• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Middle TN Presents: TOAST! - November 13th, Nashville, TN (premiere series!)

Jiikae

Typing of the Red
A new series being brought to you by myself, the Middle TN Smash scene, and wild octopi:

5252 Hickory Hollow Parkway
Antioch, TN 37013-3087

Date and time: November 13th, Sign ups begin at 11am, Doubles start at 12 noon, singles start whenever doubles end.

Singles Entry fee: $10
Doubles Entry fee: $10 per team
Venue fee: $10 (Half of if you bring a setup)

Pot distribution: 1st Place 60%, 2nd place 30%, 3rd place 10%

My contact info: 1-478-361-5610

BRING YOUR SETUPS! We need as many as possible! TVs, Wiis and/or Gamecubes! It'd help if you let me know if you're bringing a setup so I can know approx. how many we'll have.

Allisbrawl event page: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=10594

Attendance list:
1. Jeike
2. Stratocaster
3. KOkingpin
4. Shadymilkman
5. Bunbun
6. Whole Memphis crew (quite possibly)
7. KDS (maybe)
8. Ihavespaceballs
9. TheReflexWonder
10. Birmingham smashers (quite possibly)
11. Iloveke$ha (maybe)
12. theONEjanitor
13. -Chad-
14. Kola
15. Cubone
16. Fatchu
17. Dark Iori Yagami (maybe)
18. Mr. Pickle
19. Dragonmaster_OMEGA (maybe)
20. Hyl!
21. _ToasT_
22. AlurNova

Setup list:
1. Jeike (Wii)
2. Stratocaster: Gamecube and Wii (Wii only plays Melee?)
3. KOkingpin (One Wii at the least)
4. Fatchu
5. Mr. Pickle
6. AlurNova
7. HyL!
8. _Toast_

Brawl: General Rules
  • Bring own controller (No mods allowed)
  • 3 Stock
  • Best 2 out of 3 (best out of 5 in finals)
  • Items off
  • 8 minutes
  • In result of tie, winner determined by stock then percentage
  • Stalling is banned
  • Dedede grab infinite is banned
  • Any "suicide" move KOs (Bowser, Dedede, Ganondorf, Kirby) go to whoever initiated the action

• For doubles, life stealing is allowed, team attack is on

Brawl: Set Procedure

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match. (Double-blind, report your character to the judge individually and/or both of you write your character on separate pieces of paper and reveal it before the match starts)
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counter picks phase.
3. The first stage will be randomly selected from the starter list. Players may also agree to start on one of the starter list stages.
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List.
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character.
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character.
7. Repeat steps 4-6 for all proceeding matches IN THIS ORDER

Starter Stages
*Final Destination
*Battlefield
*Smashville
*Yoshi's Island
*Lylat

Counterpicks
*Brinstar
*Delfino
*Castle Siege
*Halberd
*Pokemon Stadium 1
*Frigate Orpheon
*Norfair
*Pictochat
*Rainbow Cruise

Everything else is banned..duh.

Melee: General Rules

• Bring own controller (No mods allowed)
  • 4 Stock
  • Best 2 out of 3 (best out of 5 in finals)
  • Items off
  • 8 minutes
  • In result of tie, winner determined by stock then percentage
  • Kirby-cides go to whoever performed it

• For doubles, life stealing is allowed, team attack is on

Melee Set Procedure

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match. (Double-blind, report your character to the judge individually and/or both of you write your character on separate pieces of paper and reveal it before the match starts)
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counter picks phase.
3. The first stage will be randomly selected from the starter list. Players may also agree to start on one of the starter list stages.
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List.
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character.
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character.
7. Repeat steps 4-6 for all proceeding matches IN THIS ORDER

Starter Stages
*Battlefield
*Dreamland 64
*Final Destination
*Fountain of Dreams
*Pokemon Stadium
*Yoshi's Story

Counter pick stages
*Brinstar
*Corneria
*Jungle Japes
*Mute City
*Poké Floats
*Rainbow Cruise

If stages aren't listed they're banned.

Any questions or suggestions hit me up.

UPDATE LOG

UPDATE - Sept. 6: Details written! Ready set go! I'll pretty up the post with more colors and pictures later :laugh:

UPDATE - Sept. 7: The date is now official. November 13th. Entry fee is $10. Door/Venue fee is $5.

UPDATE - Sept. 8: KOs B-day??????????????? *Dave chapelle voice* it's a celebration.

UPDATE - Sept. 9: We're doing doubles now, $10 per team. Life stealing allowed. Team Attack on.

UPDATE - Sept. 10: Due to the level of hype that is building up for this event, we now have access to bigger space. So the venue fee is $10. This means everyone can bring their full setups. Meaning your Wii and/or Gamecube and your TV.

UPDATE - Sept. 11 - This is will be a series. TOAST! Oh and remember 9/11. *hat off and a moment of silence*

UPDATE - Sept. 30 - Half off on the venue fee if you bring a setup. And sign ups are now beginning at 11am and doubles are starting at noon. This change in time is because I realized the mall closes at 9, better safe than sorry.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
not so sure about the date (I'll probably be doing something w/ friends for my b-day), but more importantly is this melee, brawl, or brawl+?

judging by the house of smash rules its brawl+ and melee but I just gotta make sure cause I'm pretty melee-only
edit: I followed the link here from the house of smash thread and didn't read the title till just now that says "brawl and melee"
yah mark me down as a maybe, and almost definately if its a better weekend for me

Jiikae

Typing of the Red
Alright when's your b-day? Because once again the date is still a bit flexible because I'm just trying to gauge who would be down with this first. And yeah it's brawl+ and melee.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
honestly you should just drop B+. It seems no one wants to play it and for the purpose of paying for the venue you should probably host vBrawl. I promise you that you would get more people.

Jiikae

Typing of the Red
honestly you should just drop B+. It seems no one wants to play it and for the purpose of paying for the venue you should probably host vBrawl. I promise you that you would get more people.
I play all 3. So it doesn't matter to me one way or the other. I was actually considering adding vBrawl in addition to Brawl+ because I've been starting to "get" vBrawl more and more recently. Thanks for the tip. I guess this is vBrawl and Melee now. :laugh:

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
I play all 3. So it doesn't matter to me one way or the other. I was actually considering adding vBrawl in addition to Brawl+ because I've been starting to "get" vBrawl more and more recently. Thanks for the tip. I guess this is vBrawl and Melee now. :laugh:
ive tried that before and it just consumes too much time. vBrawl and Brawl+ both are much more time consuming than melee

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Oct 30 is my birthday, which is a saturday
if your gonna do 2 games do n64 and melee :) jk no one plays 64 :(

if you have vBrawl, I hate the game, but I might enter if theres only a few people just for the heck of it. I've never played Brawl+ because my brawl disc hasn't worked for about a year and thats about when brawl+ has been out. I could get my wii lense cleaned so it would work but I just have never cared enough

If its any weekend besides that one I'm 99% sure I'll be there

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Oh if I come I'll probably bring a friend also so if you're keeping count thats a whooping 5 of us counting KOkingpin who didn't say he was going technically

Jiikae

Typing of the Red
Updated with rules! Date is looking like November 6th. Entry fee will be confirmed tomorrow also. For now socialize and share your interest! ^_^

Jiikae

Typing of the Red
UPDATE: the date is officially November 13th. Entry fee is $10. Once again if you can bring setups please do and let me know if you are. =D

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
so this is the day before my Birthday. Ill be there with A setup possibly two setups. I'ma try to hype this for you too.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
I can bring a cube and melee disc. I could bring my wii also but it doesn't play dual-layered wii games (like Brawl) because the lense is too dirty or some nonsense

please hype this and get Memphis in. East/Middle TN never meets West TN

Jiikae

Typing of the Red
so this is the day before my Birthday. Ill be there with A setup possibly two setups. I'ma try to hype this for you too.
Thanks KO!!!! We're gonna bring your B-day in the right way! lol

I can bring a cube and melee disc. I could bring my wii also but it doesn't play dual-layered wii games (like Brawl) because the lense is too dirty or some nonsense

please hype this and get Memphis in. East/Middle TN never meets West TN
I might need to count on at least one person to bring Melee. Just found out my Melee disc is acting up. :ohwell:

Hmmm...

If it's going to be KO's bday, Memphis might show up.
PLEASE bring Memphis. That'll make this 10x as awesome.

EDIT: By the way I added an Allisbrawl event thingy..if you're on that site add yourself the attendance list of the event here's the link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=10594

ILoveKe$sha

Smash Apprentice
I may go... But since I'm new I gota ask.. Are you guys all pros like can you all wavedash and SHFFL really good? Cuz I don't want to go and get *****.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I may go... But since I'm new I gota ask.. Are you guys all pros like can you all wavedash and SHFFL really good? Cuz I don't want to go and get *****.
You play Jiggly you'll be fine.
Alternate answer: No one can do any of that in Brawl, and it's a Brawl tourney too...
Alternate alternate answer: Help stop ****: consent.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
This arcade is ballin', and I'd rather not miss a chance to visit my old Melee buddies. I'll definitely see if I can gather Birmingham and/or Huntsville fellows to caravan. :)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
lol guys this would be like my first time ever going to an Arcade on my own will. I'll probably just play smash though because I'm not really a gamer at all. :/

But yeah what Janitor said

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
btw i can bring atleast 1 wii and 1 Gamecube with atleast 3-4 TVs. Come on guys lets hype this up. Id like to see a bunch of peeps come to this. Its got like two months.

Jiikae

Typing of the Red
btw i can bring atleast 1 wii and 1 Gamecube with atleast 3-4 TVs. Come on guys lets hype this up. Id like to see a bunch of peeps come to this. Its got like two months.
No need for TVs. Just consoles. There's only 3 TVs anyway and I'm not sure they have room for more than that and if they do (or if we'd need more than that) they'd move us to a bigger venue in the mall. Which would make the venue fee go up if I'm not mistaken

By the way, we're doing doubles now.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
No need for TVs. Just consoles. There's only 3 TVs anyway and I'm not sure they have room for more than that and if they do (or if we'd need more than that) they'd move us to a bigger venue in the mall. Which would make the venue fee go up if I'm not mistaken

hahaha you are gonna need a lot more tvs than just three to run a tournament. You will need the bigger venue. right now its looking semi hype.

ShadyMilkman

Smash Apprentice
Doubles now, too? This **** is getting tight quickly. My level of hype is unparalleled

Also, to IloveKe$ha, this will be my first tourney. I can't SHFFL for **** (hence why my main characters are Sheik, Peach, and Jiggs) Worst comes to worst, we'll get it pushed in pretty good and then play friendsies like mad =P

And yes, I play friendsies, not friendlies.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace

If this passes 15 people coming, and it looks looks like it will. 3 is not near enough for a good time and fast time. I may be able to bring a tv also if you can confirm a bigger venue. Plan on moving the venue, cause we're gonna make it a big deal. Memphis and Birmingham are all coming whether they know it or not. The venue fee shouldn't be a huge deal if plenty of people come.

I'm gonna try and make a pretty sig link for this this weekend, so every post is +1 hype.

Top Bottom