• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Michigan Upper Peninsula Smash

muchomario

Smash Cadet
Welcome to da U.P. , eh?

Contrary to popular belief, there is a smash scene up here. Though it is small we want it to grow. We have smash groups at Michigan Tech, Northern Michigan University, and even local high schools have small cliques and groups. We are all formed under a giant general group known as UP Smash.
The current problem is that we can't grow if people don't know we exist, and my hope is to let this thread give information to those people who live in the area, or are just visiting to find out where they can play smash.
I Also hope to have other groups in the area to post their info here to expand the smash scene and bring groups together.

Group information

UP Smash
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/UPsmashbros/
Youtube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCrBuYcfMgY-R2AbwGHAtJtQ
Hitbox: www.hitbox.tv/UPSmashOfficial

Hosted "The Blizzard" Smash tournament

NMU Smash

Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/NMUsmash/
Youtube: www.youtube.com/NMUSmash
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/NMUSmash

Hosts Weekly smash fests every Tuesday ( 6pm - 10pm), and Saturday (12pm - 10pm)

MTU Smash

Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/SmashClubMTU/

Hosts "NanoCon" smash tournament each year
Hosted "Smash on Ice"
Weekly Smash fest every Sunday (6pm - 10pm)

Please share any info about any group not posted here! And Please join each group, ask questions and get involved. Each group may play competitively, but we encourage anyone who has an interest in smash to stop by and play for fun, competitive or just learn about smash and the groups involved.

xXMiloXx

Smash Rookie
NNID
Bjkman55
3DS FC
1306-6253-3696
FINALLY! I've been looking all over for something like this! I honestly had no idea a UP Smash group existed until I found this. My faith is restored! :D But in all seriousness, as a UP smasher, finding this makes me so excited. I can finally stretch out my training ground away from my house and get some (hopefully) real good competition and training. Ima spit this thread around as many places that I can because I too want to get the word out about da UP smash scene, eh?

muchomario

Smash Cadet
Yeah man, spread this around as much as you can. Something I want to do is get people to these tournaments and smash fests as much as possible. I'm based in ishpeming so it's hard to coordinate people getting to these things

moe2144

Smash Rookie
Is there a scene for anywhere on the eastern side of the peninsula? We have a very small scene here in the Sault area on the border and I would love to visit some nearside events! I got a friend or two that I know would be joining me as well

Bliz

Smash Rookie
Does this still exist?

Last edited:

Bliz

Smash Rookie
There is a tournament being hosted at Michigan tech it's a weekly don't know how long it will last but it looks like they'll have one on the 9th of December

More info @ http://smashmtu.club

Glassssssssss

Smash Rookie
Michigan Tech's fall semester of weeklies is over, but we'll be back in action, come January 2019. If you're interested, stick around and could fill you guys in for more details.

Top Bottom