• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midna ! Out of the Shadows ! (New DLC means a new chance !)

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Welp, I'm back again. So far Midna's coming along pretty well. I've emphasized the odd contrast between her small stature and slow, laggy disjoints; In other words, she has properties of characters way beyond her size class. You can see it here:
The main issue I have is with the specials. I at least know about the energy balls, the shadow wolves, and the teleport, but I need a couple other things to go off of. Maybe the trident or something? Some suggestions would be nice.

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Welp, I'm back again. So far Midna's coming along pretty well. I've emphasized the odd contrast between her small stature and slow, laggy disjoints; In other words, she has properties of characters way beyond her size class. You can see it here:
The main issue I have is with the specials. I at least know about the energy balls, the shadow wolves, and the teleport, but I need a couple other things to go off of. Maybe the trident or something? Some suggestions would be nice.
I like what have been done so far, it's interesting and pretty different from what I did, I like the focus on her hair hand as it's also my favorite feature of hers, and obviously her main weapon, but, I feel like maybe a bit more could be done with other kind of magic that she uses ? I mean, Midna have a lot of different magic that she use, from fusing with Shadows (Which was used for the Down Smash similarly to mine, so I'm happy to see it still hehe), to lifting/teleporting giant meteors/canons with just a Magic touch, to even the normal sized magic orbs that she use for exemple to free Link from his prison in the beginning of TP, there is a lot to pull from, while things like a backdrop kick kinda feels .. Uncharacteristic of Midna in some ways ? Like it wouldn't look "too" weird I guess, but, with all that she have, I feel like it's unneeded, and doesn't truly fits how she fights in general (Even in HW, she doesn't have a single attacks where she use her actual physical body I believe)

For a Down B, what I personally did was using the Shadow Merging ability of hers to make something pretty unique that works as a sort of mix-up tool to mindgame opponent, or as a safer tool to approach, but, what could also be done would be something similar to Twili Midna's abilities in HW, where she use her "zone" (The one that she use on Wolf Link's back in TP) as an attacking magic this time, Or, you could repurpose the Shadow Wolves into a Down B, and use the side B as sort of far reaching Command Grab, after all a common use of her hair hand is to stretch it further away to attack, but it can't really be done with normal attacks unless you want to go full Min Min with her haha
Those are just some propositions though ! But the Twilight Spear feels a bit weird as a Special since it's such a powerful attack, that she normally can only use in more powerful forms, so to see her casually summon it can kinda feels awkward IMO

Oh yeah, also a little comment about her general attributes, I'm not sure that making her a heavy character really fits with the rest of her moveset ? Like Heavy Characters usually have some kind of moves that allow them to armor through combos if needed to land their powerful blows, while Midna really don't have much of that in your moveset, I made her floaty because it suited with what I made, but with what you made, I think that something closer to Zelda in term of Speed/Weight would fit pretty well with your concept of her

Hope that could help ! I'm always so happy to see new people try their hands at making a Midna moveset hehe, so good luck with the rest !

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Just saw this ! I went in to vote for her of course, and even wrote a new description for her since her actual one was very Wolf Link orriented
I don't think this site will really take off, but it doesn't take long to make an account, so might as well show that Midna support is consistant through sites, and give her some good cheers !
For the occasion, have a cute fanart of Midna cheering us out for our support hehe
1601918299445.png

Darkerik

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0563-4902-5513
Hey, with this new game age of camality do you think midna will have a cameo or could be an extra dlc character or something?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Hey, with this new game age of camality do you think midna will have a cameo or could be an extra dlc character or something?
Midna was technically not even featured in BotW. The Fused Shadow and Wolf Link can be made available in the game through other means but Midna herself was never actually featured.

At best if the game is featured at the end of the Child Timeline, then we may get a mention of the Twilight War or something, but Midna herself may not make an appearance. Unlike the first Hyrule Warriors game this isn't some party crossover title and actually ties heavily into Zelda's cannon. So I'm not expecting it to happen.

There were theories of the Twili being connected to the Zonai, but unless Nintendo states otherwise we can only really assume they are nothing more than just theories. It would seem the Zonai may play a bigger role in the sequel in some way so if those theories are true we likely won't know until then.

Easter Eggs are a different story as literally anything can be added to the game for the luls...

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
I'm of the same opinion, unfortunatly, it seems that through the menus and overall presentation we had yesterday, we will only have 7 characters in that game as playable (Locked characters were shown in the Blacksmith menu, and only Revali was there, there was also the loading screen which featured them all), so Midna prob won't be playable

That being said the lore have been more insistent on Zonai and Twilis recently, so we may get a couple of easter eggs, maybe we'll get a Side Quest near the place where the Twilight Mirror is in BOTW, which give us more info about it ? Would be funny if that quests reward was a Fused Shadow hat for Link or something haha

It's really too bad, because I really wanted to love this game (AoC) but so far it looks like it will be pretty dissapointing apart from the story, so I probably will pass on it, and just watch the cutscenes online, first time in a while I pass on a Zelda game at release, but I can't for the life of me see the worth of 60 Dolars in there when I have the OG HW on the same console ...

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
In terms of fan service, I could see Midna become playable in Age of Calamity through DLC. A campaign around the Mirror of Twilight could be a thing honestly.

Also it's the anniversary of Zelda next year. I do expect a Zelda newcomer as DLC, as the very last character in fact. But to be honest, I think Impa has the edge...

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
In terms of fan service, I could see Midna become playable in Age of Calamity through DLC. A campaign around the Mirror of Twilight could be a thing honestly.

Also it's the anniversary of Zelda next year. I do expect a Zelda newcomer as DLC, as the very last character in fact. But to be honest, I think Impa has the edge...
I definitly wish, it would be awesome to see BOTW styled Midna in the game, especially since ... For now ... The roster looks pretty dissapointing in that game TBH

As for Impa having the edge, I really dunno, Impa is a recurent character for sure, but .. In all the time she appears, she's a very side character, honestly I'm not sure that Impa would be as remembered as Ghirahim or Fi if her only apperance was in SS for exemple, or as remembered as Darunia, Sheik or Ruto if OOT was her only one, if you see what I mean
Even in the new AoC, people do a big deal about Impaya, but, from what we saw so far ... She really don't have that much importances in the game at all .. Even the mission where she meet Link just had her tripping over in a cutscene to give Link the Sheikah Slate, and .. That's pretty much it, in other cutscenes we saw her appear in, she's just loosely in the back, not saying anything, so I'm not entirely sure it gives her the edge

Especially since if we count Hyrule Warriors games, then it's only fair to count the first one, which definitly give Midna an edge for being important to both the first game's scenario, and the second (Only one of the HW's Wii U DLC to get a custom scenario in Legends I believe ?), as well as .. Well, having two spots on the roster instead of one, which is something only Links and Zeldas have apart from her haha
HW Impa was also a bit more important to the overall story, and people definitly like her, but I dunno if it primes over Midna, I would say they have pretty even chances myself, it's not like Midna is old news either due to TP HD

... I can see the AT being a problem TBH, which may be a reason that would bother her chances, but honestly, work arounds exists for AT, so if they really wanna put Midna, they will
I dunno, maybe I'm a bit too optimistic about all of this, but I honestly don't see Impa having an "higher status" than Midna

Darkerik

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0563-4902-5513
Thank you guys for your comments.

Hope in the sequel of BOTW Midna con be involved and maybe make it to AoC in DLC.

BTW recently Twili Midna was added to the poll, feel free to cheer her up

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Thank you guys for your comments.

Hope in the sequel of BOTW Midna con be involved and maybe make it to AoC in DLC.

BTW recently Twili Midna was added to the poll, feel free to cheer her up

You're welcome ! I'm very happy to see this thread more active lately hehe, I know it haven't taken off as much as some other threads due to having to reset in a time where Midna is AT .. But I'm happy that slowly but surely, we build back up that community on here hehe

Let's cross our fingers ! I have high hope for it, but it's not a guarantee for sure, just looks likely due to several factors

Oh yeah, honestly, I'm not sure this site is very trustworthy ... I don't deter anyone from voting if they want, but, it have some very glaring flaws that make it ... Sometimes really absurd, and innacurate

There isn't an IP Check, so anyone who have access to internet can just use throwaway emails to make as many accounts as they want, and downvote to hell a character they don't want, or vote up a litteral meme if they want, for a few hours we had a "Fat F**** Frog" character on the top of the list (Seems like now Mods take those down, but yeah), meanwhile character with actual support can just have that support completly erased in a matter of minutes if someone is determined enough to do it, which is frustrating (Even more so when the Cheer/Boo ratio isn't written anywhere, so a -2 character can be someone with just two downvotes, or someone with 100 upvotes, and 102 downvotes, which as I explained before can happen with any character due to the lack of IP Check)

There is also the fact that since you can downvote, there are a lot of people that probably just downvote anyone higher classed than their MW, just for the sake of seing their MW higher, saw it happen more than once when looking at the site

The concept of this site is good, but it need to be severly reworked in some aspects before being seen as an actual good source of info for people's Most Wanted/Least Wanted
I saw Midna go down from 30 votes to -5 at one point in like ... One hour, which first, kinda broke my heart to see, and secondly tipped me off toward the lack of IP check, checked it myself by using throwaway emails, and yeah, you can absolutly do that with no sort of limits what's so ever, which make this site very .. Untrustworthy IMO

Darkerik

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0563-4902-5513
You're welcome ! I'm very happy to see this thread more active lately hehe, I know it haven't taken off as much as some other threads due to having to reset in a time where Midna is AT .. But I'm happy that slowly but surely, we build back up that community on here hehe

Let's cross our fingers ! I have high hope for it, but it's not a guarantee for sure, just looks likely due to several factors

Oh yeah, honestly, I'm not sure this site is very trustworthy ... I don't deter anyone from voting if they want, but, it have some very glaring flaws that make it ... Sometimes really absurd, and innacurate

There isn't an IP Check, so anyone who have access to internet can just use throwaway emails to make as many accounts as they want, and downvote to hell a character they don't want, or vote up a litteral meme if they want, for a few hours we had a "Fat F**** Frog" character on the top of the list (Seems like now Mods take those down, but yeah), meanwhile character with actual support can just have that support completly erased in a matter of minutes if someone is determined enough to do it, which is frustrating (Even more so when the Cheer/Boo ratio isn't written anywhere, so a -2 character can be someone with just two downvotes, or someone with 100 upvotes, and 102 downvotes, which as I explained before can happen with any character due to the lack of IP Check)

There is also the fact that since you can downvote, there are a lot of people that probably just downvote anyone higher classed than their MW, just for the sake of seing their MW higher, saw it happen more than once when looking at the site

The concept of this site is good, but it need to be severly reworked in some aspects before being seen as an actual good source of info for people's Most Wanted/Least Wanted
I saw Midna go down from 30 votes to -5 at one point in like ... One hour, which first, kinda broke my heart to see, and secondly tipped me off toward the lack of IP check, checked it myself by using throwaway emails, and yeah, you can absolutly do that with no sort of limits what's so ever, which make this site very .. Untrustworthy IMO
Yes, in fact if midna was no AT this theard would be full of theories like the one from Impa. But I'm happy midna is AT maybe I next smash can finally make it as little Mac, Isabelle, etc. Honestly wolf link and midna could have been a great Zelda rep, really different from any other character, with Sakurai and his team experience they could have done something really impressive and original, but for time I guess was better option to have three links with some differences.

I can understand what you mean, the page is from some guys of reddit, the downvote button disappeared, they received some feedback about it and now it so much better just everyone can express good vibes by giving cheers and let the hate behind.

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Yes, in fact if midna was no AT this theard would be full of theories like the one from Impa. But I'm happy midna is AT maybe I next smash can finally make it as little Mac, Isabelle, etc. Honestly wolf link and midna could have been a great Zelda rep, really different from any other character, with Sakurai and his team experience they could have done something really impressive and original, but for time I guess was better option to have three links with some differences.

I can understand what you mean, the page is from some guys of reddit, the downvote button disappeared, they received some feedback about it and now it so much better just everyone can express good vibes by giving cheers and let the hate behind.
Oh yeah, I'm sure that there would still be a lot of hype surrounding her hehe, I'm also thankful for how good her AT is, but the AT system in general is just ... Such an afterthought, that sometimes it's a bit hard to be happy about having a 1/60 chance to see your favorite character appear when you pick 1/50 items if you get me ?
I'm more for Solo Midna personally when it comes to her moveset, but yeah hehe, I agree that she would have beena fantastic rep, I'll keep hope and keep the support alive for next time though ! I believe in her ! And if it's not this time, and it will be the time after, but I truly believe that as long as we keep our hope, and keep our passion alive ... Then one day she will join for sure hehe

Oh they removed the Downvote ? That's good then, the site is making good progress then, it still won't be accurate until they add an IP Check though, because otherwise it's wayyy too easy to put the one you wanna see on top with a bit of time and Throwaway emails haha

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Legit needed to do some digging to figure out that it was Greninja :upsidedown:
Personal theory there, but the waterish background plus the fact that it's a Golden Greninja with Red Aura make me think that it's a reference to Midna's other power using the Twilight Portal, aka teleporting objects in and out, here more particularly I would say that it's the Meteor
Greninja being picked because his up air (Which he is doing on the pic I believe ?) have him in a really "straight" position which look similar to the giant shard, and the Watery background being a reference to Zora's Domain

I can be completly wrong though ! But it's the first thing I thought about when I saw this haha
It's a cool image in anyways though

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Alright so ! I've been playing a very cool Brawl Mode lately, called Brawl Remix, which added a lot of characters and stages to the game, and I have a specific one to show to you all here hehe

Just look at this beautiful redition of the Twilight Palace ! I really love everything about it, pretty much exactly what I would want out of a FD version of my stage concept for a Twilight Palace
While Midna isn't playable with this mod, this stage does feature a very special guest on top of the Throne itself if you look closely enough hehe

I would love to make my moveset into reality in this game, but .. I kinda suck at modding and modeling haha, I'm semi decent at spriting though, so maybe one day I'll be able to make a Crusade Mod out of it, but, that's definitly not for right now either and I know that
Anyway just thought you guys would enjoy this !

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
It's officially Midnight of the 19th here, which means that it's officially TP's Anniversary ! Yay !

I made a special fanart for the occasion, so I wanna post it out here before sleeping, I hope you'll all enjoy, and I'll be back once I got my night of sleep to talk a bit more about my own experience with this wonderful game to celebrate the anniversary well with you guys on the thread hehe

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai gave us a shoutout!

Aw that's cool ! K Rool as the King Bulbin stand in fits very well hehe, the pic as a whole looks amazing, and I'm happy Sakurai decided to do one of those pics for TP !

TP's Anniversary is always such a special day to me hehe, I always enjoy celebrating the birth of this wonderful game so much with people online !
I have ... So many good memories thanks to this game, it's really one experience that kinda followed me through my life, played it very early, and continued to play it and to be inspired by it as I grew up

I remember as a smollie being stuck in the Water Temple, I was still very young at that moment, so I couldn't figure out everything on my own, But ! I knew somehow (Dunno if someone told me, or if I looked it up) that there was an important scene with Midna in it after this dungeon, so I kept on pressing by the share will of seing that hehe
I finally manage to do it, and ... Well I went to sleep pretty late that night, because I deeply refused to let the game running while Midna was dying haha, I was honestly fearing that she would die if I took too long, which today of course I know isn't possible, but young me really was scared hehe, and it's one thing I've always remembered back then as the one moment I got really attached to this character that bring us together today

So what about you guys ? You have any stories like this about your own experience with this game ? I'm curious to hear about it hehe

Darkerik

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0563-4902-5513
Aw that's cool ! K Rool as the King Bulbin stand in fits very well hehe, the pic as a whole looks amazing, and I'm happy Sakurai decided to do one of those pics for TP !

TP's Anniversary is always such a special day to me hehe, I always enjoy celebrating the birth of this wonderful game so much with people online !
I have ... So many good memories thanks to this game, it's really one experience that kinda followed me through my life, played it very early, and continued to play it and to be inspired by it as I grew up

I remember as a smollie being stuck in the Water Temple, I was still very young at that moment, so I couldn't figure out everything on my own, But ! I knew somehow (Dunno if someone told me, or if I looked it up) that there was an important scene with Midna in it after this dungeon, so I kept on pressing by the share will of seing that hehe
I finally manage to do it, and ... Well I went to sleep pretty late that night, because I deeply refused to let the game running while Midna was dying haha, I was honestly fearing that she would die if I took too long, which today of course I know isn't possible, but young me really was scared hehe, and it's one thing I've always remembered back then as the one moment I got really attached to this character that bring us together today

So what about you guys ? You have any stories like this about your own experience with this game ? I'm curious to hear about it hehe
Well I always enjoyed TP.
Same happened to me with Midna I pretend to not worry about but inside I was in tears... Then I remember that was not possible that Midna could die or something as was part of wolf link lol.... I just loved TP art and of course Midna. I remember how I helped my mother to get through some stuff... Nice memories though

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Soooo, I was browsing online a bit, and I found something that gave me a little bit of a Nostalgia Trip ..
For all of you Midna fans that were in the fanbase during Smash 4 time, anyone remember this ?
1610970528567.png

Cause honestly, it just feels both Nostalgic and awesome to see that nowdays, while Midna & Wolf Link isn't my favorite take on the character (I prefer Solo ImpDna), the shown moveset is still pretty dang cool, on top of that, I just really appreciate that even when she was AT during Smash 4, fans still took the time to rally at the time that mattered the most, the Smash Ballot hehe

So how many of you guys voted Midna on the Ballot back then ? I'm geniunly curious, I wonder how popular she was on that .. Hopefully it can make a difference in the long run, showed the Smash Team how much we wanted her you know ?

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
So !
GoodSmile Company, who makes the Nendoroid figures (Pretty high quality figures that are also customisable since they come with different pieces) have opened an official survey to ask people what they want !
It's our chance as a community to make a difference ! Having an official Midna Merch thanks to our votes would just be amazing, let's try to get as many votes as we can !
(For references, here is what the Nendoroid of Toon Zelda looks like)
1613047032137.png

Darkerik

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0563-4902-5513
With the inclusion of Pyra and Mythra I was thinking how cool would be Midna with her transformation with Wolf Link and Twili Version. Sakurai and their team would add a great potential move set, imagine all the possibilities.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Happy Women's Day!

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Man, I wish the Twili would return. I just love their designs (well, Midna and Zants). The colors and design of their skin and clothes looks amazing! Midna's hair also looks fantastic! The Twili could sort of be like a Dark Elf/Night Elf version of the Hylians (which are like High Elves). They could be very focused on magic.

StrojGolub

Smash Rookie
Midna is truly the only character I want to see in smash.. Truth be told, if she got in I'd probably just drop my mains regardless of her moveset, haha. I mean it, though. Without support however, I don't think she will have that much of a shot and that is exactly why I finally made an account to pledge mine. I learned of this community recently and you seem pretty organized, so I think that's a great start!

Last edited:

StrojGolub

Smash Rookie
The biggest obstacle facing Midna right now is her status as an Assist Trophy.
While that is true, I also think that puts her at a great spot to grow support. We could for example, try to make combo or maybe a funny clip with her assist trophy to bring attention from the smash community to her without making it too obvious. I think that would be an effective approach, since getting her into smash wouldn't be the main focus in that case, and while that is ours, we must remember that it is not that of most of the community. I think discretly planting her in, or just reminding them of her as a possibility in a similiar fashion would be a great way to increase support for her, since she seems to be a forgotten, yet very loved character.

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Midna is truly the only character I want to see in smash.. Truth be told, if she got in I'd probably just drop my mains regardless of her moveset, haha. I mean it, though. Without support however, I don't think she will have that much of a shot and that is exactly why I finally made an account to pledge mine. I learned of this community recently and you seem pretty organized, so I think that's a great start!
Oh wow, I'm really sorry I didn't check this board in a while, but I'm very glad you decided to take part into this community !
SmashBoard have honestly not worked much for our community haha, but I'll try to change that up, the Discord Server already work well enough without my focus, soooo I guess I can try to put more of my focus into the SmashBoard from now on hehe

I feel the exact same way BTW ! I would totally drop all my current mains to play Midna if she got in, I have to admit I haven't been really lucky with the characters I like having a playstyle that I like .. Rosalina and Robin are 2 characters that I really love in Smash, but I really can't play them that well haha
But if there is one character where I would do an execption to learn every bit of her moveset, even if it take me years, it's definitly Midna hehe

Actually that's a good conversation starter, what archetype do you guys think Midna would fit in when it comes to Smash ? I always saw her as a sort of Mewtwo-like character, a High Risk, High Reward character, that can knock others out pretty easely, but also get punished pretty hard if she doesn't play carefully, so it's kinda a battle of tricking the others before you get tricked haha
But I'm curious to hear how everyone think about this !

Krimnorr

Smash Cadet
Just wanted to drop in and say that Midna is easily my most wanted character for this game. I've almost completed a moveset and plan to draw every move, but we'll see how that turns out. Honestly my hopes of her getting in this game are pretty low, but she definitely has a chance for the next one. Can only wait and pray lol

Last edited:

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Just wanted to drop in and say that Midna is easily my most wanted character for this game. I've almost completed a moveset and plan to draw every move, but we'll see how that turns out. Honestly my hopes of her getting in this game are pretty low, but she definitely has a chance for the next one. Can only wait and pray lol
Hey hey ! That's awesome to hear !
I'm in the same case where Midna is my absolute Most Wanted since Brawl days, and I've been supporting her as much as I can since then, I also made a moveset that I drew out (It's in the OP of this thread in fact), but I'm always excited to see the takes of others on that !

Yeah I also kinda believe the sail have set for her this game ... But hey, if it's not for this time, it'll be for next time ! I won't be any less passionate, or any less vocal about how amazing it would be to have the Twilight Princess in Smash !
Good luck with your moveseeeeet !

IzukuXYang4Life

Banned via Warnings
Hey sign me up as supporter.

Minda and Wolf Link should have been playable as opposed to Shiek, Toon Link, Or Young Link (There was no real reason for Sakurai to throw those guys in Ultimate aside from him being lazy as usual).

Top Bottom