• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo's odd Waveland

Do you think this Tech will have any competitive use?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Yes, but will be situational.

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Nope.

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
I noticed as I was playing PM, that I could run off the edge, and do an airdodge directly back to stage. But I didn't just move back to the stage, but I also did a Waveland, at a 180-degree angle. I seemed to be too low for the air dodge to reach the edge. This is probably of limited use, though.

Uses

If you are on the ledge, you could perform the waveland to slide far onto the edge. If you need to, use the Pokédash right after you get your ledge invincibility, so your opponent doesn't just bop you away. (ledgehopped wavelanding)

*I apologize for the video quality.

Last edited:

BBOY15

Smash Apprentice
I'm testing it out. This is interesting. It seems like Mewtwo's weird 2nd jump movement is what allows him to do this. But are you sure that he's invincible when he wavelands right after grabbing the ledge? I can't get Mewtwo to have invincibility frames on the stage. Maybe I'm not doing it right.

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
I'm testing it out. This is interesting. It seems like Mewtwo's weird 2nd jump movement is what allows him to do this. But are you sure that he's invincible when he wavelands right after grabbing the ledge? I can't get Mewtwo to have invincibility frames on the stage. Maybe I'm not doing it right.
Did not actually play the game to test invincibility frames.

I guess you have invincibility BEFORE you perform the air dodge.

I have to go to sleep. I'll test it tomorrow

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
whoever said no gets a kick in the balls

i didn't even post the video, in 3 hours It will be done

and if you do it good enough you get invincibility on the edge

Last edited:

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
Original Post updated with Video.

I hope the video gives you guys an idea of how this is used.

Last edited:

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
First and possibly most importantly: are you younger than Lunchables? Because you sound younger than Lunchables.

I got as far as the side-b thing before I turned it off. Ledgehop wavelands/"ledgedashing" is old tech (Mewtwo's isn't good enough to act with invincibility iirc but you can waveland through some stuff which is nice), walkoff waveland may or may not be known (has to do with the way he pulls his feet up as he goes off the stage) but isn't really useful, the side-b thing is related to an old trick with Mewtwo's DJ.

Last edited:

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
First and possibly most importantly: are you younger than Lunchables? Because you sound younger than Lunchables.

I got as far as the side-b thing before I turned it off. Ledgehop wavelands/"ledgedashing" is old tech (Mewtwo's isn't good enough to act with invincibility iirc but you can waveland through some stuff which is nice), walkoff waveland may or may not be known (has to do with the way he pulls his feet up as he goes off the stage) but isn't really useful, the side-b thing is related to an old trick with Mewtwo's DJ.
Yes, I am younger than lunchables.

and for the "technique" I just wanted to put my face over the game
I think I will change the name of the thread.

The SideB trick was unrelated to what I was showing off, I just wanted to show it off

I know ledgehop wavelands exist, I do them all the time with Ganon. Mewtwo has an odd Waveland when hitting a hard platform. Something I noticed in Project M is that air dodges climb up walls. too lazy to test if that works in melee.

DARKcpu0

Smash Apprentice
If done right, as far as those invincibility frames go, might be able to utilize this as a parry of sorts. Throw out a dair and get a free approach if fast enough if the opponent is on stage.

Garr

Smash Apprentice
Just mewtwo as far as I know. I wish you could do it with other characters.......
Yoshi and Ganon can do this, too. That is, if you're referring to waveland onstage at a perfect horizontal angle. It all depends on how their collision points move while double jumping.

Top Bottom