• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Michigan Project M Power Rankings

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
@ Solharath Solharath The majority of my pm play has been netplay ;]!

LOOK AT IT http://smash.anthrzy.com/netplay/calendar/2014/1

But on the for real, there are quite a few michigan players joining netplay. A lot are newer so we have a lot of work to do in that regard ;x.

#netplayRegion
I have no idea what I'm looking at. It's good to see some MI on netplay though. I'm gonna try to get Smalls to get his rig going, as we have the adapters and such for playing. It's also good that West MI is getting new reps if the old ones are out. Tech_Chase himself would be eligible, if he was interested.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
I just did it a short time ago, was gonna make a post about it, but you already discovered it. XD Scott will take over this thread once a mod gets back to me, and the front post will be made more pretty.

1. Anther
2. DA LOE1
3. Super
4. LoF Zinoto
5. Lordy
6. L_Cancel
7. Benji
8. Blake
9. Lain
10. PSG Identity Crisis

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Yeah so I really don't understand how Alex ended up in #10 over fZk, Zyth, Daddy's Kisses... I dunno, who is he winning against? Also Lain was surprising, I didn't even know he was playing much at all. Especially to the point where he was placed above others.

Maestro_

Court Composer
NNID
Maestro227
3DS FC
3411-1820-5923
Lain went to enough to make it, but again, so did fzk. Daddy's Kisses hasn't even been seen outside West MI has he?

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
He got himself bopped at MSSS by hitting Lordy early and then being unable to handle the WuVs, which I believe is the reason why he got himself out of the running, despite continued strong appearances in West MI. He himself is from the Detroit area so I dunno.

zyth

Smash Lord
I'm gonna have to go with everyone else on this. Me or fZk should be 10 instead of Alex, not bias towards me, cuz fZk beat me in tourny so if he would be placed above me I understand. but what puts alex above us?

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Thread now officially belongs to Xatic. I hope you guys keep carrying the PR forward without me. Good luck! n_n/

LOE1

Smash Lord
K so dont put DA next to my name lol, ive had enough of that :p

anyways. i could be a panalist if you guys need one. if not its fine lol

so the list. i think yall are underestimating zinoto lol, but i can understand his placing due to his lack of tournament appearences. idk if super should be above him though, maybe tied. this is all due to him not entering, not how good he is by how i see it. although super is positive vs anther, and zinoto goes even with anther, and i havent rly ever beatin anther since his first tourney since he came back. the rest of the placings seem fine (but ive never seen blake play). 10th spot could go to alot of people really, but i dont really keep up with those wins and losses. i mean i could honestly see lain as #5. im just judging all this from the skill that i have seen. its just top 4 im kinda hesitant about, except anther being #1. but its not my job lol. anyways, next season is gonna be very interesting. we'll see how that goes.

:wario:

Xatic

Smash Lord
PM PR Panel:
>2 members left
>I am told to take over "leadership duties" for this on short notice.
>I've been working 6 days a week, have a life outside of smash and don't log-on to smashboards as often.

I'm only going to briefly cover why Alex was put on the list and I'm going to use the rest of my time filling the spots left my L_Cancel and root. This is all I am going to cover about this list at the current time.

We (Myself, L_Cancel, and Anther) felt that Alex had a pretty solid end to the season having wins over Juushichi at SPAU3 and Kzhu, Jono (who beat Benji earlier that day), and fZk at MSSS1 gave him a slight edge over the others in our opinions. His only "bad loss" on the season was Zyth who was also in PR contention while fZk had no real notable wins that we were made aware of.

Again, this is the only post I'm making about the list atm. I hope this helps a little.

Rottenyogurt

Smash Rookie
Okay, this is going to be a little bit out of nowhere. But on the original post one thing kind of bothered me. It says at one point: "Ranking Period for Season: 6/1/2014 - 9/31/2014"

September 31st?? What? Probably a typo, should probably fix that.. Sorry to post this unrelated nitpick, I will leave you fine gentleman to your serious discussion. Good day.

Maestro_

Court Composer
NNID
Maestro227
3DS FC
3411-1820-5923
and fZk at MSSS1
Oh.

PM PR Panel:
>2 members left
>I am told to take over "leadership duties" for this on short notice.
>I've been working 6 days a week, have a life outside of smash and don't log-on to smashboards as often.
Also no need to get all defensive, just making a joke. Your response was adequate.

Last edited:

lordhelmet

Smash Master
http://smashboards.com/threads/manor-smash-1.358397/

:troll:

I do agree with the list (as being current to the season). I think that if Zinoto is to be demoted, he should have been placed 5th - since the only reason he was demoted is lack of attendance and not because of superior players. Super and I are evenly skilled (I'm more consistent in region, he's much better OoR). Placing Zinoto at 4th seems like a bad compromise.

I look forward to season 2.

Edit: I think Super would be a fine pick for our WM panelist.

Edit2: 8th-10th place is extremely hard to judge. They are all great players with a lack of results. IE: Lain/Alex never travel here and Blake never travels to EM for PM. I think the panel did a fine job. (Alex over Daddy seems wrong, but I don't know all their results either)

Edit3: Where's that OriBro photoshop image? I feel robbed. Didn't even get character icons next to our names :denzel:

Last edited:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Where's that OriBro photoshop image? I feel robbed.
I'm about to enter finals week for my summer class so my free time is limited this week. I told Scott that starting next Thursday/Friday I will be open to take commissions again. So if they want to give me their theme, what character will represent a player, and all that jazz I can start immediately when I have my free time given back to me! I will always be available for Michigan Rankings to get awesome graphics~

Last edited:

Zinoto

Smash Lord
So is this PR based off of wins/losses or is it something else?

Also you know what would prevent lots of doubt from everyone 30 seconds after you release a PR
A spreadsheet

Also Also, let me be a panelist. I can teach you all how to PR.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Also you know what would prevent lots of doubt from everyone 30 seconds after you release a PR
A spreadsheet
-dead-

Michigan's Brawl Panel is what you guys need to emulate. Also +1 for Zinoto as a new panelist and +1 to either Juan or Miles as the west side panelist.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
On a different note, you guys should make a spreadsheet like the ones for the brawl PR. Not only does it act as a record for you all, but it acts as a form of proof for the non-panelists. When you come to a consensus on a list, I can guarantee you that at least one person will say something in the form of "LOL r u kidding?!? I'm better than ____, why is he on here and I'm not?" That's when you bring up the spreadsheet and say "Well as you can see he has a 1-0 record with ____, ____, and ____ while you have loses to ____, ____, ___. Therefore stfu plz and ty." Ori images are also a must for this. Gotta make it look smexy.
Not gonna say I told you so, but......

You can't even really blame anyone for being speculative. There's nothing to go off of but the opinions of the panelist and the posts that were made in the thread.

"Thanks for everyone's input and it will be taken into consideration when making our final decisions." And then there's this statement. You got a group of people, that's what you should use.

Give me like a day and a half and I'll put together the spreadsheet for you guys. If anyone knows all the tournies that counted for this season, posting them here will save me a lot of time.

Xatic

Smash Lord
Starting out a PR from scratch is always the hardest and Season 1 is always the most controversal.

With 2/5 of the panel leaving and not caring much about the panel it left the 3 of us in a really awkward situation (2 of us never even being on a panel like this before.)

I'm not going to make any changes to the PR we have released even tho I see obvious problems with it. It just wouldn't be fair to anyone we've put on there already.

If you feel like you should have made the list and did not, prove it next season. Beat MULTIPLE PR'd players to give yourself the best opportunity to stand out. The 1st season is always the hardest because it's legit the most opinion based season of any power ranking since you don't have much to go off of.

With the addition of Zinoto, it adds 1 more person besides myself who actually has experience being on a power ranking panel. Hopefully we will be better off splitting duties this season without 2 members leaving on such short notice without much word of doing so.

Look forward to Season 2 guys. Prove to us that without a doubt, you deserve to be on there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom