• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Michigan Project M Power Rankings

AerosDream

Smash Rookie
I'm trash. Don't really feel like I deserve 10th. Thanks for mentioning me though Super, it means a lot. If you guys do have HM, I'll be happy in there. On a side note, I do feel Dirtboy deserves 10th over me, because he simply has shown up to more events than I have and he performs better.

Edit: Also I've only been mentioned once, by Super, and Dirt has a considerable amount of recognition. So more reason for him making 10th.

Last edited:

fZk

Smash Lord
If I can get @ lordhelmet lordhelmet 's agreement, I suggest extending the season until the end of March. This is because tournaments that ran 3.5 are the ones that will be more heavily considered and that came out less that 2 months ago, which is too short of a time. I have yielded a little bit to @ Solharath Solharath 's appeal and will consider 3.02 tourneys but the main weight will be 3.5 tournaments, read at least 80%.

This means that the spots are very much up for grabs, and while I see some great analysis by some users here, it's still to early to call. Still keep them coming, it helps with making the most accurate PR that the panel can. Also no mention of Beach on any list so far is ridiculous.

I have also updated the 3.5 tournament list linked with brackets.
GVSU Grand Prix 2
KZOO Smash Fall Circuit Championship
Rootfest 15
Manor VI
Beaching Biweekly 5
Beaching Biweekly 6
Ish Now
Gamer's Gasuntlet #1 (No bracket)
Kissfest
Big Beach House
Gamer's Gasuntlet #2
Manor VII

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Def should extend the season. 4 of our best players don't have any results. East Michigan is so bad (TOs not the players).

JZ - OoS, excluded him from previous lists - could change in future. Think he only has 1 tourney anyway
Freze - OoS
Zino - 1 entry
Shady and top Melee guys - what do?

Myself and Anther got 5th at Sweet, Lain took 9th. Get wrecked Michigan.

1. Loe (1 tourney? wins over myself and anther)
2. Lordy (Loe -1, Tetra 0, + vs everyone else in MI IIRC)
3. Lain (only other player with a gold this season? beats everyone who isn't Lordy for the most part)
4. Tetra (patchy results, could be #1 with more attendance imo)
5. Anther (patchy results)
6. Blake
7. Super
8. fzk/Benji
10. Egg/Dirtboy/Sam/Daddy's/Aeros are in the running.

Placements will make sense if we can see Juan's amazing spreadsheet. Give it a few more months imo. Top 9 looks solid to me. We'll probably have a random for 10th unless we see some interesting upsets or if I am missing somebody.

http://smashboards.com/threads/swee...aze-hugs-duck-frootloop.385693/#post-18333087

Last edited:

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Lordy I hope to fight you at Brews to figure out the matchups more evenly. After discovering the combo that finally puts Ike at a disadvantage(TBird informs me that you have a new mantra whenever playing Benji's Sonic), I really want us to play more and put to rest the current problems we've had in the matchup. I certainly have trouble placing myself below Tetra at the moment – I've got a feeling for her playstyle, and have more easily beaten people she's struggled with in the past. In fact, you can argue my wins against the people you've lost to yourself. While I have more 'embarrassing' losses this season, I attribute that more to relearning and readjusting following a patch, same as fZk, who chose to not be in tournaments rather than subjugate himself to matchups he, at the time, didn't know how to approach. I feel stronger than ever, to be honest.

Extending the seasons seems very healthy at the moment. Coming into our own in 3.5 is important, just as important as placing us as we were in the end of 3.02. We've all had adequate time to relearn out characters in the fires of competition, and I'm willing to bet that from this point on, we're going to see some massive shifts in what people expect from us. If anything, I think the ZTD boys have a lot to prove come Jan 24th.

D e l t a

That one guy who does the thing with a camera.
I feel we can all agree on a few spots
1. Loe1
2. Lordy
3. Lain / Tetra / Blake / Anther / Super
8. fZk / Benji
10. Random

Sol- I'm expecting to see great things from you. Talk is one thing, now let's see some major 3.5 Sonic action happen (y)

Lordy- no Toast? Just curious why he's not a candidate for 10th

Gingersnap

Smash Rookie
I'm not in consideration? Notable wins: Lain, LMT, Benji, Beach, Sol
Notable losses: Sol, Lordy and if you want to count the tournament where I intentionally lost, AF. I think wins and losses even from 1 tournament show that I have better results than most of the #10's you guys are suggesting,

Last edited:

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
I believe it's a weighting thing. Many of your wins came from less than 24 hours of people dealing with massive changes, and why the season was extended, enough time to measure people at their best, some adaptability, but then people again as they climb to where they belong. Take Anther, for example, he was really hard to place, then came slamming back as he's become used to the character changes.

You want to be in consideration, put in some work and make people see what you can do at GVGP3. If your Melee cred is anything to go by, you shouldn't have any trouble turning heads this weekend.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I'm not in consideration? Notable wins: Lain, LMT, Benji, Beach, Sol
Notable losses: Sol, Lordy and if you want to count the tournament where I intentionally lost, AF. I think wins and losses even from 1 tournament show that I have better results than most of the #10's you guys are suggesting,
You have 3 tournaments IIRC. We haven't done the spreadsheet yet. You're in the running, but low attendance + bad losses makes you much less likely to make PR than someone like Dirtboy.

fZk reminded me that we only have about 2 months of tournaments since we are throwing 3.0 out of the window. Looks like the next update wont be out for a while. Plenty of time to get results in.

http://smashboards.com/threads/gamers-gauntlet-smash-series-3-1-11-15-results.387656/
http://smashboards.com/threads/ztd-gv-grand-prix-3-results.387638/
http://smashboards.com/threads/avenge-columbus-ohio-results-1-17-2015.387298/

Last edited:

lain

Smash Master
Are we taking into account Rootfest 16? E2C 11 should prolly be on here too, but they're being slow with results.

CocoThunder

Smash Cadet
Nice. Not sure when we will update, May? Michigan is looking like the strongest state in the Midwest now. Keep it up everyone.
I'm pretty sure Illinois would be the strongest state in the midwest. Could be wrong since I don't really follow the PM scene.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I feel like Ohio's better at PM on average compared to Michigan.

Especially since it looks like we put more time into it compared to them.

Jawsome

Smash Apprentice
I feel like Ohio's better at PM on average compared to Michigan.

Especially since it looks like we put more time into it compared to them.
I hope youre not basing this off of East Mi, because West Mi puts in Alot of time. We have tournies almost every week of the month, and we have organized smashfests 3-4 times week

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Lmao Ohio would get absolutely DESTROYED.

Michigan's top 10 is overall stronger than any state that I know of (MW). Our top 5 alone is insane.

Last edited:

SoulPech

Smash Master
Oh man,

MI so dank that they're delusional lol. Also miles, what you said makes no sense. If MI isn't winning OH money who is? I guess it must be OH lol. also, I don't remember when MI last won singles money in OH...

**edits cuz typing on the phone is hard

Last edited:

Rizner

Smash Ace
If this crew battle happens, I would like it named the "How hard can Anther carry crew battle."

Also not sure why Ohio is in this thread being rude. Or why I am in this thread being rude. Hmm, idk. My b. I like humor too much to not post, and am still posting so can't really say sorry.. huh. I'm a jerk :-(

Hey.

Last edited:

lain

Smash Master
They're storming the thread because Colten started a circle-jerk in Ohio's fb group where everyone reminisces about "that one time they beat x player" while sitting around a campfire of their own semen. DISGUSTING.

SoulPech

Smash Master
I didn't start that lol. Might wanna actually read the facebook post lol. I posted "here's what lordy said. Discuss". Then the **** talk happened :p.

It's not even reminiscing. It was a logical discussion rofl.

Seriously though, I feel Chicago is actually the best region in the MW ATM.

Last edited:

lain

Smash Master
It LITERALLY says go here to talk **** LMAO idk mang

then all your c-tier players (and hanky) proceed to tell stories of the good ol' days where someone won a set vs x player, finally turning that 7-0 record into 7-1. gj

:colorful:

SoulPech

Smash Master
Yup.

You're correct. That was their choice, lol. I mean, I don't really think it'll be possible to have ALL of the best players in one centralized area, but I feel as of recently, Columbus (OH) has had an edge over MI. You and Lordy have been winning doubles, but I don't think you two have won money @ Columbus in a while and the last time I went to MI, I got 2nd (losing to LOE1 and Anther, but beat Anther in LF) and beat Benji in a MM. Sucks that neither side is willing to travel more of the better players out to each other's turf :(

Still, I think right now it's

Chicago, Columbus, Michigan as the top 3 currently.

Last edited:

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Chicaco is old news, and I think we'd stomp them.

Anther stopped playing when 3.5 came out, he has since risen again (post Prologue). Lain has leveled up and you can't out the new guy who has been winning our tournaments.

I respect you as a player (SoulP), but I think your win over Anther was a fluke (you and I do go pretty even most of the time, so I will give you that). And Benji isn't even gonna make PR next season. That's how strong the top 10 is.

Top Bottom