• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Michigan tournaments

LeoTSV

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know of any Michigan smash tourneys that are more for beginners? Preferably weekends
Thx!

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Your best bet is to join the MI Smash 4 Facebook Group! It is very active with discussions on anything Smash related and every tournament that is happening in the state will be shown in the group's banner (November hasn't been added yet, I've been super busy). Here is a link to it.

But depending on where you are at, we have weeklies in Southfield at Plum Hollow Lanes every Thursday. They are a great place for newer players to get integrated into the scene while still competing with the State's best players.

Last edited:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Does anyone know of any Michigan smash tourneys that are more for beginners? Preferably weekends
Thx!
To be honest, there aren't many series here that are targeted toward beginners. Even the non PR players can be pretty scary. Getting in MI tournaments when you're a beginner is difficult. On the bright side you learn a LOT really fast and you'll grow if you keep a positive and receptive attitude. There are many senior players who would sit down and introduce you and play with you. I just want you to realize what you're getting yourself into. Michigan is a tough but great scene and I hope to see you at a tournament sometime. :D

oBeast

Smash Cadet
Good luck leoTSV. I just want u guys to know my name is not Leo. so dont be mean to him.

Last edited:

_Brawler

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheGoldenRiolu
Leo I'm just like you and I can't find any tourneys!

But at least ur a Dr. Mario main. :4drmario:

RIP|Merrick

Absolute Trash
NNID
Merricktherox
3DS FC
4339-2630-2726
Leo I'm just like you and I can't find any tourneys!

But at least ur a Dr. Mario main. :4drmario:
Have you been able to come down to any of our tournaments here in Grand Rapids? We have our weeklies every Thursday night, and next week Saturday the next edition of our Calder Clash monthlies! :)

_Brawler

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheGoldenRiolu
Alright!
I'll try to be there, but school really sucks and I might not go very often.

RIP|Merrick

Absolute Trash
NNID
Merricktherox
3DS FC
4339-2630-2726
That's fine! And I feel you about school man, totally understandable when you have a laundry basket of work to do and want to try to get out and do stuff.

YoungSpud

Smash Rookie
Hey I was reading about this and I was hoping to get into the tournament scene of Smash 4 but I didn't know where to start. I read about and I was wondering: where and when does all these tournaments take place? Someone giving me more details about this would be greatly appreciated!

Myg22

Smash Rookie
Thx!
I’m actually starting some tournaments around the area now actually! HMU @masonpionl@gmail.com and I can help you find out which ones you should go to, we have them at two separate sides of the state lol including the UP

Top Bottom