• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo movement

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Not as Mewtwo, but the drill I usually set people up with when teaching them wavedash lengths is to go Marth on Shadow Moses. Get on one of the side platforms, walk into the wall so your front foot is inside it. A max length wavedash moves Marth just far enough that he'll slide off.

If memory serves, Mewtwo's wavedash is slightly shorter than Halberd's main platform. You could probably practice dash->wavedash there at least if you wanted a similar training mechanism, and that's also a useful input sequence to learn. It's a little too long though. Found a better one. The moving construction platform on Fourside is just long enough to put you in teeter after one frame of dash into a max length wavedash. Two frames makes it easier obviously, but your goal should be just one frame in dash.

Last edited:

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Bumping this because I found a much better option for Mewtwo than the one I posted previously.

Go to Battlefield and roll so that your back is to the ledge. If you wavedash forwards, you can use the platforms above you to get feedback on your wavedash lengths:

-If you jump up to the side platform and land in standing state, your input angle was about 23.2 degrees or more.
-If you jump up to the side platform and land in teeter, your input angle was somewhere around 21.6 to 22.5 degrees.
-If you jump in the space between the side and top platforms, your input angle was roughly 18.6 to 20.8 degrees.
-If your double jump takes you to the top platform, your input angle was less than ~17.9 degrees

Last edited:
Top Bottom