• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MI Ranbats 2015 #1

W.C.N

Smash Lord
This was a great tournout of players for the first ranbats with Smash4. We also included Brawl which had a few entrants that werent in smash4.

First the results

Brawl Singles
Supreme Champion:Lou rich
Worthy Adversary:Stewy
Maybe Next Time:Qd
4th place:Nom
5th place tie:Jkbuk
Zyth
7th place tie:Rog
Jcav
9th place tie:Adrian
Iceman
Tora

Brawl Doubles
Supreme Champion:Ori/rayquaza
Worthy Adversary:tech chase/pzo
Maybe Next Time:Zyth/nom
4th place:Jkbuk/jcav
5th place tie:Stewy/Ryuga
Tora/Iceman

Smash4 Doubles
Supreme Champions:Stewy/Ryuga
Worthy Adversary's:Ori/rayquaza
Maybe Next Time:Nom/Zyth
4th place:Smasher1001/kipdog
5th place tie:Jcav/jkbuk
rog/hypercrasher
7th place tie:CORNistheD/TheVoice
Razz/Ramzy
9th place tie:Sqyeebles/morizan
Snowblock/konta
Jdawg/slim
Cheatai/Mac
13th place tie:iceman/tora
Gunson/hecrate
Seanboyce/JoshR
JonD/Dakota
17th place tie:SeanB/JoshRuhl
Sheqels/Axew

Smash4 Singles
Supreme Champion:Rayquaza
Worthy Adversary:Ryuga
Maybe Next Time:Smasher1001
4th place:kipdogg
5th place tie:Lou Rich
Nom
7th place tie:Stewy
Techchase
9th place tie:Jkbuk
Ori
Zyth
rog
13th place tie: PzO
hyper crasher
Jcav
Iceman

Smash4 Pools Link

Due to only having 6 setups to run 8 pools each with 6+people in them we ran out of time and had to make it top 2 make it out of pools leaving only a top 16 bracket. I tried very hard to not let this happen but there was nothing i could do to stop it. When TO's say they NEED setups to make the tournament run faster this was a prime example of WHY we need them. When ever there is an abundance of new people i try to ensure they get a lot of matches in so they have more of an urge to come back and enter again. Next time if we are in this short of time I know to run Bracket Pools to make things go faster. It is extrememly unfortunate what happened here and I apologize to all the people who got 3rd and 4th in there pool and didnt get to be included in the bracket.

Also I KNOW there are a lot of spelling errors on peoples names so let me know before i post the challonge links for results

Last edited:

Snow Black

Smash Cadet
NNID
sn0wblack
@ KentaKurodani KentaKurodani and I got our names spelled wrong ;~;

Shame about the setups situation though, I guess you can't really rely on people to bring them as much when many people still do not have a GameCube controller adapter. I had fun though, it was a good tournament.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Got your names in dubs changed and Yes this adapter shortage needs to change as well either nintendo needs to release more to the US or people need to start buying mayflash adapters

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Added a link to the google Doc with the pools results and i will do shoutouts later

KentaKurodani

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KentaKurodani
3DS FC
5370-0467-0413
Ripster was reported wrong in my pool. He got Kipdog 2-0, he didn't get 2-0'd. I know this because it's why I wasn't third seed, so I was quite aware :p

Dkdudeman

Aspiring Gardener
NNID
Dkdudeman
3DS FC
3909-7930-2878
It turns out bringing my setup to the first tournament I went to was a good idea. I'll bring it again whenever I come out!
…And if it's convenient for anyone, I would be grateful for more information about Ori's weeklies.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
lol boxxy won? did he even play in like the last 3 years? which character(s) did he use?

QD at 3rd niceeee and ori/rayquaza smacking every1 in dubs

Top Bottom