• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Michigan Project M Power Rankings

SoulPech

Smash Master
so like who are top then?

1. Anther
2. LOE1
3. Zinoto
4. Lordy
5. Lain
6. Solharath
7. Blake
8. fZk
9. Not Benji
10. Not Benji?

Also, new guy?

Last edited:

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
It's probably:

1. Anther
2. LOE1
3. JZ
4. Lain
5. Zinoto/Lordy
6. Lordy/Zinoto
7. Blake/Sol
8. Sol/Blake

No need for 9 and 10 at the moment. fZk is definitely better than he was to start out 3.5 but hasn't had a good showing anywhere because he doesn't finish tournaments. I'm pretty much beat by everyone in West MI but continually beat people outside my region. Hell I got a win on KJH, even though he wasn't really feelin' it. I feel bad 'cause while a win is a win, I wanted him to come at me strong.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Wait where is Tetra in that list? And I don't think I've entered 2 tournaments so I don't think I'm eligible.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
It's probably:

1. Anther
2. LOE1
3. JZ
4. Lain
5. Zinoto/Lordy
6. Lordy/Zinoto
7. Blake/Sol
8. Sol/Blake

No need for 9 and 10 at the moment. fZk is definitely better than he was to start out 3.5 but hasn't had a good showing anywhere because he doesn't finish tournaments. I'm pretty much beat by everyone in West MI but continually beat people outside my region. Hell I got a win on KJH, even though he wasn't really feelin' it. I feel bad 'cause while a win is a win, I wanted him to come at me strong.
Hi, hopefully objective bad player opinion incoming:

A group of Anther/LOE1/JZ/Lain/Lordy/Tetra/Blake/Sol + maybe Zinoto (I would guess he still takes PM as seriously as he did 2 years ago)
vs
B group of HankyPanky/Fizzle/Drephen/Carls/SoulPech/Abu/Pick 2 of XYK or Papa or Myself [can sub PChow when/if active] seems rather even or possibly slight Columbus' favor.

If you add in the rest of Ohio: Fumbles, Freze, Village Mascot + maybe VaNz (dunno if the rest of NEOH PM is any good tbh), I think this looks a bit more imbalanced. Rather close, but I would guess Columbus as a city might win and Ohio as a state would probably win.

I am actually not sure at all if Chicago is as strong as either of us right now. I haven't been following many results, but iirc Rat speedruns now, Kirk is MIA, Oro?! I guess plays somewhat. No idea on KirkQ. Ripple is probably close enough to count as Chicago though. If everyone was there an active, I think Chicago would be stronger but with bits and pieces I am not entirely sure.

I think Ohio is probably the deepest state in the entire Midwest for PM, though. Not that this matters all that much.

Last edited:

dirtboy345

Smash Ace

A group of Anther/LOE1/JZ/Lain/Lordy/Tetra/Blake/Sol + maybe Zinoto (I would guess he still takes PM as seriously as he did 2 years ago)
vs
B group of HankyPanky/Fizzle/Drephen/Carls/SoulPech/Abu/Pick 2 of XYK or Papa or Myself [can sub PChow when/if active] seems rather even or possibly slight Columbus' favor.

If you add in the rest of Ohio: Fumbles, Freze, Village Mascot + maybe VaNz (dunno if the rest of NEOH PM is any good tbh), I think this looks a bit more imbalanced. Rather close, but I would guess Columbus as a city might win and Ohio as a state would probably win.

I am actually not sure at all if Chicago is as strong as either of us right now. I haven't been following many results, but iirc Rat speedruns now, Kirk is MIA, Oro?! I guess plays somewhat. No idea on KirkQ. Ripple is probably close enough to count as Chicago though. If everyone was there an active, I think Chicago would be stronger but with bits and pieces I am not entirely sure.

I think Ohio is probably the deepest state in the entire Midwest for PM, though. Not that this matters all that much.
Well it's not like MIchigan doesn't have more good players than just that, I think if we could get the people a crew battle would be hype

CocoThunder

Smash Cadet
Ohio (mainly Columbus) is really good at PM.
Oh yeah, I know.

vs

VaNz moved back to New York. NEOH is mostly a Melee scene but myself, Beegs and a couple others play PM from time to time. I would agree that we are the deepest state in the midwest when it comes to PM.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
chicago doesn't count me as chicago as I have requested many times for Power rankings. I'm a lone wolf

Last edited:

Samn

Smash Cadet
I think we should have a round-robin of top MI players at a tourney to see who we would use in a crew battle scenario. Would be super good practice too, and I'm all for improving MI as a whole.

Nominate10

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-3932-8404
The main problem with that is getting all the higher level players at one tournament.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
The main problem with that is getting all the higher level players at one tournament.
It'd be difficult enough to get the people we know for a crew battle let alone trying to do a round robin type thing on top of it. I'd say if anything just get the PR players we know for sure, I'd be in if you guys need me ;)

thechosenjuan

Smash Cadet
It'd be difficult enough to get the people we know for a crew battle let alone trying to do a round robin type thing on top of it. I'd say if anything just get the PR players we know for sure, I'd be in if you guys need me ;)
How can you do in a crew battle when the only crew battle you've done, you've lost to me? ;)

D e l t a

That one guy who does the thing with a camera.
Back on the Michigan vs Ohio crew battle, I'd be down to see this happen. I'll put $20 up that MI beats OH. Iirc, MI has solid wins on OH players in 1v1s. Lordy/Tetra/Loe1 alone could easily take out most of OH, plus we have Anther/Zinoto/Lain/Sol/fZk that would go in and body everyone that they couldn't scrap up first #shots

Xykness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XYKman
Meh, I think it would be close either way. I think MI has some pretty solid smashers (from what I've seen). I have only had the chance to play against LOE1 from that list and he beat me, but our games were pretty close if I recall. You guys are chill and I would like to see a crew battle for sure.

Does MI have any big tourneys coming up? Maybe we can bring our top crew there or you guys could bring your top crew up to a bigger OH tournament, such as the next Avenge maybe? We could even make it a crew mm of sorts...

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
To be fair, I'm drunk at the moment, but I'd put another $20 on the crew battle, and take 6+ stocks on a $10 sidebet by myself. Ohio is free. Feel free to send Drephen and Hanky at me. Angrycuban/Ryan is free as **** and he's still a bigger obstacle than Hanky. Gonna make that free money~

SoulPech

Smash Master
Back on the Michigan vs Ohio crew battle, I'd be down to see this happen. I'll put $20 up that MI beats OH. Iirc, MI has solid wins on OH players in 1v1s. Lordy/Tetra/Loe1 alone could easily take out most of OH, plus we have Anther/Zinoto/Lain/Sol/fZk that would go in and body everyone that they couldn't scrap up first #shots

Recently, when Lordy/lain goes to our events, they barely crack top 5. The only way they make money in PM is by doubles. Even then, they haven't won that either. Honestly, I can make the same argument as "Columbus players has had solid wins in 1v1s" and it would be just as valid, lol.

Samn

Smash Cadet
What's the turnout like for this? We're like, all the way east and are willing to travel but don't want to show up if there's only 20 entrants

Nominate10

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-3932-8404
Hmm... same date as Grime Time 2. I would have considered going otherwise.

Jawsome

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... same date as Grime Time 2. I would have considered going otherwise.
Lies!!! East Mi would never step foot on our turf, they're to scared. Minus east mi homies that we consider honarary west mi because of how often they party/play with us(lordy/lain/tech chase/ daddy & schwick)

Jayhawker

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it seems like the general MI PM thread.

I'm Jayhawker, I'm pretty new to competitive smash. Some of you may have seen me around here or at an event; but I've only been to a couple. I've been hosting smash tournaments at my house with some of my friends, the most recent of which was Feb. 21st. I recorded a lot of the matches and am in the process of uploading them on youtube. If you want to get some sort of idea of how good our little scene is and/or you want to help us improve (warning: we suck) then it'd be awesome if you would check them out. The video I put up is the loser's finals set, the guy who won the tournament is a lot better than both of us in the video.

D e l t a

That one guy who does the thing with a camera.
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it seems like the general MI PM thread.

I'm Jayhawker, I'm pretty new to competitive smash. Some of you may have seen me around here or at an event; but I've only been to a couple. I've been hosting smash tournaments at my house with some of my friends, the most recent of which was Feb. 21st. I recorded a lot of the matches and am in the process of uploading them on youtube. If you want to get some sort of idea of how good our little scene is and/or you want to help us improve (warning: we suck) then it'd be awesome if you would check them out. The video I put up is the loser's finals set, the guy who won the tournament is a lot better than both of us in the video.
This is the MI Project M Power Rankings thread used to discuss how top players in the state should be ranked. I'm sure there's a MI discussion forum somewhere...

If you want help on improving feel free to message me any videos or questions you may have, I can be of great assistance. If you want this video analyzed for either player let me know and I can help you out.

Top Bottom