• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Michigan Project M Power Rankings

fZk

Smash Lord
For the sake of transparency, the initial list wasn't unanimous. This is more in tune to what I had. I hope everyone is pleased with the list, and the errors in the date have been cleared up.

D e l t a

That one guy who does the thing with a camera.
For the sake of transparency, the initial list wasn't unanimous. This is more in tune to what I had. I hope everyone is pleased with the list, and the errors in the date have been cleared up.
As with all panels, there is rarely 100% unanimous agreement every single time. This is why I'm glad it's a smaller, odd number for sake of simplicity. Personally with votings and rankings, I choose to let tournaments and placements speak for themselves. Obviously in a situation with the PR lists, we have to weight how records change over time, but also consider the most recent placings with higher impact overall.

All in all, I'm glad the first rankings I've been a part of went over fairly well. I'm looking forward to season 4 and I wish the best of luck for everybody!

Last edited:

TheRedLemming

Smash Cadet
So, new to the scene. (Like, super new)
Still learning stuff about my mains just in general, so for the bit of discussion: I don't have much ability to travel anywhere for events yet. Are there any events that take place in KZoo Or all they all pretty much in GR, EL, and AA?

D e l t a

Glad to have you join the scene. There's definitely tons of people that are willing to help you improve and teach you some of the basics to help get started. Don't be afraid to ask questions!!

As for transportation, join the Facebook groups. After joining the Michigan Project M group, the About section will then give you the links to more West MI based groups from there. Feel free to post when you need a ride and provided you pay gas money or live super close to someone, I'm sure there's always someone that will do their best to give you a ride.

haru-zocole

Smash Cadet
challonge.com/KoKPM

results arent up yet but this is a good place to put this for now.

haru-zocole

Smash Cadet
since 3.6 came out we should do a finishing of 3.5 PR. or are you planning on keeping the season the same size and ignore version change?

D e l t a

since 3.6 came out we should do a finishing of 3.5 PR. or are you planning on keeping the season the same size and ignore version change?
The way I see it (as I believe many others do):

1. The last season lasted a majority of 3.5 and 3.6 came out only a short while after the newest season began. There was a decent gap between 3.5 and 3.6 of notable tourneys, which doesn't affect much in terms of PR placings

2. There aren't too many distinguishable factors between last season's PR and the current drafts for PR. Only the high potential for Tap being added and Blake / Benji being removed due to low attendance would be the biggest changes IMO.
As with last season, Loe1 & Anther attend just enough tourneys to make PR and usually attend the more stacked tourneys at times: Shuffle VII, Project MSU, Gamer's Gauntlet (early January & last weekend's) both including Anther, Loe1, Tetra, Lordy, Lain and this past having the previous mentioned save for Lordy.

3. 3.5 and 3.6b are fairly close in terms of overall updates, which won't drastically affect the PR rankings as much as 3.0 -> 3.5 did. Not to mention 3.6 is still a beta and I'm sure that a full version or 3.7 something will most likely be released in the near future.

D e l t a

I would give at least another 6 months before we see 3.6 or 3.7/whatever.
I'd say the current period of May thru September is fine. Potentially mark the season's end at TBH5 in beginning of October if there is a big PM side event. That gives essentially the summer months + a little extra time before & after to determine rankings. As a side note, people like Loe1, Tap, or other high school / college kids are given fair chances to attend tourneys without the school year taking up their time.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
There is much less of a difference this time around though

Last edited:

D e l t a

How is tracking of brackets going? @ fZk fZk @ D e l t a D e l t a

Bowling For Smash?? 7/23?? Tetra > NoJ > Lain
GGSS 7/26 Lordy > Loe > NoJ
Slight progress on it. I got bodied with several college assignments and had 2 tests to study for already... Either this or next weekend I should have an excel doc I'll share on Google Drive.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Hey Lordy, could you change my Pr name to Solharath already? I've been wondering why I've been seeded so consistently out of whack. Checked my name and it's still Super.

Top Bottom