• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midna ! Out of the Shadows ! (New DLC means a new chance !)

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Found this video thought I'd share. Also serves as a nice reminder that no matter what happens we should be grateful for the effort that the Smash team has put into this game. We don't deserve Sakurai!
Alright so, first of all, this is wholesome as heck!
And secondly... Well, that's kinda how I was when Midna was revealed as an AT, I was a bit saddened at first because I wanted her as playable, and I really thought her time was now, but then... Well, I was just happy she was there in some forms you know?
Her AT is awesome, one of my favorite ever, and I'm always really happy when she appear on the battlefield, and even though I'm campaigning for her to be more one day, I'll always be thankful that she's in there somewhere
This video is amazing and really wholesome, so thank you for sharing, I hope that the numerous Midna fan we'll have here will share the mindset of both the author of the video, and us
We can wish and campaign for more, but we should always keep in mind what we already have, and be thankful for it

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Little update and addition the OG Post ! A little sneak peak at what the Smash Website would look like ... With a little impish addition haha
Hope you guys will like it !

Midna Complete.jpg

AdmN30

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdmiralN
Switch FC
SW-2324-3227-3622
If we do get a new Zelda character, Midna is one of my main picks. Could you add me to the list?

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
If we do get a new Zelda character, Midna is one of my main picks. Could you add me to the list?
Sure thing ! I'll add you right up !
By curiosity, which form would you like the most for Midna ?

EDIT : Sorry about that ... I really hate my mouse ..

Last edited:

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
I’d say her imp form for her default appearance.
Mhm, you and me both, while I don't dislike the True Form, and would pretty much always welcome it in Smash, I do prefer the Imp Form, and the hair hand attached to that form is one of my favorite power of fiction ever !

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
While I'm here , I'll quickly give my opinion on wich Midna should be playable.

While Wolf Link & Midna is very iconic , I feel like a quadrupedal character like a Wolf would limit a lot of stuff for normals. (I personnaly think someone like Spyro would work better in that regard)
I think the best thing would be a solo imp Midna that call shadow wolves for some attacks. Would be less repetitive , and she can summon several of them.

True form is an interesting case : while Hyrule Warriors gave her a moveset , I think like we would need to extrapolate on a lot of stuff to give her a moveset.
But it would be nice if Midna's Final Smash was transforming into her , à la Wario-Man.

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE2Dc1sx71U

Found this today, such a powerful reaction to a game that I still hold dear to my heart today, it's really amazing to see so many fans unite in hype in here ! Miyamoto really out done himself, both on the game, and on this trailer ! A great reminder of what TP meant to people when it got out hehe

On other news, the Midna Discord and Twitter is organizing a contest, called "A Smashing Imp", the goal is for artist and fans of the series of the various fighters of Smash, to draw our dear little Princess, cosplaying as one of the 70+ playable characters of Smash, we're trying to make that as big as we can, so any support toward it is appreciated ! The Discord Link is in the OP, but I'll leave the Twitter Thread for anyone who want to see it directly

https://twitter.com/MidnaForSmash/status/1175532313796665348

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
I know I shouldn't double post normally, but well, I feel like something like that can be shared without problem, especially with how long it's been since my last post so ..

I made a complete Challenger Pack for Midna ! Complete with Spirit, Classic Mode, Stage, and Music ! You can all tell me what you think of it hehe

Midna for Smash !.png

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Thank you still for posting here !

People haven't really being that active ... I guess it's the cost of making a thread about Midna now, versus pre-release, but the pre-release one got abandonned, I tried to revive it once, but ... Yeah ...

Anyway ! To spark on some discussion, the Midna Discord had an art contest that finished just yesterday ! So allow me to post the participation of the talented artist that was 1st !

Omar.jpg

Nammed "A Smashing Imp !", the Concept of the contest was simple, make Midna cosplay as one of the 70+ playable character of Smash ! We got quite a lot of entry, and this one of "Twili BayoMidna" was the winner of the contest ! Hope that you guys can also enjoy the beautiful work of this artist !

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I'd like to be put down as a supporter. Midna is the single most beloved partner Link has ever had, her fanbase is huge and she is liked the most out of Navi, Tatl, King of Red Lions, and Fi. Since the side characters that don't stick around are a big part of what give each Zelda game its identity, I would like Smash to include at least one one-off character that isn't a form of Link, Zelda, or Ganon. I know Sheik was only in one game, but since Sheik is a form of Zelda, I would like to see someone else.

I am aware of Twilight Princess' divisive reputation. I simply think the appeal of Midna transcends her game and people would be happy to see Midna join the battle regardless of their opinion of TP.

Also, if Midna rides Wolf Link, then technically we would then have a form of every Link that has ever been playable in Smash, haha.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Hey, can I be added to the list of suporters? I would love to have Midna in Smash, under any form, as she's my favorite Zelda companion, and from one of my favorite Zelda game.

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to be put down as a supporter. Midna is the single most beloved partner Link has ever had, her fanbase is huge and she is liked the most out of Navi, Tatl, King of Red Lions, and Fi. Since the side characters that don't stick around are a big part of what give each Zelda game its identity, I would like Smash to include at least one one-off character that isn't a form of Link, Zelda, or Ganon. I know Sheik was only in one game, but since Sheik is a form of Zelda, I would like to see someone else.

I am aware of Twilight Princess' divisive reputation. I simply think the appeal of Midna transcends her game and people would be happy to see Midna join the battle regardless of their opinion of TP.

Also, if Midna rides Wolf Link, then technically we would then have a form of every Link that has ever been playable in Smash, haha.
Well first, thank you very much for reviving this thread ! I didn't really give up on it, but I couldn't keep it alive all by myself either haha, so I'm always glad to see fellow Midna fans that did not forget about her, and still want to support her here ! I'll be more than happy to add you on the list !

And yup, she definitly is the most loved Partner of any Zelda games, it's kinda crazy how much she stretched her role, by almost stealing the spot light during the story, and being the main focus of everything that happened in this game haha
As I always said when the "One Off" Argument got out, Zelda is a series with a rotating cast, so the best way to represent it, is with it's recuring roles, the companion one see Midna as the most loved character, so that would be the perfect way to represent it !

TP isn't as divisive as you may think, a few days ago for exemple, I organized a pool on another board that was Smash related, and well 85/100 Love TP, with 60/100 total that also wanted Midna in Smash, but yeah I get your point that Midna love transcend that kind of thing haha

I'm personally not a strong advocate for Midna riding Wolf Link, but I wouldn't mind it, just that I much prefer the solo Imp Midna haha, but yup that's true ! Or I guess we would be missing Bunny Link from ALTTP haha

Hey, can I be added to the list of suporters? I would love to have Midna in Smash, under any form, as she's my favorite Zelda companion, and from one of my favorite Zelda game.
You sure can ! We share similar tastes on that hehe, lemme add you both to the list !

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Hello Violet! I didn't expect to find you here.
Oh ! Hey there ! Didn't expect to see a fellow GameFaqs user here either hehe, but yup ! I also lead the Midna Thread on this board !
My passion for the character that I talked about quite a few times on GameFaqs was ... Not an exegeration haha

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Just watched through GameXplain's top 100 female characters for Smash, which was a solid list, with one omission. While I did see every other fem-fighter I wanted gain a spot, Midna was absolutely nowhere to be found (unless I missed something). What the heck happened there, I wonder?

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Just watched through GameXplain's top 100 female characters for Smash, which was a solid list, with one omission. While I did see every other fem-fighter I wanted gain a spot, Midna was absolutely nowhere to be found (unless I missed something). What the heck happened there, I wonder?
Wait, really? Huge snub, then.

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Yup, she's nowhere to be found despite Hilda in 90, Linkle in 59, Tetra in 30, Urbosa in 16, and Impa in... 9 ? I don't remember the exact number, but that's around where they are

People called them out a lot on how biased this list was, and the lack of Midna is something I saw a lot of people comment on, I saw it on GameFaqs personally when it was shared there, and like... Littetarely the first comment on it was "No Midna, that list is a joke", so.... I was pissed she wasn't there, but happy to see the community reacting to it like that hehe

Show that when you forget such an important character in a list like that, People notice!

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Yup, that is pretty sad, and he was kind to count Zelda and Sheik, when technically, it was only one slot back then, but yeah .. 18 years without a Unique Zelda rep, that sting, a lot, as a big fan of the series, Hyrule Warriors is one of the only reason I can stay sane after seing the poor treatement Zelda have in there

Another thing that I find sad ... For a series that revolve around Dungeons/Puzzle Solving a lot, in all those years of Smash, we still didn't get a single Dungeon stage, and not even an OST from there ! The stage as a whole just feel like they have been picked by someone who played 10 minute of each game ... Saw the title screen/beginning area, and they built something out of it ... It's sad ...

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
So... Interesting thing to start up a conversation here, you know how people usually say that Triforce Wielder are the only important characters of the series? Well... Fun fact about that, for anyone who played the game mid way, Midna IS also a ToW Wielder, since she took the one from Zelda when she sacrified herself for it

Would you think it counts toward that "rule" people have off? I mean spending half the game with the ToW is more than Toon Link can claim to have with the ToC haha

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Could I be added to the support list? I'd love Midna for Smash.
I'll be more than happy to add you! Give me a second I'll do that as soon as I can
I'm happy to see new people coming in, I know we're not the most popular board here, but I'm really trying to keep it alive, so thank you to you guys who come here and again to be added, I really appreciate it hehe

On another subject, I have hope for the next pass, since 1st party got something on the First Pass, there is hope for the second, And... I really think Zelda is gonna get something this time around, and that combined with the theory of Midna returning in BOTW 2... Might just give us what we all want here hehe

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for the Double Post everyone, but I updated the OP with a rework on the moveset that I've been working on since quite a while, the Sketches that are added to it are made by yours truly ! Hope that you'll enjoy what I did out of it !

Mav485

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1504-7090-2374
Switch FC
SW 7228 3594 2505
I have to say I never played Twilight Princess, but I am down for any new LoZ characters that aren't part of the Triforce and Midna is up there near the top of the list. Midna/Wolf Link as a combo seems like the most likely form for that to take, but I would be down for a solo form for her as well. You can add me to any support list you guys have. =)

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Some queens.

Aw ! I really like that list ! The Midna fanart that was used is really cool, and Ashley is absolutly adorable hehe

I have to say I never played Twilight Princess, but I am down for any new LoZ characters that aren't part of the Triforce and Midna is up there near the top of the list. Midna/Wolf Link as a combo seems like the most likely form for that to take, but I would be down for a solo form for her as well. You can add me to any support list you guys have. =)
Sure thing ! Glad to add you on our list then hehe
If you want to take a look at how Solo Midna could play like, we have an entire moveset for that in the OP !
It's always nice to see new people join us hehe, let's get some activity flowing in here ! There is a lot to talk about with such an interesting character !

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
I voted for the Twilight Princess as well. She's my favorite Zelda companion. I have wanted her since Brawl.

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
I voted for the Twilight Princess as well. She's my favorite Zelda companion. I have wanted her since Brawl.
That is great to hear ! It's the same for me hehe, I've been wanting her for so long ... But I'm not giving up ! This poll is our chance to show how present Midna still is in the mind of every Smash fans ! We just have to push for our Princess, and even if it doesn't change her fate as an AT ... It can be sure to make her even MORE popular in this fanbase at the end of the line !

(Here are the two tweets I made to rally Midna fans for this poll BTW)

https://twitter.com/MidnaForSmash/status/1229730794832384000

https://twitter.com/MidnaForSmash/status/1229738934093127680

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
There was a poll on GameFAQs a week back asking people to vote for their favorite Zelda rep.
What a pleasant surprise it was to see Midna absolutely dominate!
Oh yeah ! I participated in that poll myself since I'm actually quite active on GameFaqs, it is one of the biggest poll to be registered on this board, and like you said .. Midna completly dominated there hehe, it's so amazing to see her being so popular !

On a similar note, they also held a "Tournament style" Poll where characters would get pitted against each other, and the one with the most votes went forward
Desepite being pitted against Paper Mario, and Ryu Habasusa, two very popular choices, Midna pulled through and only lost a very close match in round 3 against Pheonix Wright ! I'm taking a lot of pride on the fact that she's being so popular nowdays hehe

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
The Midna Discord Server is turning One Year Old today ! I know that I made the SmashBoard thread muuuuuuuuuuch later, but I still wanted to take the time, and share the art that I made for the occasion, as well as thanking you guys for being part of this wonderful community I had the pleasure of making since a year hehe
I'm really thankful that we still have active Midna fans, that make this community live on even today ! I know that we're not the most active SmashBoard thread ever due to us hitting the reset button .. But I believe that with enough time, and as long as our passion don't falter, we'll get back there hehe
Thank you all for making my dream of a Midna Community come true !
Birthday Midna 2.jpg

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
The Midna Discord Server is turning One Year Old today ! I know that I made the SmashBoard thread muuuuuuuuuuch later, but I still wanted to take the time, and share the art that I made for the occasion, as well as thanking you guys for being part of this wonderful community I had the pleasure of making since a year hehe
I'm really thankful that we still have active Midna fans, that make this community live on even today ! I know that we're not the most active SmashBoard thread ever due to us hitting the reset button .. But I believe that with enough time, and as long as our passion don't falter, we'll get back there hehe
Thank you all for making my dream of a Midna Community come true !
View attachment 263449
As a pretty active mod of that server , I'm very happy that we managed to hit that milestone.

I'm still proud of Violet for all the Midna Smash content she managed to produced , be it moveset , CSS art , fighter pack , all the little contests we did , ect...

I'm honestly a bit sad that the community seem to be a bit overfocused on some characters , it's not always easy to keep talks about her active.

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
As a pretty active mod of that server , I'm very happy that we managed to hit that milestone.

I'm still proud of Violet for all the Midna Smash content she managed to produced , be it moveset , CSS art , fighter pack , all the little contests we did , ect...

I'm honestly a bit sad that the community seem to be a bit overfocused on some characters , it's not always easy to keep talks about her active.
Aw, thank you for the kind words Loliko ! I always strive my best for this character that mean so much to me hehe, I'm glad those efforts are appreciated !

We'll get there don't worry, we hit the big reset button, so of course, we have to be a bit patient, cause it's gonna take a bit of time to get people to talk back here, but hey ! We still get conversations here and there ! I'm sure it will work out eventually hehe

Talking about contents I made, I updated the OP ! Recently I made a full Twili Midna Challenger Pack concept, so I included the Twili Midna moveset concept there was in there ! I appreciate any kind of feedback on it, please tell me if you like it !

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Hello people ! I think that, like me, you probably all saw the Direct, and the hopes that it bring with it !
While we don't know who in ARMS is picked yet, I have high expectation on Springman due to him being the Mascot for a reason, and Smash beneficiating from that reason, as well as them never putting in a non-Mascot/Protag before to represent a new series
If it is indeed him, the limitations for ATs and Spirits are completly gone for the next 5 fighters ! And that mean that we could completly get a Midna DLC this time around ! HYPE !

In the meantime, I made a little something after the annoncement hehe
It look like a certain Twilight Princess is trying to sneak around with the rest of the ARMS fighters ! It really is "Midna's Desesperate Hour" uh ?

Midna ARMS !.jpg

Hope that you guys will enjoy what came out of it hehe !
Today is a good day to be a Midna fan !

Top Bottom