• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Michigan Melee Social Thread and Power Rankings

harsedon1

Smash Rookie
Yes i am playing super smash bro.I will join your page so that i will got the all information. I got much information through your post. Thanks

West Bloomfield Township MI Locksmith

Part of the Michigan Melee network:

Do you play Super Smash Bros. Melee? Live in Michigan? Here's how to get connected with the community. These links will keep you up-to-date with all upcoming events, announcements, and garner community feedback to help improve the scene. It will also serve as a general discussion place.

If you're new, be sure to join the Michigan Melee Facebook group, a new way to communicate with the Michigan Melee scene.

- Smashfest Locations -

Ann Arbor
The Game Room
Mason Hall

Juggleguy's House

Bloomfield Hills
HIV+'s House

East Lansing
General Heinz's Dorm

Holland
Flandy's House

Howell
Tremor's Apartment

Rochester Hills
Solo's House

St. Clair Shores
RyeJew's House

Troy
Slayertokey's House

Warren
DRDN's House

West Bloomfield
BloodyJoker's House

Last edited:

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Last edited:

roc effin banga!

Smash Rookie
As JuggleGuy said, the second biggest tournament of the year in michigan in on that weekend! You can find details here
http://smashboards.com/threads/jun-...nal-feat-armada-axe-kage-ann-arbor-mi.350449/
or https://www.facebook.com/events/628049580578011/
I peeped that. so Since I'm going to SWEET I guess I'm gonna have to push it back to July :(
But on the bright side, me and the monster are going to SWEET! I'm gonna hit the lad so I don't get murdered like@beachhouse

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
It shouldn't be too much trouble finding people to play with. Also, a lot of the state's top players live around that area.

Last edited:

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
anybody in the lansing area wanna play melee sometime? The worse the better because im free. On a moose scale im like 10x moose's ability so thats pretty awful :(

LOE1

Smash Lord
hmm...maybe i'll bust out the ganon at one of these next melee tournies...

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
a little warm, but it wasn't actually as bad as I thought it might be. We had 17 entrants and we had a round robin. I think all but 4 of the matches got played.

JonathantheMeSa

Smash Journeyman
What's up MI melee! I am going to be moving back to East Lansing Friday and plan on throwing a smashfest at my apt the following weekend, the day depends on what works best for the EL community!

I hope to throw fairly regular SFs throughout the year and hopefully we can get the EL community some action. Haven't been up to date with the smash scene for a few years but hoping to change that (slightly).

If your in the EL area and looking to play hit me up and we can get this **** rolling!

Melee and 64 only plz! None of that Brawl garbagio or that wanna be Project M. We actually wanna actually enjoy the game.

Peace!

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
Shibby here, once again very proud to announce the MI Melee Summer Power Rankings! This was by far the hardest list for the panel to put together, and was a learning experience for us all. There were some spots that literally came down to 1 win or loss. Please discuss! This will also be the last PR list that I personally will be a part of putting together, so this post is also serves as my resignation from the panel. Thank you all for continuing to play this amazing video game after it has stood a true test of time.

Michigan Melee
Power Ranking

Panelists: SonuvaBeach, Shibbypod, 401k, Ginger, & Dre. Overseen by KJH & Moose

Updated September 3, 2014
The Michigan Melee Power Ranking is a roster of the strongest and most competitive Melee players in the state. We hope that this power ranking can motivate up-and-coming Smashers to attend more tourneys and improve, and that the player directory can help organize the community as well as benefit everyone in Michigan overall.

Player performance this past ranking period are weighted in order as follows, with more emphasis on the current season to encourage and reward activity. 1. Bracket W/L this season 2. Pools W/L this season 3. Bracket W/L previous seasons. Doubles performance, tourney placings, friendlies, and moneymatches are not directly considered.

PR
1. Duck
- Ann Arbor :samusmelee: +0
2. Kalamazhu
- Ann Arbor :peachmelee: +1
3. KJH
- Detroit :falcomelee::foxmelee: +1
4. SonuvaBeach - Howell :sheikmelee: +2
5. Juggleguy - Ann Arbor :falconmelee: +2
6. Blake
- Kalamazoo :foxmelee: +4
7. RyeJew -
St. Clair Shores :foxmelee: *new*
8. Hellsing
- Utica :marthmelee: *new*
9. Ginger
- Holland :falcomelee::foxmelee: *new*
10. Shibbypod
- Midland :drmario: *new*

Honorable Mentions (alphabetical order)
Dre - West Bloomfield :marthmelee:
NJA - Holland :peachmelee:
Severest - Lansing :icsmelee:
Skigh - Flint :samusmelee:
Zbet - Kalamazoo :falcomelee:

These players perform well and have defeated some ranked players in tourney, but are just outside the top ten in our opinion.

I
nactive Mentions (alphabetical order)
Anther
- Ann Arbor :pikachumelee::falcomelee:
Bigy - South Haven :falconmelee:
Lain - Ann Arbor :falcomelee::foxmelee:
Mikey Lenetia - Sterling Heights :peachmelee:
Moose - Ann Arbor :falcomelee:
Shady
- East Lansing :marthmelee::foxmelee:
Soul
- Detroit :foxmelee:
Vaccine
- Bloomfield Hills :falcomelee::sheikmelee:
Velynn
- Grand Rapids :jigglypuffmelee:

These players were strong contenders before becoming inactive, and would likely be ranked or honorably mentioned if still active today.

Notes
Ranking Criteria
1. Notable wins and losses vs mutual opponents
2. Performance vs out-of-state competition
3. Head-to-head records in brackets and pools
4. Previous ranking influence
5. Our personal opinion

Things Not Considered
* Doubles performance
* Tournament placings
* Friendlies
* Moneymatches

Ranking Eligibility
* Residency in Michigan for the majority of the regular calendar year (at least 6 months per year)
* Active status as a tournament entrant. During a ranking period, a player must enter Melee Singles in at least one-third of the in-state tournaments to qualify as active. This means a minimum of 4 tournaments over this past ranking period.

Tournament Eligibility
* At least 10 entrants
* At least 3 ranked or mentioned players

General Heinz

Smash Journeyman
lol alright not like it matters but

besides zbet and the illustrious PR| Dre what on falcon's ****ing **** is this

Last edited:

tm

Smash Ace
Wooooow the inactivity is so real.

Where's Shaeden on the inactive list?

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Is Vaccine really considered inactive? I saw him at quite a few tourneys this summer
Vaccine, Shady, and Soul all attended 3 tournaments. The requirement to be ranked was to attend 1/3 tournaments during the season and since there was 13 tournaments, that meant everyone must attend 4.

TUSK

Smash Cadet
The biweekly's were so cool. sad that the last one is coming up soon..... will we ever have something like those again?

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
The biweekly's were so cool. sad that the last one is coming up soon..... will we ever have something like those again?
I don't think the UM Biweeklies will be taking place again during the Spring semester, but they very well could return for the fall or maybe during the summer. It really just depends on how many other tournaments we have going on.

For the spring/first half of 2015 you can expect the SWEET series to return and Beachin Biweeklies likely will move to Saturdays or Sundays.

Stif

Smash Apprentice
I don't think the UM Biweeklies will be taking place again during the Spring semester, but they very well could return for the fall or maybe during the summer. It really just depends on how many other tournaments we have going on.

For the spring/first half of 2015 you can expect the SWEET series to return and Beachin Biweeklies likely will move to Saturdays or Sundays.
You can expect some non Sweet events at MSU as well

Stif

Smash Apprentice
Michigan Melee
Power Ranking
Panelists: Dre,Ginger, NJA, SonuvaBeach, Stif and TM
Last updated: January 13th, 2015
The Michigan Melee Power Ranking is a roster of the strongest and most competitive Melee players in the state. We hope that this power ranking can motivate up-and-coming Smashers to attend more tourneys and improve, and that the player directory can help organize the community as well as benefit everyone in Michigan overall.

Player performance this past ranking period are weighted in order as follows, with more emphasis on the current season to encourage and reward activity. 1. Bracket W/L this season 2. Pools W/L this season 3. Bracket W/L previous seasons. Doubles performance, tourney placings, friendlies, and moneymatches are not directly considered.

Power Ranking
1. Duck- Ann Arbor :samusmelee: +0
2. Kalamazhu
- Ann Arbor :peachmelee: +0
3. Moose
- Ann Arbor :falcomelee: *returning*
4. KJH
- Detroit :falcomelee::foxmelee: -1
5. Sonuvabeach- Howell :sheikmelee: -1
6. Juggleguy- Ann Arbor :falconmelee: -1
7. Ginger- Holland :falcomelee::foxmelee: +2
8. Hellsing- Utica :marthmelee: +0
9. Dre- West Bloomfield :marthmelee::pikachumelee: *returning*

10. tm- Toledo :ganondorfmelee: *new*

Honorable Mentions (alphabetical order)
Lain- Ann Arbor :foxmelee::falcomelee::marthmelee:
NJA- Holland :peachmelee:
Roki- Ann Arbor :foxmelee:
Toadster- Ann Arbor :dkmelee::foxmelee:
Tran- Holland :foxmelee:

These players perform well and have defeated some ranked players in tourney, but are just outside the top ten in our opinion.

Inactive Mentions (alphabetical order)
Anther - Ann Arbor :pikachumelee::falcomelee:
Bigy- South Haven :falconmelee::linkmelee:
Blake- Kalamazoo :foxmelee:
RyeJew-
St. Clair Shores :foxmelee:
Shady- Lansing :marthmelee:
Shaeden- Farmington Hills :falcomelee:
Soul- Detroit :foxmelee:
Vaccine- Bloomfield Hills :falcomelee::sheikmelee:
Velynn-
Grand Rapids :jigglypuffmelee:

These players were strong contenders before becoming inactive, and would likely be ranked or honorably mentioned if still active today.

Notes

Ranking Criteria
1. Notable wins and losses vs mutual opponents
2. Performance vs out-of-state competition
3. Head-to-head records in brackets and pools
4. Previous ranking influence
5. Our personal opinion

Things Not Considered
* Doubles performance
* Tournament placings
* Friendlies
* Moneymatches

Ranking Eligibility
* Residency in Michigan for the majority of the regular calendar year (at least 6 months per year)
* Active status as a tournament entrant. During a ranking period, a player must enter Melee Singles in at least four tournament this period
*Special exceptions can be made for players who are extremely active within Michigan despite not having permanent residency. (ex: tm)

Tournament Eligibility
* At least 10 entrants
* At least 3 ranked or mentioned players

Last edited:

tm

Smash Ace
tm is lowercase ;)

also there are a few inconsistencies with font size / boldness, if anyone cares about that stuff

kd-

Smash Lord
Yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

shoutouts to four tournaments, making me ineligible!!!! :D :D :D :D
^____________________________^

I think I went to two sweets and fight pitt, goTTemmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Stif

Smash Apprentice
I'm really surprised to see no mention of Shibbypod.
Atleast as an inactive.
We had to trim the Inactive list a little becuase it seemed a little silly to have like 12/13 notable inactives. Shibby got the axe as did people like zbet and severest. But maybe we should add shibby because he was PR.

Top Bottom