• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Mewtwo Terms

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
here is a list of terms that are exclusive to mewtwo or few other characters only.

SHteleport / SHT
short hopping and teleporting horizontally immediately. relates to 'air cancel.'
SHT can be effectively mixed in with mewtwo's wavedash and dashdances

LCT
abbreviates for 'ledge canceled teleport.' at certain angles when teleporting towards a ledge, mewtwo's teleport hits the wall and gets canceled but his momentum carries him over the ledge. it action, it looks almost like a shortened teleport.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=102440 (with video)

Air Cancel
teleport's delay is drasticly shortened by ending the teleport slightly above surface.

SHDisable
short hop DownB.

SUNC
super ultra ninja cookies (named by taj). this is simply a 'run off edge to sweetspot teleport edgeguard.' SUNCed is a verb tense of the noun, SUNC

wobbles_the_pheonix said:
Perhaps you will appreciate this piece of Smash history. This article does not cite sources, and its impartiality is disputed.

It began between Isai and Taj, when at a tournament long ago they had a small joke between them that Taj was "taking people's cookies" whenever he a) gimped them, b) edgehogged them, or c) just plain destroyed them. Soon, taking cookies became an all purpose name whenever Taj came on the scene. He was there to take your cookies. (Later, Taj attended Champ Combo and Isai's first words to him were "ready to take some cookies Taj?" Taj would have been overjoyed, except that he is cold-blooded and only shows emotion as it benefits him)

It also became a common term to hear Taj say whenever somebody managed to "ninja" a ledge from another player right before they grabbed it. Ninja'ing comes from WoW and was used whenever somebody took a piece of loot that wasn't rightfully theirs, although the term has undoubtedly popped up elsewhere. So in short, if somebody ninja'd the ledge, they also stole your cookies.

The Teleport Edgehog, if you must give it a technical name, was an incredible way for Taj to use the teleport's invincibility, speed, and auto-cancel against the edge when directed down to suddenly take the ledge from somebody when they least expected it. It was so amazing and so surprising, in fact, that it could only be described by using both "super" and "ultra."

So by ninja'ing the ledge and taking your cookies in a super ultra way, Taj gave rise to the amazing technique we all know and love, the Super Ultra Ninja Cookies.
SHBAWD
shorthop Bair to wavedash. This term is also commonly used by other characters that can execute this.

Baby Shadowball / BSB
originated from a post made by taj
this is essentially, launching an uncharged shadowball

SB
this is a general term for Shadowball

SBC
abbreviates for shadowball charge. this term directs at the shadowball charge when used offensively. Examples include shadowball charge edgeguard, and in teams, shadowball charge infinite.

SBCC
abbreviates for shadow ball charge cancel. sbcc has aerial control purposes.

DJC
abbreviation for double jump cancel. cancels vertical acceleration by following the second jump with an aerial. effects are various. can help suspend an aerial in the air or aids as an aerial pivots.

instant DJC
djc next to floor and lc cancel imediately. effect is an aerial faster than shuffle.

Rising Aerial
A common term, rising fair, is known and applicable for other characters. They increase the height of their jumps by fairing during them. For mewtwo, instead of fair, any aerial can be used. this is the opposite of mewtwo's DJC. Instead of canceling your vertical acceleration, you increase the height of your jump. You must use your aerial near the end of the second jump's animation.

Confusion Glitch
Use ForwardB on the ledge of specific stages to "drag down" enemies through the stage to their death. Only effective on battlefield few few other unofficial stages. on other stages, the target automatically grabs the edge.

Shadow Glitch
a glitch associated with mewtwo's Fthrow. In effect, this glitch turns mewtwo's shadowball into an item that can be held; if thrown, game becomes frozen. to execute this glitch, have mewtwo forward throw a target. As shadowballs are shot rapidly, have a third character airdodge in and press z, as if you were catching an item. here is the thread as reference
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=106642 (with video)

Soul Stunner
Use confusion on a red shell 5 times then use confusion on a player that is hit by the shell. Doing this, your enemy will be attached and frozen next to you. Grab and throw other characters to immediately freeze them as well. Soul stunner is cancled when mewtwo is hit by an attack, dead, or using confusion before freezing other characters with grabs.

Moonwalk
Press Forward, Down, and Back consecutively really quickly. the effect is that mewtwo 'running forward' but literally is moving back instead. Tapping A during this with execute mewtwo's runningA attack. This is almost a more complex version of "sticky walking". Mewtwo does not benefit from jump bonuses like cfalcon when moonwalking.

Charlston
a common moonwalk variation also usable by other characters. done by moonwalking then quickly hitting forward direction to get an effect where mewtwo seems to be dashing in place. applicable to mindgame. this tecnique is explained by quak in the following thread. video is also available.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=116614 (video)

Sticky Boosting
sticky boosting is a sped up version of mewtwos normal dash. applicable to a higher level of mindgame. executed by doing a charlston, then hitting the reverse direction at appropriate timing. tecnique is explained in detail by wuak in the following thread. video is also available.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=116614 (video)

numberonenacho

Smash Lord
confusion glitch = ForwardB on the ledge of specific stages to "drag down" enemies through the stage to their doom.

Isnt that called Soul stunner?
im pretty sure it is.

Codename: Zero

Smash Journeyman
confusion glitch = ForwardB on the ledge of specific stages to "drag down" enemies through the stage to their doom.

Isnt that called Soul stunner?
im pretty sure it is.

No, I'm pretty sure that's just called screwing your opponent over.

I believe the Soul Stunner glitch involves Disable. Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure it ends up freezing the opponent and causing a glitch where they can't do anything at all, just like the Ice Climber's freeze glitch.

Airo

Smash Lord
soul stunner is completely different

i should add that, i thankyou for reminding me
soul stunner very complicated =.=

you use confusion on a red shell 4 times, then use confusion on a player, DURING the spin animation, if you get hit by anything, your enemy will be stuck to you in a very awkward way.. and you are free to damage him as much as you want. i dont remember how you release him though =p

Tongji

Smash Journeyman
Well teleporting from the edge to instant edge catch is called ledge stalling i think. Shadow ball charge cancel is SBCC. also never ever try and drag someone through the map with confusion, they will recover before you and ledge hog you and you are screwed, any good fox player can easiely get to the edge before you. Trust me I have tried. Also I don't think that we can name "ledgegame 1" it's just getting off the ledge, I don't see a need. It's not like that tactic is "special" Ohh that remids me we should think of a U throw to shadowclaw to downtilt to throw combo name. jk well hope that helps

quak

Smash Champion
sh out of a sheild to disable is not the best idea, as they're is wind up lag and if your opponent is in the air, it's not nearly as effective.

and i call DJ off the ledge, and then sweetspoting the ledge with teleport "ledge-a-porting"

it's just faster to say.

And that 'unescapeable' combo is totally escapeable. Your opponent can spot dodge, or jab, or pretty much anything as soon as hits the ground after the nair. Or you can get sex kicked before your opponent hits the ground. Plus the combo won't work for too long cause the up throw will chuck em too far eventually.

Airo

Smash Lord
sh out of a sheild to disable is not the best idea, as they're is wind up lag and if your opponent is in the air, it's not nearly as effective.

And that 'unescapeable' combo is totally escapeable. Your opponent can spot dodge, or jab, or pretty much anything as soon as hits the ground after the nair. Or you can get sex kicked before your opponent hits the ground. Plus it doesn't go to far cause the up throw will chuck em too far.
sh out of shield to disable was taj's idea. he uses it so amazingly to counter a falco shL. he demonstrated the effectiveness of this in hes recent recorded friendly matches against forward.

and the inescapable Upthrow to Nair fast fall is titled "inescapable" by mookirah.
of course only on fastfallers and and at low percentages.

the thing is that when you up throw a fox, he doesnt fly any higher vertically than the height of one mewtwo. you would then short hop into a nair, then fast fall BEFORE the last knockback hits. he would disconnect from mewtwo's nair very close to the gound, land on the ground standing in an almost crouching position, while you lcancel and regrab him. works amazingly well. and as you know, you cant DI out of a nair, and neither is there enough aerial time to counter with a sex kick.

pls note that i am not a person that makes up combos and post them up with significant titles. i play competitively with the powerrankings of BC.

quak

Smash Champion
You can use nair as a grab setup by falling through opponents as to not getting hit by the final blow of nair and then catch them once they get within range. That trick in general can work on most characters at most percents; however, it's hard to set up randomly in a fight. I did manage to find a way to combo it from a grab with fox/falco and posted the combo using this trick a while back, something I perfected and tested well at FC6. This is escapable, cause nair's stun doesn't last long, but very very very few people even bothered trying to attack in the middle of it cause it happens fast and takes most people by surprise.
it's escapable

Mr. Game and Play

Smash Rookie
is it just me or is there no official terms for some of the common moves that he uses.
i could be wrong.. i dano... thats why i made this post so i could be filled up

Shadow Drop = shadowball charge cancel
Reverse Shadow Drop = shorthop reverse shadow ball charge cancel (shiek has a reverse needle)
Short Hop Dizziness= short hop out of shield disable (are we just calling this short hop disable? x.x) falco has SHL
Double Jump Cancel/COLOR] = djc next to floor and lc cancel imediately, works faster than shuffle.
Tele-Jump= release by tilting back then teleport horizontally (can we name this?)
Ledge-a-port = ledge jump backwards then teleport downwards diagonally for sweet spot (can we name this?)
Death Bringer = ForwardB on the ledge of specific stages to "drag down" enemies through the stage to their death.
Psycho Mill = mookirah taught an inescapable combo where you U-throw to nair, fast fall so last knockback shock does not hit, l cancel, grab, repeat until mid - high damage. so what is it called when you Nair and fast fall so that your last spark doesnt hit...
Soul Stunner = use confusion on a red shell 4 times then on a player and get hit during the spinning animation. doing this, your enemy will be attached and frozen next to you.

im sure there are more... but i really cant think of all of these right now when im not next to my gamecube and playing.

you are welcome to add to it or correct any of it.

I like Name things but some of these things just shouldn't be named....

Airo

Smash Lord
sry.. if i made some sort of confusion.. perhaps i should restate this...

i reallly meant abbreviations

ex. forward air = fair
attack during your second jump to cut vertical acceleration = DJC

really, i think we need to put some official names into a few of these terms, maybe not the ledge games, i should take those out, but should have abbreviations for shadowball charge cancel.

Can we all agree on "SBCC" ?

Metà

Smash Master
SHBAWD (shorthop b-air wavedash) is what Doc/Mario players call the b-air waveland. This is a useful technique for Mewtwo; you should add it to the list.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
I put up motion that anything that has "Disable" in it should be called... "diss"... or something of that sort type thing.

quak

Smash Champion
yeah, but moonwalking can be done by all charactors, more or less. If that were to go in, then wd'ing and **** would also be applicable....

Airo

Smash Lord
but there are less than 5 characters have have moonwalks that actually looks like a moonwalk.

characters like fox, shiek, falco, dk, bowser, and a whole bunch of other characters have moonwalks that move them back by 1 pixel, for those characters, we pretend that they dont have a moonwalk.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Boost Grabbing : sort of the opposite of JC grabbing, press A instead of jump while running to grab, you'll do the running grab animation but won't move forward at all, plus you'll make Mewtwo grunt as if he was doing the Dash attack (strange IMO). A bit more range but JC grab is still more useful.

quak

Smash Champion
frankly, i don't think mewtwo does many more charactor specific advanced techs. Unless you want to add abstract things like "shadowball chasing" and stuff.

KrF2

Smash Cadet
what about The Disable Spike?

Disable "spikes" falco and fox while in firefox. They fall so fast that they can't recover and you edgeguard them with teleport.(only works on them.Oh they can try to recover but they will be too low to)

Airo

Smash Lord
disable doesnt spike.

it cancels their attacks, and the people or computers with slow reaction speeds fall to their doom

but in reality, why disable when you can dsmash, ftilt, dtilt, dair,
all these have a much higher chance of landing than a disable ._.

and lol at quak

quak

Smash Champion
well, SB for shadow ball and SBC for the charge is easy enough to figure out

but with not charged shadow balls or fully charged ones, i think context clues should be sufficient enough. (As in "spam SB's" Vs "the SB is a good kill"

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
create a title for when you steal Link/YL bombs or Peach items and air dodge. cause that always looks hot. I always yell MULTIPLYYY when I do it but yeah.

also good job. <3 Mewtwo

quak

Smash Champion
you can do that with any character, this is about mewtwo specifc stuff dude

and yes, catching bombs and powersheilding looks raw, but at the same time is an effective way to deal with projectile spams. (effective for mewtwo at least)

quak

Smash Champion
hey, im just trying to be friendly, lighten up.

and yes i do, the item appers in like four different places when you airdodge with an item in your hand, but if giving things a name soley based on the cool animation isn't what this is about i think.

And even though there isn't anything anyone can do on the internet to make you truly regret a rude post, some mannerism couldn't hurt.

Rather than being disdainful, you could try to deflate your ego a bit and act more pleasently towards others, you'll find they won't contest you as often and may even be inclined to help you out with a future problem.

Man, this kinda **** really gets on my ****in nerves...

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Well I wasn't aware this was so serious so I'm sorry, really. Truth be told you kinda upset me in your first one but I don't care. Like I said I'm sorry. I'm certainly not here to fight anyone. I love Mewtwo and that's why I'm here, I just act crazy when I play him. (which is why I like to 'name' the air dodge with item) =p but I don't have some bad ego, I'm sorry if you misunderstood my post. I was just trying to get my point across not yell at you 0,o I don't know how else to explain it. Once again, sorry =(

Top Bottom