• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Michigan Project M Power Rankings

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Ginger is def in the running. I don't see any bad losses but who have you beaten besides going 1-1 with Benji? Blake is a good win but not for this season considering he has only entered one tournament and does not have any wins. Same for Brayden. Depends on if we do a top 8 or top 10. I could def see Mike as an HM, but then you have to compete with Nom and Identity Crisis. Who knows. I also forgot about Dope, I know he's really good but I haven't see him enter anything.

Rudefest Half Baked HYYYYPE

Last edited:

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Ginger is def in the running. I don't see any bad losses but who have you beaten besides going 1-1 with Benji? Blake is a good win but not for this season considering he has only entered one tournament and does not have any wins. Same for Brayden. Depends on if we do a top 8 or top 10. I could def see Mike as an HM, but then you have to compete with Nom and Identity Crisis. Who knows. I also forgot about Dope, I know he's really good but I haven't see him enter anything.

Rudefest Half Baked HYYYYPE
Well, who did Blake beat out at Sweet? I wouldn't count either of those two out with rootfest 7 around the corner, as they could easily come screaming back and taking back 1st and 2nd place, I really can't be sure. West MI too strong.

I'm too inconsistent for this game sometimes. I'm gonna lose so bad on Saturday.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Well, who did Blake beat out at Sweet? I wouldn't count either of those two out with rootfest 7 around the corner, as they could easily come screaming back and taking back 1st and 2nd place, I really can't be sure. West MI too strong.
I'm not counting them out I'm just not counting them because they haven't done anything yet this season. And yeah I haven't been keeping track of East MI so I don't know how consistent Nom and Identity are, but I know they are definitely good.

rootfest this Saturday hype

Gingersnap

Smash Rookie
"I'm just not counting them because they haven't done anything yet this season."
"but then you have to compete with Nom and Identity Crisis"

When I check the rules to be on the PR, I see that you're only required to attend two tournaments which I have done. I plan to attend rootfest 7 this coming saturday which would be a third tournament. I just figured I'd mention that I beat blake because he's taken out Lordy and Super in the past. I understand that it'll be hard to decide which wins are actually notable during the first ranking period ever because… there are no ranked players for me to beat. But if you're going off of tournament placings, I've done my fair share.

I'm not sure who Nom is, but the only tournament that I've entered that Identity Crisis has ALSO entered, I placed 4 places higher.

Last edited:

Xatic

Smash Lord
The first season is always the hardest. I'm sure that the first PR will have pretty conflicting opinions. After this first season everything should even out pretty nicely however.

Gingersnap

Smash Rookie
The first season is always the hardest. I'm sure that the first PR will have pretty conflicting opinions. After this first season everything should even out pretty nicely however.
I completely understand :) I'm just putting in my two cents because I'd like to be on the PR. Personally I feel like the first ranking period should be based mostly off of tournament placings. "Having wins" is a weird concept seeing as you can't "have a win" over a ranked player.

Xatic

Smash Lord
You have to understand what you're asking.

You're asking us to base our ranking solely on tournament placings when the people who are in being looked at currently may or may not be in the same tournaments all the time. So, we do have to takes wins/losses into account at least a little bit. There's no avoiding it with how many "different" P:M communities there are. I'm personally one of the only ones who have entered P:M at "Melee Events" but there's players I still haven't even met (yourself included).

I guess what I'm saying is that it's pretty close to impossible to base our rankings solely on placings when our players do not attend the same events 9/10 times.

Hopefully we have some events where all of the "communities" can come together and maybe we can get a better idea that way. But until then we have to take wins/losses into account for now.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Even if we don't have a set of ranked players to be considered notable wins, it's still relatively easy to know whether players are good wins or not so good wins. There is a past tournament record to look at. If it was as easy as going by placement in tourney, a panel wouldn't even be needed. A computer program could be used to place people, but player X who went to a library tournament and beat players who don't even play the game would be artificially inflated over someone who got 2nd at a small tournament filled with 8 solid players. Judging someone's wins is necessary, and your wins over Benji and Blake will be taken into consideration.

Gingersnap

Smash Rookie
"Blake is a good win but not for this season considering he has only entered one tournament and does not have any wins."

I was just trying to clear this up. I wanted my win to count, because I was basically told it was good! But….. not for the season. But I appreciate a member of the panel telling me it will be noted :) Thanks!

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Lordy isn't even a panelist. He's my teams partner. I'm looking forward to some solid teams practice tomorrow if I can get to GR without any problems. I haven't played this game for, like, a week, and I'm having withdrawals.

Anyway I'm not worried about Blake anymore. I want him to come at me hard 'cause I've been practicing that spacie matchup and I'm getting confident in my ability. Brayden used to be insurmountable too, but I've well passed him if our games at Shuffle are any indication. I am most excited, however, to play fZk again. We haven't met in bracket since 2.6 when I was considering dropping Sonic. After taking out Ish and outplacing Pink Fresh, I'm feeling myself in that matchup.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Yeah I'm not on the panel. Just looking to spur discussion. I think Blake will attend Rootfest. The better he places the better your win looks. If he places low again then your win won't mean a great deal. Similar to how I beat Lain in PM the last time we played. It doesn't mean very much because Lain has never really cared about PM and hasn't placed that great despite being a very good player.

fZk

Smash Lord
Don't anybody sleep on me for the PR, I feel can take anybody in MI out. I'm getting of my plane and heading directly to Rootfest. Hopefully I'll be able to bring my A game.

Lordy isn't even a panelist. He's my teams partner. I'm looking forward to some solid teams practice tomorrow if I can get to GR without any problems. I haven't played this game for, like, a week, and I'm having withdrawals.

Anyway I'm not worried about Blake anymore. I want him to come at me hard 'cause I've been practicing that spacie matchup and I'm getting confident in my ability. Brayden used to be insurmountable too, but I've well passed him if our games at Shuffle are any indication. I am most excited, however, to play fZk again. We haven't met in bracket since 2.6 when I was considering dropping Sonic. After taking out Ish and outplacing Pink Fresh, I'm feeling myself in that matchup.
I'm not playing Lucas anymore.

Last edited:

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
I'm not playing Lucas anymore.

Don't anybody sleep on me for the PR, I feel can take anybody in MI out.
Cool.

I 4stocked the last Diddy I played at Shuffle.
Yeah I'm not on the panel. Just looking to spur discussion. I think Blake will attend Rootfest. The better he places the better your win looks. If he places low again then your win won't mean a great deal. Similar to how I beat Lain in PM the last time we played. It doesn't mean very much because Lain has never really cared about PM and hasn't placed that great despite being a very good player.
I can't imagine Blake placing low at rootfest unless he eats Jawsome's Squirtle. He's getting really ace at the Spacie matchup, I can't see how he controls that little annoying turtle. I'm really curious to see if living in K-zoo has helped him evolve that Squirtle into a WAR-tortle. Either way, Ginger did good beating Blake, I'm just laughing about how much of a cluster everything is right now. So much talent everywhere. Rootfest 7 is gonna be a bloodbath.

Jawsome

Smash Apprentice
Cool.

I 4stocked the last Diddy I played at Shuffle.

I can't imagine Blake placing low at rootfest unless he eats Jawsome's Squirtle. He's getting really ace at the Spacie matchup, I can't see how he controls that little annoying turtle. I'm really curious to see if living in K-zoo has helped him evolve that Squirtle into a WAR-tortle. Either way, Ginger did good beating Blake, I'm just laughing about how much of a cluster everything is right now. So much talent everywhere. Rootfest 7 is gonna be a bloodbath.
That's not true, tell them about the real last Diddy you played :p
And I've gotten alot better at the spacie matchup, but the more I learn about it, the more spacies learn about the Squirtle matchup. I haven't been to a Kzoo smashfest yet, i've just been playing lots of Skeetown homies. Shoutouts to Red for best Diddy in MI, even though I haven't seen FZK's haha. Rootfest is gonna be mad Hype, and the results could be anyones guess.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
I've been wondering if this would ever come to fruition and I guess it's time. This will hopefully spark some new life in the MI smash scene. Also this thread needs humility. A top players' skill speaks for itself, if you're good it'll show all on it's own.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Premium
I've been wondering if this would ever come to fruition and I guess it's time. This will hopefully spark some new life in the MI smash scene. Also this thread needs humility. A top players' skill speaks for itself, if you're good it'll show all on it's own.
"You're still all free to me." - #1 in MI, Zinoto. < 3

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
your consistency might put you at #4...

behind loe1 :troll:
He plays more consistently and has been more competitively active than I have been. I see no issue with this.

EDIT: Although now that I think about it, who places above me? Anther, obviously. While he has nothing but losses against me, I haven't been able to meet him in bracket since. Lordy consistently beats me, but I've outplaced him at every event we don't meet in bracket, so I'd probably place myself above him by a single place.

Zinoto hasn't been to enough events, and he's running out of time to be considered. I haven't seen Shady at any events recently and I've attended a good majority of them.

It's a shame I lost to LOE1, but our set count so far is even in this season. I've shown I can beat Identity Crisis rather handily, as well.

At the moment, if my memory of who is in MI is correct, then it should be:
0. Zinoto(Placing him here because of previously discussed reasons)
1. Anther
2. Solharath/LOE1
3. LOE1/Solharath
4. Lordy

I suppose if LOE1 is placed above me and Zinoto is added to the PR, then I'd be #4, but as I said last Saturday, as long as I fall into the Top 5 I'm fairly happy. I just wish I'd have had the chance to play Zinoto by now.

Last edited:

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
I'm fairly confident since the season lasts through May, there will be opportunities for people to play again and hopefully make the order of the rankings more clear.

Axrz

Smash Apprentice
It's a shame I lost to LOE1, but our set count so far is even in this season. I've shown I can beat Identity Crisis rather handily, as well.
Not only had I never played a sonic before, but I've also never played you before. Next time, our set will be closer. Might even be in my favor if you keep sleeping on me ;)

<3. Misa

Smash Rookie
Super's posts are garbage, besides sleeping on Alex. He's garbage too.

Last edited:

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Super's posts are garbage, besides sleeping on Alex. He's garbage too.
Lawl.

He plays more consistently and has been more competitively active than I have been. I see no issue with this.

EDIT: Although now that I think about it, who places above me? Anther, obviously. While he has nothing but losses against me, I haven't been able to meet him in bracket since. Lordy consistently beats me, but I've outplaced him at every event we don't meet in bracket, so I'd probably place myself above him by a single place.

Zinoto hasn't been to enough events, and he's running out of time to be considered. I haven't seen Shady at any events recently and I've attended a good majority of them.

At the moment, if my memory of who is in MI is correct, then it should be:
0. Zinoto(Placing him here because of previously discussed reasons)
1. Anther
2. Solharath/LOE1
3. LOE1/Solharath
4. Lordy

I suppose if LOE1 is placed above me and Zinoto is added to the PR, then I'd be #4, but as I said last Saturday, as long as I fall into the Top 5 I'm fairly happy. I just wish I'd have had the chance to play Zinoto by now.
I've been to 2 events already, but I'm going to other events; P:M just isn't something I considered traveling for. When I get the motivation to actually practice the game I'll start to travel, but right now I still kind of treat it as a side event (college/lazy johns as well).

Also, I don't think it's a shame you lost to LOE1 at all. It just further proves the point that I think the backroom tried to make, P:M tests how well you know Smash (not Brawl/Melee individually or well you can learn P:M itself). LOE1 doesn't really have any melee background yet he can still place pretty high in our region with those that do. He was placing well before he even decided to download the game. He's just good at smash in general, a trait you can't get from simply practicing P:M.

Placings don't actually matter mainly because it's just another way to say who you won/lost to. If you lose to Lordy every time yet you outplace him anyways, there are obviously people you can beat that he cannot, so that's what you should be looking at, not the number next to his name in the results thread. If I get a bye in winners and lose 0-2, yet you go 1-2 without the bye; we will place the same, except I did nothing to get there.

I'm pretty sure everyone you beat remembers that you beat them,, relax. You're gunning so hard for the people ahead of you that you don't realize that there are people behind you (and those are the ones that are taking sets off of you).

On a different note, you guys should make a spreadsheet like the ones for the brawl PR. Not only does it act as a record for you all, but it acts as a form of proof for the non-panelists. When you come to a consensus on a list, I can guarantee you that at least one person will say something in the form of "LOL r u kidding?!? I'm better than ____, why is he on here and I'm not?" That's when you bring up the spreadsheet and say "Well as you can see he has a 1-0 record with ____, ____, and ____ while you have loses to ____, ____, ___. Therefore stfu plz and ty." Ori images are also a must for this. Gotta make it look smexy.

Last edited:

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Is it really Project M not Project:M??? Also, we do have a spreadsheet!! I'm lazy and still have to put in rootfest results tho

Top Bottom