• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Strikes Back: Evolution Will Be Debuting in Theaters in 2019

mewtwo.jpg

According to Nintendo Everything, Mewtwo Strikes Back: Evolution will be debuting in theaters in 2019. This information comes from a brief teaser in the Japanese release of Pokemon The Movie: Everyone’s Story.

Currently, reports in Japan state Masachika Ichimura will be reprising the role as Mewtwo. English audiences can likely expect Dan Green in the dub of the film, as Jay Goede (also known as Philip Bartlett in the credits of the first movie) has not since reprised the role. Dan Green provided the voice in Mewtwo Returns.

The teaser has yet to be posted online at this time.

Last edited:
Jedidiah "SHSL Jedi" Baker

Comments

Sounds like it could lead to mewthree. If it does then get ready boys!

Mewthree echo is coming to smash!

so itll be the events of the first film in the alternate continuity thatll be why its called evolution, personally i dont see mewtwo actually evolving

The latest film, Pokémon the Movie: Everyone’s Story released in Japan and it confirmed the next movie at the end of the film with the title “Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution”

I sometimes feel like Mewtwo should be involved in a more positive role. In the past movies, Mewtwo's creators failed to give it a pure heart, but maybe in the new story, the new Mewtwo is actually made to be the most compassionate Pokemon, and has had a good life with the people who created it.

However, Mewtwo's life would end up changing when an evil organization tried to capture it, which reluctantly forced it to have to fight back. Sadly, Mewtwo ends up losing its only family, but remembering their wishes, it leaves the tragic incident behind to try to learn more about the Pokemon world. During its travels, Mewtwo learns how people and Pokemon co-exist with each other, but it also develops a sense of justice along the way, helping those in need.

I sometimes feel like Mewtwo should be involved in a more positive role. In the past movies, Mewtwo's creators failed to give it a pure heart, but maybe in the new story, the new Mewtwo is actually made to be the most compassionate Pokemon, and has had a good life with the people who created it.

However, Mewtwo's life would end up changing when an evil organization tried to capture it, which reluctantly forced it to have to fight back. Sadly, Mewtwo ends up losing its only family, but remembering their wishes, it leaves the tragic incident behind to try to learn more about the Pokemon world. During its travels, Mewtwo learns how people and Pokemon co-exist with each other, but it also develops a sense of justice along the way, helping those in need.
I feel like they already tried that with the Genesect movie. It didn't work as well as the original.

Even though I wouldn't dare label Mewtwo as "evil", I think he works best as an anti-hero - someone who had a tragic past and wants to make the world a better place, but does it in some of the worst ways possible. Mewtwo has always come across to me as a character who isn't really bad, just so bitter and angry with his life that he lashes out at people who deserve better. Changing him to someone who learns to put his past behind him and look at the better side of things from the get-go would ruin the deeper character development he could get if he slowly realized it over time.

I feel like they already tried that with the Genesect movie. It didn't work as well as the original.

Even though I wouldn't dare label Mewtwo as "evil", I think he works best as an anti-hero - someone who had a tragic past and wants to make the world a better place, but does it in some of the worst ways possible. Mewtwo has always come across to me as a character who isn't really bad, just so bitter and angry with his life that he lashes out at people who deserve better. Changing him to someone who learns to put his past behind him and look at the better side of things from the get-go would ruin the deeper character development he could get if he slowly realized it over time.
I guess what I had in mind was that the new Mewtwo would be created with compassion in mind, and its life developed alongside some highly compassionate scientists, along with the professor's daughter, whom would become its best friend. However, it would end up losing that life from a terrible incident (for one example, an attack by Team Rocket), and would have to fend for itself afterwards.

If the idea is to give Mewtwo deeper character development, then maybe after the tragic incident, it would try to get revenge on the people who took away its life, and its best friend. But this ambition would cause it to forget why it was created in the first place, putting innocent people and Pokemon at risk.

However, because this Mewtwo wasn't designed to be the world's strongest Pokemon, its powers would be less destructive, but it would still be strong enough to hold its own against most adversaries.

love mewtwo! ( the original ). First Pokemon I've grown to love and is my favorite legendary of all time! Also my main in Smash 4. Can't wait :) Be the first pokemon movie i'm watching again in years!

Last edited:
D
I have no words. I actually have no... words.
I'm crying right now... my man's is back baby!

Maybe we'll get to see the original Mewtwo and the other Mewtwo from the 16th movie? Maybe they'll explain why this Mewtwo was created instead of capturing the original?

Oh **** oh **** oh ****!!! Movie 1 Mewtwo!!! The GREATEST Pokemon of all time!!!! I haven't watched Pokemon since like 2002 but ****! This is exciting!

Cant wait! But wont this film be in all theaters once it releases next year?
film distribution, especially for theaters, is weird; someone can correct me, but I don't think most of the Pokemon movies have even seen the light of days in small theaters in the states.
Are you even going to tell us if this is a remake of the movie or a sequel?
assume a new movie, but we know as much as nintendo everything does: jack

so we'll be glad to report more information once it's out

Sounds like it could lead to mewthree. If it does then get ready boys!

Mewthree echo is coming to smash!
Oh man I hope, I been waiting for mewthree all my life, I pray to God mewthree is a real pokemon finally my dream would come thru guys let's write to nintendo and gamefreak let our voice be heard and please let mewthree be real I be all you guys friends, I never wanted nothing more in life than mewthree to be a real pokemon

Top Bottom