• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo top tier?

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
With mewtwo being low tier but with many possibiltys I believe that he has a chance in A tier

the muted smasher

Smash Journeyman
If You explain Yourself maybe, however this game has been played for near 15 years and the neutral has more or less been fully fleshed out, we can push the game a lot more but it's niche things like ways to squeeze a little more out of each hit or di.

And mewtwo at high level is incredibly pressed to make his hits matter due to combos being shorter and shorter the better the group is

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
If You explain Yourself maybe, however this game has been played for near 15 years and the neutral has more or less been fully fleshed out, we can push the game a lot more but it's niche things like ways to squeeze a little more out of each hit or di.

And mewtwo at high level is incredibly pressed to make his hits matter due to combos being shorter and shorter the better the group is
Ik what you mean but meaning like Mewtwo has many great combo options and has good KO options etc

TIN0

Smash Cadet
NNID
FarmingEIAS
3DS FC
1907-8613-7842
If you were able to have frame perfect djc nair or shffl b reverse or crazy fast fingers, mewtwo would be unbeatable. He doesn't have a lot of options but he can force bad habits and prioritize on making the opponent mess up.

the muted smasher

Smash Journeyman
You guys are over rating mewtwo by a delusional amount, he is worse vs peach than ice climbers and that nearly makes them unviable and they go even with falco and wreak puff and sheik.

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
You guys are over rating mewtwo by a delusional amount, he is worse vs peach than ice climbers and that nearly makes them unviable and they go even with falco and wreak puff and sheik.
Then why are you here if you think he's low tier
If you were able to have frame perfect djc nair or shffl b reverse or crazy fast fingers, mewtwo would be unbeatable. He doesn't have a lot of options but he can force bad habits and prioritize on making the opponent mess up.
I agree I do have fast hands but am still practiceing that

Sieghart

Smash Apprentice
Then why are you here if you think he's low tier
Because we happen to enjoy M2 as a character rather than the end all top tier. Not everyone thinks in terms of being the best. Some people happen to enjoy having fun.

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
Because we happen to enjoy M2 as a character rather than the end all top tier. Not everyone thinks in terms of being the best. Some people happen to enjoy having fun.
Having fun by making fun of the character get on my lvl

the muted smasher

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo can put in work and isn't unable to do anything unlike say bowser or roy.

But if You think he can manage to be even mid tier You won't

the muted smasher

Smash Journeyman
Yeah its a free match-up I play ics pichu.

You legit just di away cause he lacks a strong hit (ex. Knee, rest, falcon spike, etc. )and he loses his combos, his edge guarding isn't reliable, and his neutral isn't even on par with say doc.

Mewtwo can be pushed further like the rest of the cast, and yeah so can You're worst match-ups. You need to understand his flaws of You want to work with him, know if You hit with the strong part of Your tail vs falco he can shine You oos before Your tail comes back to You.

Gotta understand You can have the lag of disable punished when You land the hit and be 0-death for landing it.

Gotta know if You don't shield when puff in Your face it can be a free rest.

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
Yeah its a free match-up I play ics pichu.

You legit just di away cause he lacks a strong hit (ex. Knee, rest, falcon spike, etc. )and he loses his combos, his edge guarding isn't reliable, and his neutral isn't even on par with say doc.

Mewtwo can be pushed further like the rest of the cast, and yeah so can You're worst match-ups. You need to understand his flaws of You want to work with him, know if You hit with the strong part of Your tail vs falco he can shine You oos before Your tail comes back to You.

Gotta understand You can have the lag of disable punished when You land the hit and be 0-death for landing it.

Gotta know if You don't shield when puff in Your face it can be a free rest.
U no u can reply and ik dat that's why I play Mewtwo if u check my tumblr tomorrow or when ever I can get it up I'll have a Mewtwo vid (don't have yt yet :()

the muted smasher

Smash Journeyman
I come back from the Era when mewtwo was at his peak with powerhouse players like Lori and Taj putting in real work and fox mightve been the best in the game but people generally agreed he wasn't viable at top level play because You couldn't not make a mistake.

But marth, falco and puff were the only ones expected to take first at nationals

Squid Kid

Smash Rookie
Short answer: No.

Long answer: Absolutely not. Mewtwo doesn't have the right tool set to contest characters like Fox and Falco. Mewtwo's relatively slow in the air, has punishable moves and terrible throws (you can SDI them), and has a pretty gimp-able recovery. He has his share of options he can use to manipulate opponents into getting hit by, though.

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
Short answer: No.

Long answer: Absolutely not. Mewtwo doesn't have the right tool set to contest characters like Fox and Falco. Mewtwo's relatively slow in the air, has punishable moves and terrible throws (you can SDI them), and has a pretty gimp-able recovery. He has his share of options he can use to manipulate opponents into getting hit by, though.
I'm not looking for the bads im looking for the possibility but thx for your input

the muted smasher

Smash Journeyman
Then You have selective hearing man. You can work with him but don't pretend he can work better than the high tiers that never win large events it's choosing to ignore the character You're using.

I mean I use pichu in tournament vs marth and some mid level players, I think pichu is viable but not myself with pichu cause I can't hit all his tight windows to never drop pressure/combos and always avoid sheik grabs and run through falcons.

And pichu is only viable if I do that, where ics are only viable if I Play low energy and look to counter how they play.

Play a character with many options get good, come back to mewtwo if You really Wanta be good as mewtwo. His options are terrible and few viable ones compared to most. Playing as a low tier doesn't let play the same game as much as them when You're always pinned down

D

Deleted member 212841

gcyftftdtfyxycyvj

Last edited by a moderator:

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
Are you ICG?

In all seriousness, this thread is really annoying. Not only is there a ton of alerts for dudes like me who happen to watch the Mewtwo boards (and I can't take a specific thread off despite already ignoring the OP), but almost none of the posts say anything remotely interesting. There's no meaningful discussion going on of the character's strengths or flaws and how they may be overlooked or exploited in overwhelming ways. (let alone coherent posts) The only things that are even mentioned about those sort of things are either flat out false (squid kid) or harp on something so overly specific that it becomes meaningless. (Sheik's side b is punishable on hit!) Did I mention this thread is beating on a dead horse?

So if we could all just move on and leave this thread alone, I'd be really grateful. Alternatively, if somebody could tell me how I can block alerts from this thread that'd also make me happy enough to stop bothering you guys.
Hey Melee Mewtwo!

There's an "Unwatch thread" button in the top right.

And i do apologise if i offended. Characters with a DJC shouldn't be completely ruled out, but when somebody comes along and says a bunch of things baselessly, they gotta be informed properly of what things Mewtwo does and does not have (although i agree my comment may of been a little misplaced!)

Btw, i think we can all agree, Zoma's mewtwo is pretty dope.

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
Just to point these out in I believe Mewtwo has the ability to make Arank in tier if someone plays Mewtwo in a way where his disadvantages are useful.But that's just my thoughts

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 212841

gcyftftdtfyxycyvj

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom