• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokkén Tournament Mewtwo Strikes Back! | Combo Compendium, Mix Ups and Tricks!

Mewtater

Smash Rookie
Isn't it better to simply go j.Y > j.X > Y,Y,Y,Y? (or any other option after j.X, you can do plenty of combos after that) You can pull a j.X after a sucessfull j.Y and it true combos, rather than being a 50/50.
i didn't know that, ty! but sometimes you can't get out a jX right after your jY depening on how low to the ground you are. i didn't know you could jX after a jY most of the time tho thx for that :D

Deaga

Smash Cadet
One suggestionI just thought for the OP:

Something that is noted on the OP is that Psystrike deals more damage with accurate A presses, rather than mashing, but nowhere do you mention which timing people should aim for. From my testing, it seems like this is a good ballpark for the timings:

First press: Whenever you want, it starts the move. :p
Second press: Around the time where Mewtwo raises its fist up, maybe a few frames before or after that. It also seems to coincide when the particle vortex is at its widest.
Third press: When Mewtwo hits his tail on the opponent.

Is this accurate? I really think the OP should address these button presses, as the damage difference is VERY noticeable (goes from ~90 to ~140 damage) and the game doesn't really give any tips of when to press the button.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
One suggestionI just thought for the OP:

Something that is noted on the OP is that Psystrike deals more damage with accurate A presses, rather than mashing, but nowhere do you mention which timing people should aim for. From my testing, it seems like this is a good ballpark for the timings:

First press: Whenever you want, it starts the move. :p
Second press: Around the time where Mewtwo raises its fist up, maybe a few frames before or after that. It also seems to coincide when the particle vortex is at its widest.
Third press: When Mewtwo hits his tail on the opponent.

Is this accurate? I really think the OP should address these button presses, as the damage difference is VERY noticeable (goes from ~90 to ~140 damage) and the game doesn't really give any tips of when to press the button.
I see some people not go for the third hit if they want to stay in duel.

Edit: Do criticals give bonus synergy? I seem to gather it considerably quicker under the effects of V-create (even taking into account the natural boost it gives). Victini is a rather good choice for Mewtwo in general, making moves like Confusion and Fire Punch guaranteed to work optimally on successful use.

Edit 2: I find timing Psystrike's followups easier by simply pressing A exactly when the previous hit occurs. So for the first followup you'd press A immediately once you confirm the hit, then again for the tail smack like you said. You'll know you did it right when Mewtwo flashes yellow.

Last edited:

Dyz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dyz-89
3DS FC
1950-9945-5854
oh dear i wish i had found this thread sooner, its been a long time since the last post, im beginning to make a support combo video of mewtwo, i came looking to see if they havent already been done or made into a video, i know that shouldnt dismotivate me...but it kinda does a bit feeling than im bringing nothing new, but...im happy to see so far i have done some pretty unique combos, i will upload that video this week,

Top Bottom