• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo is the closest thing to a canon Ganondorf

Quillion

Smash Hero
(Pun not intended)

• Mewtwo is in the "magic user" archetype: has a lot of moves involving energy blasts instead of direct contact.
  • It has an energy ball that it can charge up and throw at people. Ganon does this in nearly every incarnation.
  • It can reflect projectiles back that are sent at it.
  • It can teleport. Something that Ganon does in nearly every single incarnation.

This means that if Ganondorf were to be made more of a magic user instead of Flanderizing his rarely-used punching, he'd be a Mewtwo clone. :troll:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
(Pun not intended)

• Mewtwo is in the "magic user" archetype: has a lot of moves involving energy blasts instead of direct contact.
  • It has an energy ball that it can charge up and throw at people. Ganon does this in nearly every incarnation.
  • It can reflect projectiles back that are sent at it.
  • It can teleport. Something that Ganon does in nearly every single incarnation.

This means that if Ganondorf were to be made more of a magic user instead of Flanderizing his rarely-used punching, he'd be a Mewtwo clone. :troll:

I already said this in the Social thread though. :p

Zilexion

Smash Cadet
so, ganondorf needs to be to mewtwo as ganondorf currently is to captain falcon? same thing just heavier? what about the warlock blade though? mewtwo's specials seem to fit the bill, but he'd need an entirely different set of neutrals to be all-encompassing to ganondorf. honestly though, ganondorf becoming a mewtwo semi-clone sounds really good. the only problem is, would sakurai really do that now that people have gotten used to ganondorf in his current state for 3 installments? i doubt we'll see a second ganondorf added to the roster in smash 5, but what character could possibly take current ganon's place? as to preserve the current playstyle, not alienating the current ganon mains?

EDIT: on second thought, mewtwo's downB could used to be changed for a ganon moveset. it could be a deku nut, but really, why would ganon have a deku nut as a downB?

Last edited:

AZMerkh64

Smash Rookie
the only problem is, would sakurai really do that now that people have gotten used to ganondorf in his current state for 3 installments? i doubt we'll see a second ganondorf added to the roster in smash 5, but what character could possibly take current ganon's place? as to preserve the current playstyle, not alienating the current ganon mains?
Black Shadow from F-Zero would make sense to have a moveset similar to Falcon, and it looks like all of Ganondorf's moves would fit him. At least, that's what I think.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
so, ganondorf needs to be to mewtwo as ganondorf currently is to captain falcon? same thing just heavier? what about the warlock blade though? mewtwo's specials seem to fit the bill, but he'd need an entirely different set of neutrals to be all-encompassing to ganondorf. honestly though, ganondorf becoming a mewtwo semi-clone sounds really good. the only problem is, would sakurai really do that now that people have gotten used to ganondorf in his current state for 3 installments? i doubt we'll see a second ganondorf added to the roster in smash 5, but what character could possibly take current ganon's place? as to preserve the current playstyle, not alienating the current ganon mains?

EDIT: on second thought, mewtwo's downB could used to be changed for a ganon moveset. it could be a deku nut, but really, why would ganon have a deku nut as a downB?
Black Shadow?¥

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I don't like my projectiles getting hit back at me, or the randomness of how Gordos bounce.
Other then that you got the weight, fantastic recovery and amazing disjoints on your hammer. Not to mention a Dsmash that hits on both sides.

Karsticles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Karsticles
Other then that you got the weight, fantastic recovery and amazing disjoints on your hammer. Not to mention a Dsmash that hits on both sides.
Haha, he just isn't for me. Aesthetics over all, remember? No reason to pick another mediocre character, either. Might as well stick with the one I use right now.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Haha, he just isn't for me. Aesthetics over all, remember? No reason to pick another mediocre character, either. Might as well stick with the one I use right now.
Right right. It's why I usually stick with Bowser and Zard myself. I might experiment with Palutena a bit more. I am getting more fond of Wizard archetype characters that aren't Robin, come from Earthbound or Zelda because it is Zelda.

Quillion

Smash Hero

Just give him a sword for certain tail attacks Mewtwo has.

I have an idea of Ganondorf that he uses a longsword for is fsmash, trident spin for his usmash, and dual swords for his dsmash.

Top Bottom