• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo's Shadowball :(

Appdude

Smash Cadet
Ok...so I've been putting time into mewtwo, and I've come to this conclusion....Shadowball is the equivalent of cheese.
Don't get me wrong, shadowball is a great tool for shield pressure, shield breaks, and an amazing kill tool....but I just...don't feel like I've earned my win when I finish with shadowball. The funny thing is, mewtwo wouldn't be as viable without shadowball. Basically, every time I charge a shadowball, I feel guilty haha. Anyone else feel this way?

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
The only time I feel a smidge dirty using shadow ball is repeatedly plowing through a For Glory player's precious spam. Otherwise, a win is a win no matter how you achieve it. Besides, it's the slowest charging of all charged projectiles so you deserve that bang when you get it. If your beef is that it isn't stylish enough, you can still do some nifty stuff with it involving edgeguarding.

Also, take a peek at my sig, fellow hunter.

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
No because m2 shadowball is possibly the strongest projectile (not counting limit Cloud)and it helps space

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
No because m2 shadowball is possibly the strongest projectile (not counting limit Cloud)and it helps space
Cloud's neutral B limit break is weaker than a fully charged Shadow Ball and is significantly less useful in general.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
When M2 is helium weight...he dang well deserved an amazing projectile to keep people away from him. That's how I see it. And there are much stupider attacks out there (looking at you needles, Rosa's uair...)

sparkaura

Smash Apprentice
Main Lucario for a bit you'll know cheese when you get 20% kills at high aura. I feel so dirty when I get those types of kills. Mewtwos shadow ball doesn't make me feel guilty at all because of Lucario.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
When did this whole "abusing an advantage in a competitive game in order to win feels dirty" thing start?

Why are so many players feeling guilty that their characters have specific strengths like a powerful projectile, or an above average counterattack? Abuse that ****, I say! The goal is to win, so why wouldnt you make use of every tool in your kit if it could help you achieve that?

This is why you never hear top players talk like this about their mains.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
........no. I have never once felt bad for using the tools of a character mocked by almost the whole community.

Lime Cultivist

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-3457-2010
Mewtwo needs everything he can get. I mean really, out of all the moves in the game, something like shadow ball is far from cheap/broken (and that goes for almost everything else mewtwo has too).

Appdude

Smash Cadet
When M2 is helium weight...he dang well deserved an amazing projectile to keep people away from him. That's how I see it. And there are much stupider attacks out there (looking at you needles, Rosa's uair...)

I'm getting behind this reason for not feeling guilty about shadowball

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Main Lucario for a bit you'll know cheese when you get 20% kills at high aura. I feel so dirty when I get those types of kills. Mewtwos shadow ball doesn't make me feel guilty at all because of Lucario.
Don't you love it when you flick the C-Stick by mistake and accidentally kill some poor fool at 40%?

MockRock

Smash Apprentice
A lot of characters in Smash 4 have reliable super moves; Charge Shot, Giant Punch, most Counters, Dragon Fang Shot, Limit Breaks, Shoryuken... it's just kind of a part of the game. I don't really understand the guilt, honestly. It's a good tool in Mewtwo's kit, but it's certainly not broken.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Didn't Lucario's whole moveset get slower and was compensated by overturning Aura? (I think we are all getting off topic BTW...then again this topic is silly in the first place and should be locked imo)

Indigo_

Smash Cadet
Mewtwo's aurashere is better than lucario's projectile component of aurasphere IMO. AS is weak unless you are at high percents, and even then, it's not much more powerful.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Mewtwo's aurashere is better than lucario's projectile component of aurasphere IMO. AS is weak unless you are at high percents, and even then, it's not much more powerful.
Lucario's charges and releases faster. It's supposed to be "easier" to land but weaker. He also get the charge hitbox which is huge, comes out incredibly fast, can be B-Reversed and true combos into a lot of stuff.

Indigo_

Smash Cadet
Yeah the charge is a defining feature of lucario, but the actual projectile component is pretty close in power to mewtwo. People popping off about 20% or 40% kills with aurasphere haven't paid attention to how rarely that happens.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Lucario's charges and releases faster. It's supposed to be "easier" to land but weaker. He also get the charge hitbox which is huge, comes out incredibly fast, can be B-Reversed and true combos into a lot of stuff.
It's much laggier after release though, making it poor spam.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
I thought people learned, like at the end of the 90s, that calling projectiles cheap is the scrubbiest thing imag-*sees the Pokk'en board on gamefaqs* apparently not.

Last edited:

TAN-MAN

Smash Cadet
NNID
EvitanArt
I don't think you should feel bad about it. It's a great projectile sure, but if someone gets hit by it, it's on them. Not like it's an invisible projectile or anything. That'd be crazy....right?

Top Bottom