos-Mos is stingy, I asked to borrow a MEASLY $1000 and he just laughed...not funny.

Ronnie

Smash Apprentice
Im glad Kos-Mos was kind enough to give me $500 of his winnings. ;-)

TGM- There were many many good people at this thing. Dope, Chang, Trail, FLT, Wobbles, LOZR, Kos-mos, CRTR, pikachad, roy_r, etc. So please don't think any of us had it easy. I had to beat LOZR, Trail, and UTD Zach(who beat me last time in tourney) to get so far, and it wasn't as easy you think.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
This was an amazing tournament and well worth the trip. I didn't place but I believe I held my own, being from New Mexico and all. There was plenty of talent there and there some HUGE upsets. The results were nothing what I thought they would turn out to be.

KOS-MOS, congratulations man; you've improved so much and your matches were fun to watch. Mad props for beating Wobbles in the finals and congratulations.

Wobbles, it was great hanging out with you and thanks for the friendlies and tournament matches. Sorry it didn't work out in the end but it's an experience you'll have to learn from. Again thanks and better luck next time.

To everyone else, thanks for the friendlies and a great tournament. GO SOUTHWEST!

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
You guys don't know carter.
He's too raw.
#3 in GA, owning the nation? three good.

laozy

Smash Journeyman
big ups to watty and ihavespaceballs. our samus dittos are too good.
and congrats to kos-mos. finals were too intense.
and i got wobbled and it was pretty cool. the guys good even without wobbling.

tournament was ran really well...and the host guy was keeping it moving. he had to yell everytime when there's a match. so good job to him and the mgc crew.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
OK Represent!!

WAY TO GO KOS-MOS!!

I TOLD you that you were one of the best! Good shiz winning. Even better that you had to beat Wobbles, who beat you a mere two months ago at OHSNAP3... Way to go, son!

It fills my heart with great pride to see you come so far in such a short time... If only Pablo hadn't contracted Johns Disease and dropped out of it, you guys could have really showed them something.

You got big Chris...

MARIO BIG!!

Watty

Smash Lord
The only player Wobbles wobbled the entire tournament was Watty.
ya cause if he didnt i woulda beat the **** outta his *** cause he sucks without that move. Im guessing he didnt use it the rest of the tourny to prove a point that he didnt have to but im pretty sure after me it was a walk to the finals so the next good person he faced the peach beat his *** proving that he needs to be cheap to win. GG for costing yourself 2 grand and proving that u blow without that move rofl

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
It was a very fun trip, the amount of free crap that we got was well worth it.

Chad, Ihavespaceballs, Chamberlin - It was fun riding with you guys on the plane trip, we didn't die in a fiery ball of death after all.

Sethlon & Crew - Nice hanging with you guys in your hotel room, -Amazing-.

Watty- Good matches in the losers bracket, you're a cool dude and I was rooting for you when you went up against Wobbles.

Wobbles - Aarrg I wanted you to win it man.

Antonio (The pikachu dude) - Crap I hate pikachu, you and Chad make me sad when I have to play you guys lol.

The guy who cheated and won at NBA2k7 - Watch your back bro.

Watty

Smash Lord
im not gonna flame this i juss needed to say that ****

but ya MGC you guys shelled out soooo much for us, the tourney was run so smooth rules could a been adjusted like bans but that def didnt taint the trip. Im glad i went and would def do again u guys through a bad *** tourney. Awesome job changing out the flat screens for normal TVS it made the exp that much better and showed that u guys wanted it to go right.

to every1 i played in tourney and friendlies

GOOD ****, (except to wobbles) jesusfreak i ddint know that was you lol and byt he time i realised that u knew what u where doing i was down 2 stock and than u went DK wtf is this lol pkmvodka junior, but good **** next time ill be ready.

everyone else real names are so hard lol so confusing i had a blast i played alot of matches met alot of cool people thanks to soap, dope, hochi, ****, acro, twiggy and my brown mofo for backing me the whole time u guys made the exp worth it. love seeing u all hope it wont be so long b4 the next time we all get together.

thats it sorry if i didnt list u love seeing every1 take it easy

Galt

Smash Journeyman
People still say Wobbles isn't good? Did Watty play blindfolded, or is he just making an advanced form of john? Can he not read, so as to not know that Wobbles beat Ken and Forward and Other People at SCC?

Wow. Not only were the results of this tournament completely weird, but it apparently cursed some of the players, too. If you want to complain about something, complain about how Fastliketree fully intended to come beat you guys and take your money even though he hasn't actually played in 3-4 months.

People still say Wobbles isn't good? Did Watty play blindfolded, or is he just making an advanced form of john? Can he not read, so as to not know that Wobbles beat Ken and Forward and Other People at SCC?

Wow. Not only were the results of this tournament completely weird, but it apparently cursed some of the players, too. If you want to complain about something, complain about how Fastliketree fully intended to come beat you guys and take your money even though he hasn't actually played in 3-4 months.

why would we complain about that? He didn't win ****.

Deuce

Smash Cadet
The tourney was so badass. I had so much fun just being there and ******* around lol. Kos-Mos, It was fun talking to you in the hotel. same with Oh no. nice meeting you wobbles, luna, sideeffect, lain. And It was really rad just hanging out with Saberguy, Ihavespaceballs, chamberlin, and chad. (that airplane safety guide is what comedy is made of).

And as for MGC holy **** was that venue awesome. The **** hotel rooms we got were insane, all the free stuff, was awesome!

I am most def going to try my *** off getting into next years, I got lots of practice to do. and f*** cell phone games

Watty

Smash Lord
mother ****er i said i wasnt gonna flame this but **** u stupid, wobbling wasnt banned at SCC so im pretty sure he did tit here. and i played his *** in tourney and if it wasnt for the fac that he wobbled me he would of lost so stfu ive said all along that u take away that technique and he is just a sub par IC player.

i got no problem u defending him but what u said was juss stupid and i have no problem with him as a person i juss dont respect him in the game because he uses that BS tactic

this is the last time im posting in this thread im not getting into a flame war here i said my **** im done with it

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Good job KOS-MOS. That was an intense final set.

Watty, guess what? I didn't infinite other people to prove I was better, but because this tournament was broadcasted for a bunch of people who probably didn't understand competitive Smash. I don't pretend that the infinite is an exciting technique, and I didn't want a bunch of spectators to think that Smash was only about that particular move. I did this so that MGC wouldn't get the wrong impression and would welcome us back again next year.

I infinited YOU because I just don't like you.

And lastly... you play a counter to my character and have consistent IC practice. That makes me a crappy player when you almost beat me. I see.

No wait, I don't.

Oh, and didn't KOS-MOS beat Trail as well?

Hmm. How about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom