• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Stages?

DerpiHorse

Smash Rookie
I went to my first tournament today ( lots of fun!), but when it came down to picking a stage i didn't know what to do since i just played casually going random with my friends. I would like to know what are some good stages to counter pick to?

Master Raven

Smash Master
It depends on the matchup. Mewtwo does well almost all the neutrals except for FoD imo. In general I hate FoD, Green Hill Zone, and Warioware because I don't like the platform setups on those stages (although WW might not be so bad, I just have bad experiences on that stage and it's an excellent cp against Mewtwo for characters like Bowser and Falco. FoD and GHZ work against your vertical kill potential and is good for characters with a wall jump and horizontal kill power like Mario). I think Lylat is an excellent stage to cp as Mewtwo because the ledges mess up most recoveries which already serves your gimp potential well and you can cheese players with side B stage spikes.

Last edited:

Based Gob

Smash Rookie
I don't really like dreamland because it makes your up throw kill very difficult. Other than that most maps are fine for mewtwo, it's more match up dependent I think. For example I wouldn't try to take a roy to yoshi's story.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Depends on the matchup and to an extent your level of tech skill. As a general rule you want some platforms, wider blast zones, and low ceilings. Small stages can be limit your options with teleport somewhat. Medium vs large doesn't make too much difference, choose based on your own comfort zone and how the stage size affects your opponent.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Best stages for TP stuff-Draculas, Skyworld, BF, Smashville

General best stage-Probably BF or Yoshis Island (Brawl).

Top Bottom