• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Guide

Guide Mewtwo Guide

Macchus

Smash Rookie
Macchus submitted a new resource:

Mewtwo Guide - Mewtwo Guide

Introduction
Hello, I play a lot of Mewtwo and want to make a guide. They say you retain 90% of what you teach, so really I'm just making my own skills more concrete by typing this and making it understandable.

Currently 2.55 million GSP for Mewtwo Online.

This guide is a W.I.P. under development. If you have anything cool you can do with Mewtwo, let me know. I always want to try new stuff and will add it if...
Read more about this resource...

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
The info itself and combo details are very good. But suggesting to “spam” a certain move is never a good idea” or smart advice. I understand what you mean when you say it though, I’m pretty sure you mean “utilize this whenever its right because its a great option”. Its just that a newbie reading this guide might take that literally and overuse it. Great work though!

Last edited:

Macchus

Smash Rookie
The info itself and combo details are very good. But suggesting to “spam” a certain move is never a good idea” or smart advice. I understand what you mean when you say it though, I’m pretty sure you mean “utilize this whenever its right because its a great option”. Its just that a newbie reading this guide might take that literally and overuse it. Great work though!
Great advise! your totally right, thank you. Changing my wording now. Don't SPAM shadowball kids, just use it for zoning and mix-ups when appropriate.
I see your a Veteran of Mewtwo across all the smash games. I'll be making this guide more in-depth as time goes. Stay tuned : )
I'm loving the new F.tilt/air knockback and range, its a good feel when you connect a nice one. WHAP!

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
Great advise! your totally right, thank you. Changing my wording now. Don't SPAM shadowball kids, just use it for zoning and mix-ups when appropriate.
I see your a Veteran of Mewtwo across all the smash games. I'll be making this guide more in-depth as time goes. Stay tuned : )
I'm loving the new F.tilt/air knockback and range, its a good feel when you connect a nice one. WHAP!
I agree. The new ftilt is incredibly satisfying and one of Mewtwo’s best spacing moves.

I see you updated the guide some more. My suggestion is to talk about Mewtwo’s best edgeguarding options. Rising fair is incredible for covering their offstage options and covering jumps, bair has a massive hitbox to wall out characters with poor horizontal recoveries, and is a bit easier to hit than fair due to its big size. Nair covers airdodges and can gimp at high percents. And Shadow ball can be used for a pretty much guaranteed kill if hit offstage at mid percents. And finally, Dair to spike if you read their recovery.

Thats all I’ll say for now. I’ve been playing Mewtwo for years and love to talk about him, so if you need me to contribute anything let me know!

Top Bottom