• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Michigan Arcadian 2 Results [4/25/15 - Ann Arbor, MI]

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium

Michigan Arcadian 2
Results Thread
April 25th, 2015
Ann Arbor, MI

Original Thread

Results Thread
Videos Archive

Great tourney everyone! Huge turnout, intense matches, tons of hype. I'm really happy the entire state of Michigan was able to come together to put on this event, including over a dozen current or formerly ranked players who were in attendance to captain the crew battles and spectate. That really says a lot about how awesome the Michigan Melee scene is. I think everyone will level up big time from this event due to the sheer number of matches you got vs similarly-skilled opponents, and the late-bracket tourney pressure that some of you may not have experienced before. All in all, a very successful event that should be remembered for awhile!

Thanks to those who helped me run the tourney, including but not limited to:
Gamero
Beach
Roki
Sasha
Schmitty
CTL
Fendy
Parzival
Lange
Heartstrings
Rabidfingers
ShinsuYavi
RyeJew
Stif
Mars
Shan
Nathan

Thanks to the ranked players who showed up to support the tourney:
Duck
Kalamazhu
KJH
Beach
Ginger
Hellsing
Dre
tm
Vaccine
RyeJew
DarkLouis
MB-Smash

Melee Singles (204 entrants)
https://smash.gg/tournament/michigan-arcadian-2/brackets
http://michigansmash.challonge.com/michiganarcadian2
1: Butch G :peachmelee: ($816)
2: Skigh :samusmelee: ($408)
3: Mules :falcomelee: ($306)
4: JU4N :falcomelee: ($204)
5: F&Co. | The Oak :jigglypuffmelee: ($102)
5: zbet :falcomelee: ($102)
7: Zinoto :drmario: ($51)
7: Parzival :marthmelee: ($51)
9: Napkin :sheikmelee:
9: GG | HoneyBaked :foxmelee:
9: Jono :falcomelee:
9: Deep Fox :foxmelee:
13: Paper :sheikmelee:
13: NJA :peachmelee:
13: Vegeta :foxmelee:
13: Treetz :falconmelee:
17: Russell :foxmelee:
17: FendrickLamar :marthmelee:
17: Will :foxmelee:
17: Datrooph :falcomelee:
17: Iron :falcomelee:
17: Cho :sheikmelee:
17: Ambition :sheikmelee:
17: Suidt :jigglypuffmelee:
25: CTL :jigglypuffmelee:
25: Tran :foxmelee:
25: General Heinz :falconmelee:
25: SuperMegaWalrus :luigimelee:
25: THuGz :foxmelee:
25: Ferriswheel :foxmelee:
25: Mojo :linkmelee:
25: Village Mascot :foxmelee:
33: roki
33: Toast
33: Identity Crisis
33: DueL
33: GG | i4n
33: MinorThreat
33: Team Nick
33: CAM
33: Nutsack
33: Egg
33: Kurale | Sasha
33: criphood
33: Heartstrings
33: GR | Magicubed
33: Taxi
33: PennySalem
49: Kinglit
49: FBGC | Lange
49: Shou
49: Doanuts
49: Stitchface
49: Nexic
49: Dirtboy
49: luigi master tae
49: Here for Timofey
49: Garzal
49: JWinks
49: Northside | Goonsquad
49: 100%
49: 4PG | Ders
49: READY 4 BATTLE
49: Mikey B
65-204: to be posted later, depending on if smash.gg can export the results

Smashboards Rankings: to be posted later

Payouts:
If you placed Top 8 at this tourney, email me at michigansmash@gmail.com with your PayPal name and I'll take care of the payouts later this week.

Thanks for attending, everyone! Stay tuned for updates on the Michigan Melee Summer Circuit and other tourneys moving forward. Join the Facebook group to remain in the loop: https://www.facebook.com/groups/umsmash/

Last edited:

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
and not a single fox placed top 8 that day.
Tournament is a pretty good example of the chars that are good at mid-level.

Amazing tournament! Shout outs to my entire crew for making me proud and being the homies :D

Shoutouts to Skigh for almost taking it all
To Butch for being a literal god, winning after barely playing last year and constant improvement as the day went on
Juan/Oak/zbet for doing so well
Zinoto for playing melee and learning the sheik MU
Clowsui for attending and making a few upsets
Deepfox for upsetting everyone in Michigan with his crazy improvement in the last month
Gamero/Juggleguy for being head TO's holding it down
KJH for commentating with me
Skigh for saying "oh ****" when butch whipped out the bomb
and I'm too lazy to continue, but shoutouts to all! I know so many of you now and it's great

I wish I could have played more to help, but we always have beachin biweeklies for that!

Parzival

Smash Rookie
Deep Fox didn't upset everyone in Michigan...
Shoutouts to Ann Arbor goin in with 4/8 of top 8

Mulelish

Smash Rookie
Shoutouts:
Rob/Gamero: For hosting/running the best tournament for me to date, you guys put so much work into this **** it blows my mind.
Kzhu: For having my back the whole day through crews and bracket. Knowing that you thought I could place so well made me really try my hardest and I can honestly say I wouldn't have done so well without your help.
Duck: Your top 8 commentary was awesome. I appreciate the **** out of you talking about all the flaws in my play, I learned so much! One of my favorite parts of this tourny was the top level player commentary.
Butch G: For being a beast in crews and even beastlier in bracket. Congrats on the win and taking it home for AA.
Skigh: Great set in loser finals, I suck :'( . Expect our next set to go similar to our game in the crew battle
JU4N: For beating The Oak in losers so I had a chance to place higher, great set as always and i look forward to the next one
The Oak: For exposing me in the spacie v floaty matchup on stream :'( Puff and peach are the hardest for me to play against so i look forward to learning more about the game from playing you.
Zbet: for being the homie and chill as ****. Get good scrubmaster :p
Parzival: We both played so bad that set lets never talk about it again. You have improved so much its insane
Richard/Honeybaked: I didn't enjoy winning the sets against either of you, **** side-b SDs

To all the other people i forgot to mention: good ****.

cisyphus

Smash Ace
Shout outs of my own:
- Tran for taking 7 stocks in the crew battle he didn't even wanna play
- Skigh for being the homie and making me proud. Gotta bomb jump dair more ;)
- Duck for losing $10 to me && also the reason I switched to Samus
- ZBet being an actual god. Also "You live in the sea but you drown in pools?"
- Mules for killing the god. I feel so much less bad about losing my MM to you now.
- Deep C. Squid aka Shallow Puddle Ducky for getting Chipotle with me
- Mikey B for coming up with Squid's new tag
- I4N for coming out strong as hell in pools. Bummed bracket didn't go as well for you. No more Sheik from me!
- Suidt for being upset twins in pool B8 with me. If I hadn't slept on you and played first, I might've gotten 2nd instead of 3rd :(
- Yoyo for dealing with floaty bull**** like a champ. I hope to have some more sets with you in the future.
- The Oak for playing me in friendlies to prep for my pool. Helped a lot, but I relaxed too early.
- KJH for hyping Kill la Kill enough for me to watch it. I really did listen to "Before My Body Is Dry" 15 times in tournament.
- Lordy for ditching the tournament so we could play PM for an hour rofl

Last edited:

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Great tournament idea, wish I coulda come but work johns.

I wanted to touch upon the pools B8 tiebreaker situation. I'm from Cincinnati with my boy Suidt, but I felt really bad when I heard the results of the tiebreaker. While this tournament had clear rules on tie breaker situations in pools (seriously I've been trying to find other examples and most other tournaments don't even have their pool tie breaker rules in their ruleset Q.Q), from my experience it's usually head to head or game wins THEN losses to break ties. While I have no intention of second guessing Juggleguy's rules, I will say this was a rare form of tie breaker.

My point is that I wish that the melee scene had some kind of consensus of tie breaker rules. I come from a brawl background so I know all about not having a widely accepted ruleset, but it would be nice if there was some discussion on what ruleset is best.

Last edited:

King5280

Smash Journeyman
Awesome tourney boys. Also, shoutouts.

Jugglerob- Thank you for making events like this possible with your commitment to the scene and for being the GOAT of TOing.
Saltmero- I was sad to see you not enter but you did an awesome job running it. One day couchmero will show up to a tourney andyour gonna turn some heads.

Butch God- congrats on winning man you are a really good player and you deserved it. I hope you start going to more tournies for sure. All hail the God.
Skigh-WE DIDNT HAVE TO PLAY IN TOURNEY FOR ONCE!! But for real, always enjoy hanging out with you and I was rooting for you all tourney man. Thought you were gonna pull it out for sure.
Mules- Good **** on the breakout tourney man. looking forward to beating you again soon ;).
Ju4n- sucks we had to play but your a great player and an amazing teammate and Im pumped to keep playing with and against you man. Too bad they didn't have a doubles bracket for us to breeze through through lol.
Zbet-cmon scrub we were supposed to meet in grands. Good **** tho man I'm proud of you and always loved eying drunk with you after.
Parzival- holy **** that run through losers though, well done. Hope to play you again. Always happy to see a Marth in bracket.
Nja- always enjoy chilling and playing with you. Aggro floaties for life.
Russ- your such a good player you just gotta show everyone and get those nerves under check man.
Fendy-my smash son. You've improved so much it's insane and I love watching it. Your gonna be a serious force in the very nearest future if you ever figure out sheik.
Will- thank you for losing to my Kirby and for always rootng for me. Your getting real good you just can't get smash emo lol.
Heinz- for being my first training partner and for bopping my peach over and over back in the day till I switched to puff.
Lansingboys- for cheering for me loud as **** and pushing me to play so well.
Beach- for sleeping on me for literally forever.
Abu- keep ****ting on me man. I know I'm bad and I appreciate and take in everything you say. Your advice has definitely helped me and I hope you keep giving it. Ive got a lot to learn but I'm motivated. Hopefully you'll actually show up to a mi event soon and you can coach me a little.

cisyphus

Smash Ace
Great tournament idea, wish I coulda come but work johns.

I wanted to touch upon the pools B8 tiebreaker situation. I'm from Cincinnati with my boy Suidt, but I felt really bad when I heard the results of the tiebreaker. While this tournament had clear rules on tie breaker situations in pools (seriously I've been trying to find other examples and most other tournaments don't even have their pool tie breaker rules in their ruleset Q.Q), from my experience it's usually head to head or game wins THEN losses to break ties. While I have no intention of second guessing Juggleguy's rules, I will say this was a rare form of tie breaker.

My point is that I wish that the melee scene had some kind of consensus of tie breaker rules. I come from a brawl background so I know all about not having a widely accepted ruleset, but it would be nice if there was some discussion on what ruleset is best.
I knew about the tie break rules beforehand, lol. I just relaxed after I took game 1 from i4n, thinking my score was better than suidt's. If I'd have won the set, though, I think it still would've been i4n getting 1st even though I beat him:
I would have had 4-1 sets and either 8-4 or 8-3 games
i4n would've had 4-1 sets and either 9-3 or 8-3 games

So if the set was [Yata 2-1 i4n], i4n would still have been seeded higher than me, which doesn't really make sense. I dunno. Rob can do what he does at this point. I'll still go to his tournaments. My complaint is more that there was an inordinately strong group of players in our pool. Even Tess and Bad Horse were better than most. Yoyo was only down 1 game vs. me and suidt as well. The whole pool was decided by 1 game, which is kind of rare when you really think about it.

In the end though, Juggleguy's expressed his lack of concern and I'm really not that salty about it so whatever. I had half the tournament congratulating me on beating Yoyo. I'll take it.

Last edited:

Napkin

Smash Cadet
Really fun tournament. Kind of salty about not making top 8, but everyone who did definitely deserved it.

JU4N

Smash Apprentice
GGs everyone!

Crew battles are hype.

It was just overall nice to see the community invest a lot in this event, and to take an interest in all the little narratives that run through our scene. Let the stories continue!

Top Bottom