• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo can turn around during Disable

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
A lot of laggy attacks seem to have a turn-around option now, and that includes Mewtwo!

Check this out from his preview video on the official site:

WarlikeSpectacularBobcat-max-1mb.gif

Also, the Disable animation has changed! M2 no longer kneels down, at least for the turn-around version.

Last edited:

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
This could be more related to a general buff than being a turn around like Roy and Lil Mac have recieved. To me that looks more like a dash cancelled by the disable since there's not much animation going 'forwards' to start with.

JadeRock 5599

Smash Cadet
I think this is great considering he has a one sided down smash still, so it could punish rollers.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Looks to me like Mewtwo is walking rather than dashing and it's easier to act out of a walk than a dash (granted, they did mention being able to instantly attack out of a dash in SSBU). It could just be a walk, stop, turnaround, Disable or even just a breverse. Disable doesn't have a particularly long animation when compared to the neutral specials of Roy and Little Mac so it's hard to say if it has a 'turn around' like those two moves.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Looks to me like Mewtwo is walking rather than dashing and it's easier to act out of a walk than a dash (granted, they did mention being able to instantly attack out of a dash in SSBU). It could just be a walk, stop, turnaround, Disable or even just a breverse. Disable doesn't have a particularly long animation when compared to the neutral specials of Roy and Little Mac so it's hard to say if it has a 'turn around' like those two moves.
That's crazy to see that Mewtwo is just walking(floating) here...when Pichu is friggin DASHING.

Mewtwo's dash speed is pretty scary now. I believe it's faster than smash 4

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
That's crazy to see that Mewtwo is just walking(floating) here...when Pichu is friggin DASHING.

Mewtwo's dash speed is pretty scary now. I believe it's faster than smash 4
I haven't seen any footage of Mewtwo outside of the 20 second video on the main site. Actually, just watched it again and you can clearly see that the Mewtwo/Pichu clip has him walking since he dashes to do a dash attack after up smashing Toon Link. They don't show him dashing too far and the camera angle does change though. They could always change it before releasing it and plus there are characters like Wolf and Falco who have really fast walk speeds but poor dash speeds. I don't think Mewtwo will end up like that but it is possible.

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
The way the animations play out, it looks like to me Disable's animation starts with him standing on the ground, and he is definitely facing the right before he twists around to Disable Pichu. There also doesn't seem to be any cancelled animations taking place between his walk cycle and Disable triggering, so unless someone has been able to clarify with hands-on experience otherwise, it seems like Disable has B-reversing, which is neat. Also, I think I saw this during one of the Treehouse streams, but Disable's hitbox is much larger now (it looks distinctly like it's not just his line of site).

As someone who always thought the Down B was cool but underpowered to the point of useless, I hope third time's the charm.

Constadin

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately it still cannot be breversed. What we see here is a run-turnaround disable. Such a bummer

Top Bottom