• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Michigan Melee Social Thread and Power Rankings

Shaeden

Smash Journeyman
I'm surprised I'm even on there, but I live in Farmington Hills now.

Anyone that lost to my Marth needs to be taken off all of the lists for everything.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I wish we would use this thread more. I always thought of the FB group as a complimentary tool, not the primary source of discussion.

kd-

Smash Lord
I wished MI Melee used smashboards as a whole more, but that never happened and just won't happen. I tried, I posted a ton in the regular forum ;_;

I, like Julian, thought this thread was dead and definitely wasn't going to be posting in here. You might as well pin something on the MI Melee FB thread instead

edit: just reread the first three or so pages - I wanted to say I posted on every single page of this thread (but was unable to do so :[ unless you cheat with the posts-per-page setting) - and MY GOD there was a metric ****-ton of **** talk jesus we salty yo

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
There might not be enough data yet. Especially with the topsy turvy nature of Michigan Melee tournament results recently. Maybe sometime towards the end of the summer, before Big House?

kd-

Smash Lord
Why are you resuscitating this thread?

The only reason this thread should exist is for this purpose: The Big MI Discussion Topic thread is the thread where new people post at, where they are directed to the MI Melee Facebook page. We can redirect them from the MI Melee page to this thread, where they will be redirected back to the MI Melee Facebook page

D

Deleted member

I might be moving to northern Michigan sometime in the next 6 months or something like that. I come from DFW Texas, the land of Sethlon.
No seriously though, do you guys have a P:M or Melee scene? I don't want to leave Texas... but if I must I still want to keep playing smash.

D

Deleted member

I don't know yet. Technically its only theoretical but its VERY likely I'll have to move.
But there isn't a smash scene in northern Michigan at all?! I don't want to live anymore... I just want to stay in DFW

fZk

Smash Lord
I don't know yet. Technically its only theoretical but its VERY likely I'll have to move.
But there isn't a smash scene in northern Michigan at all?! I don't want to live anymore... I just want to stay in DFW

Well northern MI is the upper peninsula and I doubt hey even have electricity over there.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I hate to break it to you, but the Smasher population density of northern Michigan definitely leaves something to be desired.

D

Deleted member

Okay so in a week I found out I'm moving to southern michigan, not northern. Any chance I'll find smash there?

D

Deleted member

I'll try to inform you on where I will end up. Hopefully a venue will be close to me that you guys actively hold monthlies.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Okay so in a week I found out I'm moving to southern michigan, not northern. Any chance I'll find smash there?
Well, "southern Michigan" is a very vague term and I've never actually heard anyone say that before. You'll have to be more specific. You could be in the metro Detroit area and be in great shape for finding Smashers. You could be in the Ann Arbor area and be in even better shape for finding Smashers. Or you could be in Jackson and have zero Smashers within a 30-mile radius. Is there any reason you can't just tell us exactly where you'll be living? :p

D

Deleted member

The thing is that we don't know yet. I'm going to be in an RV for a few days, move in with other family, and then we're going to settle on a house. The only clue that I have is that my father said he wanted to take me to the Detroit Lions games (football team), so I'd assume I'm close to the Ann Arbor/Detroit area.

D

Deleted member

The thing is thats only a guess that were close to there.
Anyways, I'm just going to assume I end up close to there... So do you guys have any monthlies or anything going on, or is everything put aside for Big House 3.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
The thing is thats only a guess that were close to there.
Anyways, I'm just going to assume I end up close to there... So do you guys have any monthlies or anything going on, or is everything put aside for Big House 3.
I'm hosting monthlies in Detroit.

Top Bottom