• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mexican Prodigy MKLeo Acquires a US Visa

MK Leo’s tweet. Rough translation: “Friends, I have an announcement… at last, I have acquired a US Visa! Thanks a lot to everyone for your support, good things are coming!”

Earlier today Leonardo “MK Leo” Lopez, widely regarded as the best Super Smash Bros. Wii U player in all of México, announced via Twitter that he had finally managed to obtain a Visa that should allow him to travel between the US and his native country.

Leo’s previous efforts to obtain a Visa over the last couple of years are well known amongst the community, so it’s exciting to hear that he’ll finally be able to travel and compete in tournaments taking place in the US. We reached out to him to ask about his feelings on this new development:

“I’m just really thankful all of the hard work and effort we’ve put towards getting this issue solved has finally paid off. I’d like to thank all of my friends, especially Keitaro, Citi from Smash Factor and my brother for their help. I want to use this opportunity to keep working hard and try to become the best player in the world.”

For the time being, Richard "Keitaro" King has already announced that Leo is confirmed to attend KTAR XIX, which will take place this November 19th.

Smashboards would like to congratulate Leo for the good news! We wish him the best of luck, and hope to see him at many tournaments very soon!

Last edited:
Eidolon

Comments

He's about to remind everyone that the quick step exists.
Step Dash, and I think that's what he's been doing which is why we never see his Meta Knight. NEVER. If you look at Hydra Pro Gaming Leo even uses Ike and Mewtwo and Bayo before Meta Knight.

Last edited:
I accidentally trash talked him at a tournament in Canada this summer, after my friend beat his Puff at Melee. ;_;

Top Bottom